Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > E55 AMG, E63 AMG (W210, W211, W212) > W211 AMG
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 285
Drives: Varies
Exclamation way to open trunk when battery is completely dead?

Car battery is completely dead. I just need to recharge the battery enough to get the car started.
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

Ammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
juicee63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hollywood CA
Posts: 6,934
Drives: 2007 CLS63 030
Send a message via Yahoo to juicee63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
Car battery is completely dead. I just need to recharge the battery enough to get the car started.
Use the small metal key that is in the middle of your remote. It should slide out. Only way to get the trunk up is with the key.
__________________
juicee63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 285
Drives: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicee63 View Post
Use the small metal key that is in the middle of your remote. It should slide out. Only way to get the trunk up is with the key.
and where does that key go?
Ammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
Super Moderator
 
amdeutsch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: www.Traben-Trarbach.de
Posts: 14,990
Drives: MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
and where does that key go?
Into the lock on the trunk lid.
__________________
amdeutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Yacht Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Caribbean/Florida/Colorado
Posts: 3,490
Drives: E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
Car battery is completely dead. I just need to recharge the battery enough to get the car started.
Recharging your battery only enough to start the car, is asking for problems. The single most destructive condition to all the electronics in your car is low voltage, and that is what you are attempting to do. I would suggest to a person that needs help to gain access to the battery, To stop!
Save time, money and aggravation call the 800 Mercedes number they will come to you with a fresh battery and install it, check your charging system and give you a cheaper than dealer price.
Once a battery has been dead, it is compromised and never will have the power it once had no matter how much you charge it. Don't discount the damage a weak battery can cause to a alternator, trying to charge a depleted battery is very hard on an alternator.
Ever wonder why some cars have electrical gremlins, now you have a clue.
__________________
Click here for the Beast 2004 E55K AMG
Yacht Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 285
Drives: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yacht Master View Post
Recharging your battery only enough to start the car, is asking for problems. The single most destructive condition to all the electronics in your car is low voltage, and that is what you are attempting to do. I would suggest to a person that needs help to gain access to the battery, To stop!
Save time, money and aggravation call the 800 Mercedes number they will come to you with a fresh battery and install it, check your charging system and give you a cheaper than dealer price.
Once a battery has been dead, it is compromised and never will have the power it once had no matter how much you charge it. Don't discount the damage a weak battery can cause to a alternator, trying to charge a depleted battery is very hard on an alternator.
Ever wonder why some cars have electrical gremlins, now you have a clue.
I just needed to get the car to the dealership. Is battery covered under extended warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdeutsch View Post
Into the lock on the trunk lid.
last time I checked, I didn't see any hole. That's why
Ammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:38 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 410
Drives: 2003 E55 K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
I just needed to get the car to the dealership. Is battery covered under extended warranty?



last time I checked, I didn't see any hole. That's why
My dealer told me it is actually cheaper to have MB road service come to your house and replace battery!!!
Coalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #8
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
bobgodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,450
Drives: 2004 E55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
last time I checked, I didn't see any hole. That's why
Get eye level with the license plate and look up where the lights are.
bobgodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:11 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgodd View Post
Get eye level with the license plate and look up where the lights are.
lol!
RacerX0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:14 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Stratford,Ct
Posts: 164
Drives: 2005 E55 AMG
My battery went dead while i had hte trans out of my car and the little key turned in the keyhole but would not release the trunk.
I found a power wire on the fuse block under hte hood and jumped power to it and hit hte trunk release and then charged the battery.
OJPAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:14 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2005, amg, batter, battery, charge, completely, dead, e55, e63, mercedes, open, opening, porsche, trunk, w211



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 AM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.
Everyone's Personal Details