The 360Forged / ADV.1 story, straight from Jordan's mouth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
The 360Forged / ADV.1 story, straight from Jordan's mouth

Forgive me if this is a repost, but I just came across this interesting interview with Jordan Swerdloff. I found it linked on a site by a new spammer who's linking to a website about Jordan stealing money. Looks like the interview is from May 2010.

Most of us followed the 360Forged debacle, and we all made our own conclusions about why things ended up the way they did. But I still found it interesting to read his own words about it.

http://www.secretentourage.com/succe...dan-swerdloff/

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 09-27-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
lets hope they have Quick Books now.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55, 1997 E320 "Sold"
haha ^^^^ quick-books. I believe Timothy Geithner had quick-books and he says it does not work lol!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
interesting read!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 SL 500, 09 R350, 09 E63, 2010 Prius
the secretary is HOT!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
/\ +1
Old 09-28-2010, 12:49 AM

thx for sharing. Good read.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
Good to see that Jordan gets to tell what happened. Also good to see my Cayman in the left background!
Old 09-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Out Of Control!

That ADV10 is lookin might tasty!
Old 09-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Forgive me if this is a repost, but I just came across this interesting interview with Jordan Swerdloff. I found it linked on a site by a new spammer who's linking to a website about Jordan stealing money. Looks like the interview is from May 2010.

Most of us followed the 360Forged debacle, and we all made our own conclusions about why things ended up the way they did. But I still found it interesting to read his own words about it.

http://www.secretentourage.com/succe...dan-swerdloff/

Just so everyone can also see the website in question, click here:

CLICK
Old 09-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
One thing I can't stand is watching people get totally ripped off. It friggin burns me up as a member and sponsor. My guess is what applies to 6speed also goes for MBW? Someone help me with this question 'are AVD.1 Wheels re-branded MHT wheels?

Here is what IB has to say.

Jordan Adv1 Not welcome on the forums
September 25th, 2010 Write comment
6speedonline already had removed anything to do with ADV1. They arent allowed to be sold or marketed on the forum. I believe everything that happened with 360 forged is happening with adv1

FROM 6SPEEDONLINE:

Hi,
We have become aware that some of our sponsors have been retailing ADV1 wheels on 6speedonline. We have removed these advertisements. ADV1 to our knowledge is run by the former people that ran a wheel company 360 Forged, where these people had issues with fulfillment.
We were successful in obtaining fulfillment for our users with outstanding orders.
However, we have refused to allow ADV1 onto 6speed as sponsors (nor any of our other forums) due to our concern that this would create customer service issues for you, our users. It appears some retailers on 6speed have been promoting ADV1?s wheels on their behalf. We have removed all promotion we could find on ADV1 (and would encourage you report any promotion of ADV1 to the moderators), and would like to make it aware that due to prior customer service issues we will not allow them to be advertised on our sites – if we removed any of your content that was in regards to these wheels, our apologies, but I trust you understand our concern.

As a separate, but related item, 360 Forged are under new management (and to our knowledge have not had any issues fulfilling orders since this change).

If you have any questions regarding ADV1, or any of our other sponsors, you are welcome to contact me directly:
adrian.harris@internetbrands.com

Best,
Adrian
Old 09-28-2010, 10:26 PM

CLS55 & CL CK60
i have spent a decent amount of time with jordan while he was at 360 and since he started adv1. i am in no way shape or form a part of the organization or anything to do with either company but this "interview" is pretty accurate. bottom line is the guy blew up quick (lets just say he could market/sell better faster than he can manufacture) and it was unsustainable. the only part of it that was uncool that i saw was that while people were waiting for wheels and had their monies tied up he was floating a ton of cash for flashy toys (or so it seemed) but that is nothing new in south florida. everybody plays with other peoples money down here.

in the end i am fairly sure most people got their wheels or their money (including myself) and hopefully he earned a lesson. either way his wheels look insane and he ha a hot product. as long as he keeps his cash flow good with his manufacturer it should be a simple "order fulfillment" business.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vic55
Just so everyone can also see the website in question, click here:

CLICK
Thanks, Vic.

I was going to link to this in my original post, but didn't know what IBs policy is on that, since it was started as SPAM on this site. Or it was at least SPAM-like in the fact that the member who posted it, signed up for the sole intention of posting that link in wheel threads.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by beauphus
i have spent a decent amount of time with jordan while he was at 360 and since he started adv1. i am in no way shape or form a part of the organization or anything to do with either company but this "interview" is pretty accurate. bottom line is the guy blew up quick (lets just say he could market/sell better faster than he can manufacture) and it was unsustainable. the only part of it that was uncool that i saw was that while people were waiting for wheels and had their monies tied up he was floating a ton of cash for flashy toys (or so it seemed) but that is nothing new in south florida. everybody plays with other peoples money down here.

in the end i am fairly sure most people got their wheels or their money (including myself) and hopefully he earned a lesson. either way his wheels look insane and he ha a hot product. as long as he keeps his cash flow good with his manufacturer it should be a simple "order fulfillment" business.
So I guess Bernie Madoff learned his lesson, too.

When it's part of your DNA, it's not that easy to "reform." Ask any addict.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
One thing I can't stand is watching people get totally ripped off. It friggin burns me up as a member and sponsor. My guess is what applies to 6speed also goes for MBW? Someone help me with this question 'are AVD.1 Wheels re-branded MHT wheels?
Niche Wheels is owned by MHT Wheels. And I don't know if they're re-branded (different center caps), but these certainly look an awful lot like the new 1-piece flow-spec offering from ADV.1, don't they?

Below is a picture of the Niche Wheel and some I found on the net, of the new Flow Spec ADV.1 offering, from Automotive Connoisseur Group (MBW SPONSOR).

Maybe Peter@ACGSD, can shed some light on this?

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 09-29-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by erichen
the secretary is HOT!
+100
Old 09-29-2010, 01:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CTS-V ///
if you go on thier site and click on 'manufacturing picture' in the first pic you'll see Niche & Fuel boxes.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I will say this.

Being that I am a small business owner, and deal with customer service daily (as many of us do here) we know how unforgiving a bad CS experience can make you loose business. Many major corporations including Mercedes has felt this sting. 360 Forged did a terrible thing to the wheel market and to customers, a lot of people lost time, money, and faith in sponsors and aftermarket wheel shops due to the fiasco.

While yes, I know some people were reimbursed and/or orders filled, it does not erase what happened. Sure you can get over your head when business blows up to a certain magnitude, the bottom line is you do not play with your clients money. You don't go balling out of control when you have those issues at hand.

Now I know about learning, and you have to fail to learn lessons about succeeding. We all know about mistakes and redemption, but it is all in what you learn from those mistakes. How you handle the crisis proves character. Jordan appears to have learned from his mistakes judging from the interview, but a question remains:

Why and how on the co-mingling of money? The "playing around of others money" as someone noted should never have happened. That is a huge flaw in my book. Thoughts anyone?

On ADV.1, hopefully they are fulfilling orders and are of the quality expected of the price point of those wheels. Personally, I wish the best for them but I still have pause on buying anything from them. Good read and interview which brings some clarity, but it does not absolve him of what happened in the past.

JMO and thoughts...

BTW - What is the price difference of Niche wheels and ADV1?
Old 09-29-2010, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211 E55 AMG, ML63 AMG, Past 996GT3,ZCPM3,Brabus C32,ML 500
Guido D Bags..lmao
Old 09-29-2010, 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by bigben320e
I will say this.

Being that I am a small business owner, and deal with customer service daily (as many of us do here) we know how unforgiving a bad CS experience can make you loose business. Many major corporations including Mercedes has felt this sting. 360 Forged did a terrible thing to the wheel market and to customers, a lot of people lost time, money, and faith in sponsors and aftermarket wheel shops due to the fiasco.

While yes, I know some people were reimbursed and/or orders filled, it does not erase what happened. Sure you can get over your head when business blows up to a certain magnitude, the bottom line is you do not play with your clients money. You don't go balling out of control when you have those issues at hand.

Now I know about learning, and you have to fail to learn lessons about succeeding. We all know about mistakes and redemption, but it is all in what you learn from those mistakes. How you handle the crisis proves character. Jordan appears to have learned from his mistakes judging from the interview, but a question remains:

Why and how on the co-mingling of money? The "playing around of others money" as someone noted should never have happened. That is a huge flaw in my book. Thoughts anyone?

On ADV.1, hopefully they are fulfilling orders and are of the quality expected of the price point of those wheels. Personally, I wish the best for them but I still have pause on buying anything from them. Good read and interview which brings some clarity, but it does not absolve him of what happened in the past.

JMO and thoughts...

BTW - What is the price difference of Niche wheels and ADV1?
Making mistakes and making some bad business calls is one thing. And sure, all of us have done that. And if we can learn from those mistakes then it's all good in the end.

But yeah, the playing around with people's money is not a mistake, but a huge character flaw. Hence my Bernie Madoff and "it's built into the DNA" comment. It's a kind of moral corruption that will appear in other dealings, too. And not just business dealings. I argue that this sort of behavior doesn't simply disappear overnight. That's why drug addicts are in 12 step programs for life.

Apologizing and forgiving are good things, but it doesn't mean you win a free pass.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Agree w/ 220S and bigben. BOR, thanks for sharing the link.

Anyone else notice that the interviewer isn't exactly of the "hard-nosed investigative journalism" camp? I guess you shouldn't expect much from a site named "Secret Entourage" (what does that even mean?), but still...
Old 09-29-2010, 12:35 PM

2007 E63
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Niche Wheels is owned by MHT Wheels. And I don't know if they're re-branded (different center caps), but these certainly look an awful lot like the new 1-piece flow-spec offering from ADV.1, don't they?

Below is a picture of the Niche Wheel and some I found on the net, of the new Flow Spec ADV.1 offering, from Automotive Connoisseur Group (MBW SPONSOR).

Maybe Peter@ACGSD, can shed some light on this?

]
so, i guess ill order hte niche wheels, and see if i can get some adv1 center caps..
Old 09-29-2010, 12:41 PM

2003 E55 AMG
pretty new here but glad I caught on to this... I was very close to sold on some ADV.1 wheels but after finding out about this guy Jordan's actions in the past - I'll buy elsewhere. No reason to support his previous actions.. IMO

As orders began to become delayed due to manufacturing issues and back orders
As orders began to become delayed due to my spending the $$$ on balling out while my customers stood around waiting like a bunch of idiots
fixed that for you!

Couldn't easily solved his $$$ problems liquidating all those cars lol. Oh IDK wtf you guys are drooling over their secretary is NOT hot by any standards, especially south FL. They did a ****ty job airbrushing away half of her chubby *** arms in that photo - and god damn - her face is SCARY. Looks like Snooki bred with a a yard rat.

PS: Secret Entourage ride more guido dick in that article
Old 09-29-2010, 05:37 PM

2007 E63
Originally Posted by Peter@ACGSD

Per ADV1 here is the info:
" You can not get this wheel from MHT despite what you may have heard, the ADV5.1 cast is an ADV.1 design which was previously authorized for use by MHT for certain applications which we do not cater to. Although you could previously get the ADV5.1 cast wheel with a niche cap on it for less money, you will not be able to purchase it except leftover inventory for vehicles that we do not cater to as part of an agreement between ADV.1 and MHT as of recently upon launching our FlowSpec line. The MHT version is / was sold for much less as they are manufactured in large quantities using existing molds, where as our deep concave models are low volume pieces which use a specifically designed mold for our deep concave applications. Developments like this are very expensive and take a huge amount of development and effort to get to this stage."
so its the same wheel, just gets hit with 400% luxury tax.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Yo. Check this out....I did some binging.

I saw those Niche rims for approx $270 a pop. http://www.carid.com/niche-wheels/sport-91384.html
The ADV's that look like them are $1420 a pop. http://www.carid.com/advanceone-whee...5-1-93793.html

The difference for the description was the Niche is cast aluminum, but the ADV's says they are forged aluminum.

So, what is the deal..are the ADV's really forged? Anyone can verify? Interesting.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.