Sponsored by:

Driver's Airbag Wiring Harness Warranty Extension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
Driver's Airbag Wiring Harness Warranty Extension

My first post on MBWorld after many months of lurking, so please bear with me here!

Just got a letter from MBUSA regarding a warranty extension on the Driver's Air Bag Wiring Harness, which is now 10y/100k mi. Apparently applies to many models built from 05-06. Funny coincidence that my SRS Warning light came on the day prior on my 05 e55. I've searched the forum regarding the SRS Warning light, and have seen many members talk about the faulty passenger seat sensor issue. My passenger seat sensor does occasionally think that there's an occupant in the passenger seat, when there isn't anything on the seat, so I just buckle the seat belt to be rid of the warning beeps.

The letter mentions that the "Air Bag" light would illuminate if the wiring harness was faulty, any chance that the SRS Warning and light could be triggered by this fault?
Old 12-11-2010, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55
took the car to the dealer today, and the srs warning was caused by the driver's air bag wiring harness...covered by the mb extended warranty on this part...thanks MBUSA!