W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction

Old 11-22-2013, 09:04 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
E55 AMG
secondary air injection pump

the relay that fixed my pump was located near the aux. battery under the hood.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 C280, 05 SLK55 AMG
hi everyone. I am new here and just wanted to say thank you to people like you who put out these wonderful threads to use as reference. They are excellent resources and I was able to use the results of my online research to troubleshoot and solve the check engine light P0410 code on my SLK55 AMG without taking it to the dealer (I despise dealers...especially Mercedes dealers).

In my case i had to replace the air pump and the relay. The air pump was dead since it was permanently switched on by the bad relay and died. When i came home one day i turned the car off and heard it running and didnt know what to do...so i let it just gradually die. A few days later, CEL turns on with p0410. Now I know which relay needs to be unplugged should have ever happen again.

Anyway, I recorded the whole thing and put it on youtube. Its a pretty easy repair and cost around $475 to do yourself. Enjoy!

Old 07-12-2014, 01:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
W211 E500 2003
w211 E500

Hello, I keep getting code p0410, the first thing i went looking for is the fuse, checked fuse it was burned, so I replaced the fuse cleared code and it went away, four days later, check engine light on, checked the fuse(40 amp maxi in the front fuse box) and it was burned again. Not sure what to do next.
I also need help locating the relay.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 MERC E55
2nd pump/relay

is sounds like maybe your 2nd air injection pump is dead and in short time it keep blowing the fuse due to it still getting hot/heated from malfunction. to test it, the 2nd air pump is below the drivers side headlight area under the car. it will have a wire plug you can disconnect. i dont think your pump is working anyways, when the next time you change the fuse, just disconnect the pump and leave it that way for 4-5 days. your fuse should not be blown. the relay that maybe the cause of burning out your 2nd air pump in the first place is Relay #40 inside the engine bay fuse box. part number for this relay 0025427219. also the part number for the 2nd air injection pump itself is made by bosch, part # 0001404285. when i changed my pump out, i bought one that was advertised for audi on ebay, called "New Smog Air Pump Secondary Air Pump" fits 00-05 audi s4 a6 allroad quattro turbo. look that part up on ebay and it will have the same part number, same exact locations to screw into from your cars bracket, same wire connector also. it only cost $179 free shipping there, you can call mb dealership and find out how much you stand to save by going that route. good luck and hope this helps!
Old 07-13-2014, 08:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
W211 E500 2003
Originally Posted by green1212
is sounds like maybe your 2nd air injection pump is dead and in short time it keep blowing the fuse due to it still getting hot/heated from malfunction. to test it, the 2nd air pump is below the drivers side headlight area under the car. it will have a wire plug you can disconnect. i dont think your pump is working anyways, when the next time you change the fuse, just disconnect the pump and leave it that way for 4-5 days. your fuse should not be blown. the relay that maybe the cause of burning out your 2nd air pump in the first place is Relay #40 inside the engine bay fuse box. part number for this relay 0025427219. also the part number for the 2nd air injection pump itself is made by bosch, part # 0001404285. when i changed my pump out, i bought one that was advertised for audi on ebay, called "New Smog Air Pump Secondary Air Pump" fits 00-05 audi s4 a6 allroad quattro turbo. look that part up on ebay and it will have the same part number, same exact locations to screw into from your cars bracket, same wire connector also. it only cost $179 free shipping there, you can call mb dealership and find out how much you stand to save by going that route. good luck and hope this helps!
Thanks green1212, I'm going to test the pump first, then I'll go from there
Old 12-28-2014, 04:22 PM

E55AMG
hi guys,i read your post and i think i have a problem with my secondary air injection system.
There was too much oxidation! I don't know how it happent.
I posted 2 pictures,please can you look and what should i do for cleaning.
Is that a problem and effects to what? and how?
I cleaned two hoses connected to air pump check valves but i dont know how to clean air pump check valves and also there is EGR valve,should i clean it too? and how?

Last edited by *AMG123; 12-28-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 MERC E55
thats not 2nd air system..

that's not the 2nd air system that is referenced in this thread. the 2nd air hose is right below that part in the pic on the drivers side. these are some type of air canisters but don't know how/why it would look like that??? will do some research for you on that one! wow man, that's some mad corrosion going on there!!!
Old 12-29-2014, 06:28 AM

E55AMG
Originally Posted by green1212
that's not the 2nd air system that is referenced in this thread. the 2nd air hose is right below that part in the pic on the drivers side. these are some type of air canisters but don't know how/why it would look like that??? will do some research for you on that one! wow man, that's some mad corrosion going on there!!!
yea man! when i saw that i am shocked!
today i will change the sc fluid and clean those corrosion from there!
please ask someone who know that problem! it looks water turn around there inside and made that corrosion. but how!