Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
Looking to buy a CLS55/63
Rebuild MasterTech suspension ordeal.

Subscribed
Search this Thread

Jerseyjules , Today 02:49 PM
Anyone ever dealt with rebuild MasterTech? I'm gonna have to give them two thumbs down. I ordered 2 rebuilt front air struts for my CLS55 AMG and right from the start there was an issue where they lost my order and it was delivered to an incorrect address, an Amazon sorting facility 3 towns over. After dealing with a very rude customer service lady, who refused to replace the order until UPS conducted an investigation, leaving me with no suspension parts for up to 30 days while they try and find the item they lost, this should have been all the red flags I needed to not do business with them. Why should I have to wait for them to figure out the mess they caused, simply replace my order you lost ASAP.
. Eventually, 2 weeks later I got my order and installed them.
From the very first day they simply did not sound right. They rattled over small bumps or when the suspension was unloaded then reloaded like when going over a speed bump. The best way to describe it was the sound it would make of you had forgotten to tighten the top strut tower bolts. A very noticable clunking. Keep in mind my entire front suspension is all new, I replaced everything and the struts were 100% the issue.
They did agree to warranty them for a full refund and not a replacement which I found odd. If you read the email correspondence you can see towards the end where they basically tell me they do not "rebuild" the struts, they simply replace the airbag portion. So in theory you can receive a new airbag on a clapped out 300,000 mile strut.
So anyway I put my old Arnotts in after greasing them to make the noise that they made quiet down, packed up the RMTs and returned them a week prior to Thanksgiving. I was supposed to be refunded Wednesday the 23rd of November. I have not received the refund nor have they responded to my emails.
I was forced to contact my credit card company and file a dispute which hopefully they are able to get my funds back, cause as of now RMT has my money and the struts. I'm basically $h!t out of luck at this point.
Have a read through my messages with them and be the judge if I'm being overly demanding as a customer. This post is just to explain my interactions with this company, I'm sure others have had great experiences. Do what you will with this information.