Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > E55 AMG, E63 AMG (W210, W211, W212) > W211 AMG
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
e55amgrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Va
Posts: 2,036
Drives: Dirt Scooters
Giving a big thanks for my 10 second passes

As many of you know i'm officially down in the 10 second zone so now its time to thank the people that helped me get there. First and foremost i have to thank Ahmad (blackbenzz) for putting in the late nights with me and helping get Jerry to fly over for tuning our cars. My next big thanks goes out to Jerry from Eurocharged for the custom tune and really getting this car going. We worked down to the wire getting this car together and several 18 hour days. My next thank you goes to my friend Larry Friason that was there putting in the time with out plus working on the car thru the day when he was slow. I've also got to give a thanks to Brooke (exoticmetal55) for sending me the pulley 2nd day air to make sure it was here in time. Well i've crushed my goal of a 10 second pass at full weight and ran a 10.84@130 and the car was having horrible shifting problems so next time out im shooting for the record at full weight for a few passes then dropping the weight and going big. It also ran a 10.76@129 and a 10.78@132 on a 40 shot only spraying half way thru 2nd and letting off for the shift and a part of 3rd gear also. For the 1st time out with this setup i am happy with the results. Look out 10.59 record......
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

__________________

10.51@132 on motor 1.52 60ft

10.52@135 on spray 1.61 60ft
Tuned by Eurocharged. New build starts 11/26
e55amgrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,900
Drives: W211
Stephen
Cant wait to see you run again after the shifting issues are worked out.
__________________

05 E55: 496rwhp / 530 torque, MBH headers, Renntech 168mm, Smaller s/c pulley, EC H/E, CF Intake Tubes/Engine cover,HRE 547rs, , Euroteck CF rear diffuser, OE Tuned

06 E500 4matic
novae500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
Out Of Control!!
 
55fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 13,997
Drives: 00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Send a message via AIM to 55fanatic
Very cool man, congrats.

Can you go further into horrible shifting? Since I don't really know what the TCU tune does how will it fix it?
__________________

Carlsson Front Lip | 18" Forgestar F14 | SDS Lowering | Res Delete | SC Pulley | Tuned by BrenTuning | 485HP/612ft lbs
55fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dubai via Pennsylvania
Posts: 211
Drives: 2007 E63 AMG (Dubai), 2009 BMW X5 4.8i Sport (PA)
Congratulations!! I can't wait to get my Eurocharged tune - hopefully next week.
jayjmuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NH
Posts: 6,013
Drives: 2010 A4, 2004 E55
Quote:
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket View Post
As many of you know i'm officially down in the 10 second zone so now its time to thank the people that helped me get there. First and foremost i have to thank Ahmad (blackbenzz) for putting in the late nights with me and helping get Jerry to fly over for tuning our cars. My next big thanks goes out to Jerry from Eurocharged for the custom tune and really getting this car going. We worked down to the wire getting this car together and several 18 hour days. My next thank you goes to my friend Larry Friason that was there putting in the time with out plus working on the car thru the day when he was slow. I've also got to give a thanks to Brooke (exoticmetal55) for sending me the pulley 2nd day air to make sure it was here in time. Well i've crushed my goal of a 10 second pass at full weight and ran a 10.84@130 and the car was having horrible shifting problems so next time out im shooting for the record at full weight for a few passes then dropping the weight and going big. It also ran a 10.76@129 and a 10.78@132 on a 40 shot only spraying half way thru 2nd and letting off for the shift and a part of 3rd gear also. For the 1st time out with this setup i am happy with the results. Look out 10.59 record......

What options are on your car? 4450 is a pig.. Cant imagine what youll run when you shed some weight.. Nice runs
__________________
Eurocharged tune/ TTM scoops/ Sec. cats+ resonator delete/ Forgestar F14/ RennTech v1/ CF trunk spoiler/CF mirror cover/CF roof wrap/6000k HID headlights/ 35% tint/ E63 front bumper/ FTP Heat Exchanger/ CF Intake tubes/ Smaller S/C pulley



AKnight55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
Super Member
 
Jimshorts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NH Live Free or Die
Posts: 500
Drives: 2010 x5m 05 E55 AMG (sold)
Patmagroin868
Great times man! In for more pics of your beast.
__________________
2010 X5M: 12.2@112+EC tune only
Gone but not forgotten

11.93@116 on streets
Jimshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
SPONSOR
 
Derek@MACAutoCouture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 222
Congrats!!
__________________
Mercedes Benz Certified Collision Repair
Luxury Automotive Restyling Facility


Website: www.martinoautoconcepts.com

Email: derek@martinoautoconcepts.com


Derek@MACAutoCouture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #8
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
urbamworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,546
Drives: 05 White Pano E55, Cadillac CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnight55 View Post
What options are on your car? 4450 is a pig..
I was also trying to figure out why it is so heavy. I have keyless go, active seats, heated/ventilated seasts, pano roof, electric trunk closer, active lights, electric rear sunshade, navigation and with a spare tire in the trunk and 19" SL63 AMG wheels (think the 9.5" rear was 56lbs with tire) on a 1/4 tank of gas I was 4180lbs (me out of car) on a trash dump scale.
__________________
White Pano E55, *new setup (Yes I went backwards in power but more consistent) 480whp 497wtq *old setup 500whp 11.69@120 on 19s*

CTS-V Sedan 674whp 656wtq 10.46@136, full weight 93 octane and meth injection

-David-


<img src=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a48/Urbamworm/e55sig-1.jpg border=0 alt= />
urbamworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 993
Drives: CTS-V..A Fast one..
Amazing brother. I am happy to see one of these baby run a 10 without everything stripped and 3 ounces of fuel in the tank. How were IAT on these runs with that wagon wheel pulley?

Congrats!
__________________
2010 CTS -V
Lots of Stuff to Make it Angry!
KLR CLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #10
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
V12Godspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: South FL & NYC
Posts: 5,619
Drives: Your worst nightmare...
Congratulations on your runs! Very stout numbers.
__________________
Current:

2005 CL65-White/Cmere
Ahab is coming...

1996- 993 TT- Silver/ Lipstick red
"Last of the aircooled"

2004- Cayenne S

Previous:
04- Silver/E55 / 11.55@ 120.96
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgNFUdDMQHw

05- Black/ CL65/ 10.72 @128
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caoztJbtaZA

Speedriven tuned White/ Pano EV12
On Low Boost- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4_HrxXtSBU
Some more (On Board Cam)...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhC2QZKPI_4
Gone but never forgotten.
V12Godspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #11
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
e55amgrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Va
Posts: 2,036
Drives: Dirt Scooters
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbamworm View Post
I was also trying to figure out why it is so heavy. I have keyless go, active seats, heated/ventilated seasts, pano roof, electric trunk closer, active lights, electric rear sunshade, navigation and with a spare tire in the trunk and 19" SL63 AMG wheels (think the 9.5" rear was 56lbs with tire) on a 1/4 tank of gas I was 4180lbs (me out of car) on a trash dump scale.
The car has every option for 2004 i believe. Keyless go,pano,trunk closer,heated vented seats,blah blah blah. The car also has a 5 gallon trunk tank and i was putting 2 gallons of water and 20-24 lbs of ice in at a time. I actually took a video on the scale because i figured people would think i was lying about the weight. I couldnt even believe it weighed that much myself.
__________________

10.51@132 on motor 1.52 60ft

10.52@135 on spray 1.61 60ft
Tuned by Eurocharged. New build starts 11/26
e55amgrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #12
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
e55amgrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Va
Posts: 2,036
Drives: Dirt Scooters
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR CLS View Post
Amazing brother. I am happy to see one of these baby run a 10 without everything stripped and 3 ounces of fuel in the tank. How were IAT on these runs with that wagon wheel pulley?

Congrats!
The wagon wheel pulley IMO is too big. IAT's get crazy hot toooooooo fast. I would start a run at 35-36 degrees with 20+ pounds of ice and after checking my data i would see 150-160 degrees at the end of a run. Last time out with the 175 i think the highest i seen was 111 degrees on my 3rd back to back pull. This pulley turns it into a nuclear reactor. I think im going to step down to a 185 i believe and do some data with that.
__________________

10.51@132 on motor 1.52 60ft

10.52@135 on spray 1.61 60ft
Tuned by Eurocharged. New build starts 11/26
e55amgrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #13
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Denroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: A to the Z (the state)
Posts: 1,552
Drives: '06 E55
Can you expand on the shifting problems issue?
__________________
'06 E55
A pulley, some tubes, other stuff = 527whp @ 94 ambient.
Denroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #14
PLATINUM SPONSOR
 
shardul's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 8,165
Drives: 2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
nice times
__________________
E55
shardul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #15
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: BC
Posts: 3,556
Drives: Haters crazy
Congrats man... Flyin!
__________________
06' E55 PB 11.65@123.16mph 1.74 60'
tbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #16
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
lowprofile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,230
Drives: E55
Congrats Steve...you deserve it!

You and your crew put in a lot of wrenching the last few weeks.

I hope to be there next time and witness your next PB.

So, now that you learned to launch these cars, can see that consistent 1.5s are possible? No more silly threads implying that I'm not on a stock converter or using nitrous please, thank you.

For the record, there are only 300lbs separating our cars....but that should be enough to reach your goals. Good luck! !!
__________________

'04 E55 #1 on dragtimes.com: 2011...2012...2013(?) [retired]
lowprofile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #17
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
e55amgrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Va
Posts: 2,036
Drives: Dirt Scooters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denroll View Post
Can you expand on the shifting problems issue?
It feels like it hits the rev limiter for a half a second,kills all the power then shift and feeds the power back in. It was so bad on a few runs people thought the car had a manual trans in it and i was missing a shift. I had 3 people come over asking if i put a 6 speed in the car thats how bad it was. The only clean shifting pass was 11.08 and i think that was because i rolled on the gas and didnt go full throttle until 2nd gear and then on the 2-3 it had a little hiccup.
__________________

10.51@132 on motor 1.52 60ft

10.52@135 on spray 1.61 60ft
Tuned by Eurocharged. New build starts 11/26
e55amgrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #18
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
RedBullJnky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the golf course or race track in SoFlo
Posts: 4,381
Drives: 330 yards all day
RedBullJnky_EuroRage
Congrats!! You deserve it.
__________________


IG @redbulljnky_eurorage

Rage-Tek custom built twin turbo conversion
10.83 @128.32 w/1.64 60ft.
10.89 @129.70 w/1.74 60ft.
+2482 DA and 85 degrees w/75% humidity

ALL VIDS HERE
http://m.youtube.com/user/redbulljnky
RedBullJnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #19
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Hammer Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 3,777
Drives: 2004 E55
Quote:
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket View Post
It feels like it hits the rev limiter for a half a second,kills all the power then shift and feeds the power back in. It was so bad on a few runs people thought the car had a manual trans in it and i was missing a shift. I had 3 people come over asking if i put a 6 speed in the car thats how bad it was. The only clean shifting pass was 11.08 and i think that was because i rolled on the gas and didnt go full throttle until 2nd gear and then on the 2-3 it had a little hiccup.
is it a torque limiting issue? when was the last time you changed your trans oil?
__________________
11.701 - Stock on Drag Radials
10.88 - Modified on Drag Radials
http://i.imgur.com/smVFD.gif
Hammer Down is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #20
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,049
Drives: E55
With pano and full weight!
__________________

E55Dimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #21
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,254
Drives: '06 E55 K2
Have you done a run without the spray?
slownrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #22
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
e55amgrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Va
Posts: 2,036
Drives: Dirt Scooters
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownrusty View Post
Have you done a run without the spray?
Only 2 runs were with spray and it went 10.84 all motor and 10.76 and 10.78 on the 40 shot.
__________________

10.51@132 on motor 1.52 60ft

10.52@135 on spray 1.61 60ft
Tuned by Eurocharged. New build starts 11/26
e55amgrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #23
Out Of Control!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,420
Drives: haters crazy
Congrats Steve. Alot of hard work in that car and my body is still paying for it! I'm sure your car will be flying with the shifting issues sorted out and basement tens on the spray. Hopefully I can keep up when my car is running right lol
blackbenzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #24
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
e55amgrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Va
Posts: 2,036
Drives: Dirt Scooters
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowprofile View Post
Congrats Steve...you deserve it!

You and your crew put in a lot of wrenching the last few weeks.

I hope to be there next time and witness your next PB.

So, now that you learned to launch these cars, can see that consistent 1.5s are possible? No more silly threads implying that I'm not on a stock converter or using nitrous please, thank you.

For the record, there are only 300lbs separating our cars....but that should be enough to reach your goals. Good luck! !!
Honestly i am shocked that i cut a 1.51 60ft at this weight. I think i can drop that 200-250lbs without seats and lighter rims and skinnies and the 17lb braile should get me close atleast. Maybe our next outing we can line them up against each other. I just need to do some fine tuning and get my shifting problem fixed and it should be fun.
__________________

10.51@132 on motor 1.52 60ft

10.52@135 on spray 1.61 60ft
Tuned by Eurocharged. New build starts 11/26
e55amgrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #25
Super Member
 
Roverron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Cumberland, PA
Posts: 730
Drives: CLS AMG 55
I had or have the same shifting issue with my TCU tune. Do they have a fix?
Roverron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:04 AM
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
10, 14, 23, amg, e55, eurocharged, friason, lag, larry, mercedes, nos, oe, shift, tuning, virginia



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.
Everyone's Personal Details