Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > E55 AMG, E63 AMG (W210, W211, W212) > W211 AMG
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: AMG
berti_00
Send a message via MSN to berti_00
--car with arrow pointing up see workshop--??

so the car is running perfect no issues or anything, however while driving today in some areas the road was a bit rough bumpy and shortly after i get the car with arrow pointing up workshop... car sits perfect on all 4 coners leveled so now am confused, i did quiet a bit off searching before making this thread, and alot of people got it and turned out to be the acelameter sensor or something like that... i opened the hood and each side has one right on top of struts, held by 2 screws and connector on top....

any advice would be great

if anyone in Tampa area has Star and would be willing to help me and run my system id really appreciate it alot..
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

ECU/TCU V4 Tune (EuroCharged )|S/C Pulley|OEM 82mm TB|Belt Wrap Kit|NGK Colder Spark Plugs|Split Cooling System|EvoSport Intake Spacers|Full Custom 3" C63 Exhaust|X-pipe|Kleemann Headers|Primary-Seondary CAT-Resenator Delete|K&N Filters|Flat Bottom Wheel|Heat Exchanger|Supercharger Pump|TTM Air Scoops|Custom 4" Intake|19" Concaved Wheels|L.A.S.L Lowering Links|JL-M CF Front Lip|JL-M CF Diffuser|Carlsson CF spoiler |2013 LED Mirrors Arrow type|Euro Command|Headlight Tint|Philips Bulbs|

berti_00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
MBWorld Fanatic!

berti_00
200 views and nothing... damm this place is really dead :/

ECU/TCU V4 Tune (EuroCharged )|S/C Pulley|OEM 82mm TB|Belt Wrap Kit|NGK Colder Spark Plugs|Split Cooling System|EvoSport Intake Spacers|Full Custom 3" C63 Exhaust|X-pipe|Kleemann Headers|Primary-Seondary CAT-Resenator Delete|K&N Filters|Flat Bottom Wheel|Heat Exchanger|Supercharger Pump|TTM Air Scoops|Custom 4" Intake|19" Concaved Wheels|L.A.S.L Lowering Links|JL-M CF Front Lip|JL-M CF Diffuser|Carlsson CF spoiler |2013 LED Mirrors Arrow type|Euro Command|Headlight Tint|Philips Bulbs|

Old 04-04-2012, 01:20 AM   #3

Drives: '03 E55
I get this message sometimes. You probably have a leak somewhere...

Here is what star says

Click the image to open in full size.
.trunzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:43 AM   #4
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: slow
My car does that from time to time on crappy roads while in sport 2.

Ricer hoopty club member #2
justinwrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:34 AM   #5

Drives: E55 2004
or it could be the pump is on its way out, id worry if it happens all the time. Occasionally is fairly common i think.
2004 E55 AMG, Spec;E63 Facelift conv, AMG 19" PP alloys, Pana Roof, Keyless, Distronic, R Door blinds, Garage Door opener, Active Cornering xenons, Parking sensors, dynamic\Vented\massage seats, f\r heated seats, power trunk, rear oem monitor, Comand, DVB-TV, AMG LSD, Linguatronic, AMG Illum sills, MB Ipod\Iphone Kit, K&N`s, Renntech V2 ELM, E63 Steering wheel, CLS63 IC, SL65 Gearknob, C63 Mufflers more to come....
Alps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #6
MBWorld Fanatic!

berti_00
well it never happened before until i drove on that bumpy crappy road.... and 5 minutes later message pops up,

could it be the Acceleration Sensor

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/...nsor+2004+2005

Old 04-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #7

Drives: 2004 E55 AMG, 1989 300sel and 1985 300sd
This just happened to me recently. I had no leaks but I would get the up arrow error message if I had a lot of weight in the car. It got progressively worse until the error would show up with just me in the car. I had the dealer run the code and they said the compressor was taking too long to come up to pressure. The car was sitting fine, not low, but it just took too long for it to level out. I bought a new compressor off ebay for around $300, replaced it myself, and the problem has been gone since. Dealer wanted around $700. Hope this helps

2004 E55 AMG
1989 300SEL
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
spazmoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
MBWorld Fanatic!

berti_00
so you think its the compressor pump?

is this the part

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-OEM-...ht_3228wt_1396

Last edited by berti_00; 04-04-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #9

Drives: 2004 E55 AMG, 1989 300sel and 1985 300sd
Quote:
Originally Posted by berti_00 View Post
so you think its the compressor pump?

is this the part

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-OEM-...ht_3228wt_1396
That's what I think it is, judging by my experience. I haven't hard any problem with that sensor so I couldn't tell you about that.

2004 E55 AMG
1989 300SEL
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
spazmoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #10

Drives: E55 2004
berti, get the codes read first dude
2004 E55 AMG, Spec;E63 Facelift conv, AMG 19" PP alloys, Pana Roof, Keyless, Distronic, R Door blinds, Garage Door opener, Active Cornering xenons, Parking sensors, dynamic\Vented\massage seats, f\r heated seats, power trunk, rear oem monitor, Comand, DVB-TV, AMG LSD, Linguatronic, AMG Illum sills, MB Ipod\Iphone Kit, K&N`s, Renntech V2 ELM, E63 Steering wheel, CLS63 IC, SL65 Gearknob, C63 Mufflers more to come....
Alps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #11
MBWorld Fanatic!

berti_00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alps View Post
berti, get the codes read first dude
okay i did get the codes, my buddy ran it on a computer and it came both left and right Accelerometer Sensor

Old 04-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #12

Drives: 2003 E55 AMG
Quote:
okay i did get the codes, my buddy ran it on a computer and it came both left and right Accelerometer Sensor
Most likely all you have to do is to disconnect both Accelerometer Sensors and clean the connectors. This did it for me and no more troubles after that!
vioilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #13
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 2006 MB E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Quote:
so the car is running perfect no issues or anything, however while driving today in some areas the road was a bit rough bumpy and shortly after i get the car with arrow pointing up workshop... car sits perfect on all 4 coners leveled so now am confused, i did quiet a bit off searching before making this thread, and alot of people got it and turned out to be the acelameter sensor or something like that... i opened the hood and each side has one right on top of struts, held by 2 screws and connector on top....

any advice would be great

if anyone in Tampa area has Star and would be willing to help me and run my system id really appreciate it alot..
mine did this off an on for about 6 months and then airmatic went out

(gone)06 MB E55 - 180MM ASP Pulley| EC long tube headers, EC H/E | updated Bosch IC pump | DDM HID headlights and fogs

2001.5 Audi B5 S4 stage3+ w/meth (489 awhp)
gaspam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #14
MBWorld Fanatic!

berti_00
your pump went out??^^^^

okay so am at work now and i parked the car and the rear has dropped while it seems the front has gone up...

what in the hell is going on???

Last edited by berti_00; 04-04-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #15
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: W211
I have ps arnott strut if you need one.

05 E55: 496rwhp / 530 torque, MBH headers, Renntech 168mm, Smaller s/c pulley, EC H/E, CF Intake Tubes/Engine cover,HRE 547rs, , Euroteck CF rear diffuser, OE Tuned

06 E500 4matic
novae500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #16
MBWorld Fanatic!

berti_00
^^^ my bags are fine

it just looks like my car is having a pump going out code 5503 [recovery time during filling of central resivore is to long]
and the other two were the accelometer sensors front left and right.

Last edited by berti_00; 04-04-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #17

Drives: 2004 E55 AMG
I have had to deal with this exact same thing three times. The first two times it was the plastic air lines that were leaking at the fittings, and the third time it was the airmatic pump itself that couldn't build enough pressure. I created a thread about it a couple years ago called "Mystery airmatic warning" if you want to search it.
izzyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #18
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 2006 MB E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Quote:
your pump went out??^^^^

okay so am at work now and i parked the car and the rear has dropped while it seems the front has gone up...

what in the hell is going on???
no, my airmatic strut/bellow failed eventually and i had to get new one and it was the rear, which arnott doesnt make the cheap ones for so i had to get oem MB one... sucked big time

but from your codes, yours sounds like it could be a pump issue and will prob burnout if its constantly trying to fill up the resevior, but it also could be happening due to a leak somewhere else that is causing the pump resevior to continually deplete itself. if there is a leak somewhere within the airbag assembly then you will be in same boat i was... but if its just the compressor pump then you just have a little and much cheaper diy weekend project

(gone)06 MB E55 - 180MM ASP Pulley| EC long tube headers, EC H/E | updated Bosch IC pump | DDM HID headlights and fogs

2001.5 Audi B5 S4 stage3+ w/meth (489 awhp)

Last edited by gaspam; 04-04-2012 at 05:41 PM.
gaspam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #19
MBWorld Fanatic!

berti_00
yah bags are fine no leaks or anything detected... if It anyone has a pump DIY plz post it here so i could save a few bucks doing it my self...

thanks everyone for the help..

Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #20

Drives: 2006 E55
Send a message via MSN to nanayaw6 Send a message via Yahoo to nanayaw6
Had this same issue after I got rear-ended

Quote:
Originally Posted by vioilio View Post
Most likely all you have to do is to disconnect both Accelerometer Sensors and clean the connectors. This did it for me and no more troubles after that!
Did exactly this and its been perfect since. the car rode like it was in sport II even when in comfort. To get to the rear sensor take the rear passenger wheel off then remove the fender liner. You'll see the sensor attached to the the body. Disconnect it and blow some compressed air over it. Plug it back in as securely as possible and call it a day. The sensors are located here:

--------> Click <--------

nanayaw6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #21
MBWorld Fanatic!

berti_00
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanayaw6 View Post
Did exactly this and its been perfect since. the car rode like it was in sport II even when in comfort. To get to the rear sensor take the rear passenger wheel off then remove the fender liner. You'll see the sensor attached to the the body. Disconnect it and blow some compressed air over it. Plug it back in as securely as possible and call it a day. The sensors are located here:

--------> Click <--------
my rear one is good i only got the codes for front right and left
.. thanks for that link i now know were the rear one is..

Old 04-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #22

Drives: 2003 E500
Start with pump. Check airmatick fuse and pump’s solenoid. When not enough pressure in the system or it’s not building up as fast as system needs it too – codes will be all over the place. If friend has STAR - run pump test.
MAXHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #23
MBWorld Fanatic!

berti_00
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXHO View Post
Start with pump. Check airmatick fuse and pump’s solenoid. When not enough pressure in the system or it’s not building up as fast as system needs it too – codes will be all over the place. If friend has STAR - run pump test.
we ran it and gave me this

" code 5503 [recovery time during filling of central resivore is to long] "

were is the airmatic fuse anyways..

Last edited by berti_00; 04-04-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #24

Drives: 2003 E500
Open door all the way and you will se door on a side of the instrument panel. Have to use flat screwdriver to open it. Instructions/fuse location paper should be in there. But it's probably not a fuse - pump would come up at all if fuse bad. Check electrical connector on a pump. It may be corroded (especially if car from north) and pump from working properly. If you need pump check http://http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_MERCEDES-BENZ_Air_Suspension_Parts_yid18_pid127_gid511.htm
they have better price on e-bay, or if your mechanic orders.
MAXHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #25
MBWorld Fanatic!

berti_00
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXHO View Post
Open door all the way and you will se door on a side of the instrument panel. Have to use flat screwdriver to open it. Instructions/fuse location paper should be in there. But it's probably not a fuse - pump would come up at all if fuse bad. Check electrical connector on a pump. It may be corroded (especially if car from north) and pump from working properly. If you need pump check http://http://www.arnottindustries.com/part_MERCEDES-BENZ_Air_Suspension_Parts_yid18_pid127_gid511.htm
they have better price on e-bay, or if your mechanic orders.
i doubt its corroded it was a cali car its whole life and now in FL... that link you send me isnt working for me!!!

i am going after this so far as its the cheapest
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300652357153...ht_3228wt_1396

if you know of any place for a better price feel free to share it

Old 04-04-2012, 10:35 PM

Tags
arrow, arrows, benz, car, facing, image, kind, logo, makes, pointing, showing, upward, visit, whi, workshop