Sponsored by:

Anyone seen this Head Unit for W211s?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
no offense on the dynavin, but they are not going to build a world class gui or mmi system, this is the regular hong kong/tiawan stuff for budget minded people. kenwood just came out with the new dnn990hd, check it out, and use the opti 1
Old 05-20-2013, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M5, Jeep SRT8, MB E63
Originally Posted by Tang
Hi ,
Last year you had posted this .. Do you have any more information on the same ...

I've seen it where some people have removed cd changer and installed storage bin and door still raises. I'm going to try this

I had seen a site which were selling the storage bins to be replaces with the 6CD changer .. I cant find it anymore .. Desperately looking for them ..

Any help will be highly appreciated ..

Thank you
Best wishes
My installer had a pocket that fit perfectly where the CD Changer had been. The panel on the front with the various seat, lock, etc controls and the stock button for opening and closing unfortunately has some 2 wire (IIRC) digital output to control all those signals, so I wasn't able to retain using the stock button for open/close. The installer used a power window control module to switch the panel motor for opening and closing. There's a discreet button installed right next to the cigarette lighter in the pocket below that controls it - one press opens, 2 presses closes.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:31 AM

2011 E350 4matic
I had a pioneer avic-f90bt unit installed in my 2007 c280 4matic when if fist got the car back in 2008. Sound wise the radio is great but I want more of the stock feel so I'm taking a chance and just bought one of these units two days ago. I'm not really concerned that this is made in China, what isn't? I will report back with my findings as well as high quality video and HD Pictures as to findings. Trying to find some real information on this radio has been next to none. I did get mine from www.seicane.com and paid $811 for the radio, ATSC tuner, 10 SD card, backup camera, and UPS shipping. More to come soon.....

By the way I'm based out of NJ, USA
Old 03-05-2014, 02:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'08 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by michaelgates
I had a pioneer avic-f90bt unit installed in my 2007 c280 4matic when if fist got the car back in 2008. Sound wise the radio is great but I want more of the stock feel so I'm taking a chance and just bought one of these units two days ago. I'm not really concerned that this is made in China, what isn't? I will report back with my findings as well as high quality video and HD Pictures as to findings. Trying to find some real information on this radio has been next to none. I did get mine from www.seicane.com and paid $811 for the radio, ATSC tuner, 10 SD card, backup camera, and UPS shipping. More to come soon.....

By the way I'm based out of NJ, USA
Did you got the Android one? Definitely post about the install and features...
Old 03-06-2014, 06:27 AM

2011 E350 4matic
Yes I got the android one, I have not gotten it yet. It will probably arrive next week sometime. I ordered it on Monday at noon time (-5 UTC) and as of this writing Thursday 6AM (-5 UTC) they have not shipped my unit yet. I'm not worried as I was told when I ordered it would take a couple of days to ship and then once it shipped it would take a week for me to get it. I did pay for upgraded shipping via UPS ($86 instead of $74 for DHL) that way I could have better tracking. DHL tracking is god awful at least hear in the states. I will definitely post pictures and reviews of the install. The install won't exactly be a virgin install however since I had my Pioneer head unit installed professionally about 6 years ago. I was fine with the Pioneer unit I just wanted more of a stock look. I will keep everyone up to date.

P.S. I did chat with Alice (online rep) and she told me that my radio would ship in 2 days, over the weekend. So it took a week for them to ship it out. Just to give everyone and idea of how the order process was:

I placed my order for the radio and the ATSC tuner, as well as the back up camera and paid via paypal. But I never got a email from www.seicane.com for the receipt of the order. Thank god for paypal I had the invoice number which when I gave to the online chat person the email was promptly sent to me. I then worried because I didn't pay for the sd card so I could have the maps for my region so I again chatted with Alice and she sent me a invoice for the sd card, I paid the $10 and was told that the SD card would be added to the shipment. She then had me send her a picture of my dashboard along with the measurement (which I already had) and verified that the radio I ordered would indeed fit my car. She then told me that it would take a couple of days for them to ship it because they check everything before they ship it. (I like that) and that is where I'm at. Will have more shortly.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:02 AM

Location: Gainesville, FL: In a garage or in a bar, or a garage with a bar in it.
2005 E55, 2011 Honda Push Mower (21 inch deck bishes)
I'm still debating on doing one of these or going whole-hog with a custom Pioneer setup and dash kit from a stereo shop. This is definitely more economical if it works.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this. I assume you bought this one?
http://www.seicane.com/android-7-inc...ifi-sia-9303-1

If this works I am ALL over it.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CLS55 AMG
Look forward to hearing about the install and how well it works and sounds. I detest the Mercedes system. I cant believe such an expensive car has such crappy electronics. My 2006 Lexus had a WAAAY better system with backup camera,bluetooth,touchscreen, etc. It costs nearly 70k less than this car new. Thats ridiculous.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:33 AM

E63 AMG and ML350 4 Matic
Interested to see the outcome and report.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:21 PM
cdd

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
N/A
Will this unit (seicane one) work with Harmon Kardon? Didn't seem to reference that in the web link.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by cdd
Will this unit (seicane one) work with Harmon Kardon? Didn't seem to reference that in the web link.
directions show to remove an amp from the car....
http://www.seicane.com/android-merce...er-manual#tab3
Old 03-06-2014, 02:41 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
2011 CL63 AMG (Current) 2005 CLS55 AMG (Current) 2004 C32 AMG (Sold)
Originally Posted by Toadster

directions show to remove an amp from the car....
http://www.seicane.com/android-merce...er-manual#tab3
Ah bleak man. That means rewiring all the speakers in the car with the new deck. That's an awful lot more work now... Good spot. I would have loved to upgrade to this unit. Way better functionality and tons more features. DAMN!
Old 03-07-2014, 01:25 PM

Location: Gainesville, FL: In a garage or in a bar, or a garage with a bar in it.
I already have upgraded speakers, and amp, and signal processor installed. I'm assuming I can just hook this deck right up. I HOPE!
Old 03-07-2014, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Ok. Just so you guys know that some of these units will not work with MOST equipped cars,

that means the people who have 13 speaker setup in their cars it just wouldn't work. The ones that would work , you will notice 5% decrease in

volume output.

I've been down this route long time ago.

I read review after review and ended up going with companies well known. I bought Pioneer Avic-z140bh - I had to get Opti-1 cable to

allow my Avic to integrate with the existing system. I couldn't be happier (well I could've been but it's far better than anything else) The thing is

the Opti-1 cost me 550$ alone and Avic was another 1200-1300 but it was all worth it in the end. Oh and plus installation.

Also, Opti-1 doesn't allow FAD control (a bummer but I don't even feel the need to use it) maybe the update for Opti-1 if out now, would allow it.

So ended up paying 2300-2400 for the whole shabang or you can just spend 1600 on new headers catless and res delete and listen to that haha
Old 03-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
I can live with my old antiquated system for that much... to change. Will install an ipad and have the best of all worlds with the Aux in
Old 03-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

also why don't more people use this? Allows hands free calls, Bluetooth audio streaming, and even streams video?

http://www.dension.com/product/iPod-...ts/gateway-500
Old 03-17-2014, 09:36 PM

2011 E350 4matic
Smile

Okay so I got my radio on Friday, it took 11 days from the time I ordered it until the day that it landed on my door step. First impression, this radio is definitely a upgrade from my Pioneer avic-f90bt. Sound quality wise I haven't really heard much difference. If I had to say, this radio is louder than my pioneer which is not always a good thing, that is not to say that this radio sound bad. I just like to be able to turn the radio all the way up and still have it sound clear. I dare not do it with this radio as I don't know if the speakers can handle it. The pioneer had more controls to adjust the sound better with crossovers and sub-woofer controls. This radio from www.seicane.com (item# 108607) is no slouch and sounds very good. I do have an external amp with a 12" Kicker Solo baric. I did had a few things that I was worried about and will list them below:

1. I was worried about the boot time and the responsiveness of the radio. From the time I turn my car on until the time I hear music it might be 5 seconds if that. My Avic took much longer than that maybe 15-45 second depending on the input I was on. The responsiveness of the radio is very good.

2. I was worried that the screen would be terrible. To my surprise the screen is quite good and is no worse than the avic. It is no comparison from my super amoled screen on my Galaxy Note 3 but looks similar to my Uncle's 2013 E class Mercedes. The screen is hard to see during the brightest hours of the day but it is no worse than my avic and I would have to say it's better because the way that the screen is recessed a little bit. Then again what LCD is not hard to see in the sun?

3. I was worried the sound quality being poor. The radio sounds quite good and works better than my avic, though I would have to give the nod to the avic for having way more controls in terms of music sound adjustment department. That is not to say that the Dynavin clone sounds bad, I would have to say that it sounds very good. The radio reception is not as good as the original factory radio, but the factory radio used 2 antenna and I only have one hooked up. This Dynavin integrates with the car much better. I say this because I got back the ability to turn my car off as I'm getting fueled up and then when I'm done restart the engine without the radio turning off. (I live in NJ so we don't have to get out to get gassed up). Also The different modes that the radio are in show up on the instrument panel again just like the OEM radio. With my avic it just always said please wait.

4. I wondered how would the Bluetooth work? Well it works really really well. When people call me they don't even know that I have the audio going through the radio. With my avic the Bluetooth was unusable. The audio from my Galaxy Note 3 to the radio is flawless too. I list to alot of pod cast and audio books because I have a long commute to work. Also I subscribe to Xbox music which now I have access to a bigger library now. I have not figured out how to transfer my contacts yet but I have not really had time to play with it.

5. I did lose satellite radio but I have the SirusXM android app and I will see if I can change my plan to streaming.

6. I have not been able to get the WiFi to work yet but I'm still working on that. I'm looking into the 3g modem that I received. I will try to hookup a usb hub and report back.

7. Hooking up the reverse camera was easy. I have not mounted the camera yet as we have just got a new layer of snow and I probably won't get the time until this weekend but I have the wire in place.

8. I tried to put a 64GB MicroSD card in the radio and the unit just reset.

9. Navigation works okay although I have not tried to create a route yet

10. The android screen is not as clear as the radio side, which I believe is running Microsoft CE but the Android side is not bad. When in Android mode which is how the navigation works when you get directions from the navigation or you press buttons on the radio, it mutes the front speakers and plays the directions through the front speakers which sounds a little weird but I will see if I can change that. Also the radio keeps telling me that I'm driving over the speed limit. I will be turning that off.

11. The fit and finish of the radio is quite good and looks factory. People that have seen it don't even know that the radio is aftermarket.

I will have video coming soon via http://www.youtube.com but for now hear are some pictures:
Attached Thumbnails Anyone seen this Head Unit for W211s?-wp_20121109_001.jpg   Anyone seen this Head Unit for W211s?-20140317_181601_android.jpg   Anyone seen this Head Unit for W211s?-20140317_181653_android.jpg   Anyone seen this Head Unit for W211s?-20140317_180838_android.jpg   Anyone seen this Head Unit for W211s?-20140317_181619_android.jpg  

Anyone seen this Head Unit for W211s?-20140317_181734_android.jpg  
Old 03-18-2014, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
^^^^^
You do realize that , people here are researching a Head unit for E55 AMG /W211 AMG.

You on the other hand is writing a review on a totally different car.

Do you even have MOST integrated system ? Fiber optic in your car ? 13 speaker setup?

You also mentioned that you have a subwoofer in your car (aftermarket) -Most people here can't even do that with our existing setup cuz it costs a lot of

time and money.

All the headunits mentioned in this thread explicitly list that cars with Fiber optic cable will lose about 5% volume and you are saying otherwise which

goes to show that the difference is between Fiber optic and the one without.

Thanks for the review though but you might want to list your car- so people don't end up ordering a wrong one or build up false hopes using your review.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:02 PM

2011 E350 4matic
Your right I hadn't realized that. I have a 2007 c280 4matic, and I don't have the most system. I will start a new thread and share my experience there. Hopefully I can help someone looking for one of these head units weather that means bypassing the factory amp or using the amp built into the radio. My apologies for the confusion. I do have fiber optics running to the factory disc changer that I long removed but I guess that is not the same.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:46 AM

I appreciate the post because I guess I'm a "1 percenter" and do have a full aftermarket sub/amp/processor in my E55, so this deck would be plug and play.

Thank you for mentioning the loss of Sirius/XM. That's a factor to me.

The 64GB microSD will not work. The doco states that 32GB is the largest size card supported.

Looking forward to more info!
Old 03-19-2014, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC63s, W222 S63, W223 S580
I've been looking for a OEM style Unit. I ran into this one if anyone has any experience with it. I really like it cause it looks OEM and so does the software on the unit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281099167908...84.m1423.l2649

Last edited by aghakauve; 03-19-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:24 PM

CLS55 AMG
looks promising although it says it does not support fiber amplifiers so does that mean the sub no longer works?
Old 03-19-2014, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Quick Video I found..

http://www.cars-electronics.com/doub...r_of_uploads=0

Old 03-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Out Of Control!!

what features are you guys looking for? I am working on something with a buddy, maybe have it done within the month that will knock your socks off
Old 03-19-2014, 03:03 PM

CLS55 AMG
I want a modern gps, backup camera, bluetooth, dvd in motion and all the other goodies you'd expect in a $100k+ car. I also want an easy plug and play system that allows me to keep my sub and surround sound staging that 13 speakers gives you.

I dont see how a unit with only 4x41watts is going to power 13 speakers including a subwoofer
Old 03-19-2014, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 55fanatic
what features are you guys looking for? I am working on something with a buddy, maybe have it done within the month that will knock your socks off

Originally Posted by 1SickCLS
I want a modern gps, backup camera, bluetooth, dvd in motion and all the other goodies you'd expect in a $100k+ car. I also want an easy plug and play system that allows me to keep my sub and surround sound staging that 13 speakers gives you.

I dont see how a unit with only 4x41watts is going to power 13 speakers including a subwoofer
Pretty much what 1slickCLS said.. I really like the look of the OEM unit. What do you have in mind?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Anyone seen this Head Unit for W211s?