W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry fellas...your nightmare, my reality.... Do Not Enter....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 03:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Unhappy Sorry fellas...your nightmare, my reality.... Do Not Enter....

For those of you that know me, already know this story. For those that don't know me, here is a piece of my life. Welcome to my never ending nightmare!

5 years ago, today, my daughter pasted away. She was only 11 months old. She was my last, the baby girl.

I've posted this before, but this time I'm going to tell the whole story. This is truely the hardest thing I've ever done!

As the summer came around, we decided to reward my older kids for the wonderful job they've been doing in school. We planned out a trip to Universal in Orlando. We stayed at the HardRock and had VIP passes and hit all the parks.
We made the late decision to leave my 2 little ones with my in-laws. They have watched them before and we never had any problems. They love them as much as we do.
We left on a Friday morning. And got there in the afternoon. Checked in and went to get something to eat. We woke up the next morning and headed to the park.
We enjoyed ourselves even though we did not have our little ones with us. We assumed it would be easier to enjoy the parks if we didn't have to take turns waiting with the strollers. So myself and the wife went on every single ride we could with the big kids. We hit every park in Orlando.
We checke out of the resort and headed back to Islands of Adventure for a few more rides before we headed home. We rode the last few rides we wanted to and finally decided to head home.(4 hour drive)
About an hour and a half into the drive home, my wife noticed s couple missed calls from a number she did not recognize. We didn't think anything about it. Then her father started calling. So when the phone rang again (her fathers number) She answered....
....It was the police, and it was not good news. They knew that we were on the road so they were real brief. They simply told us that there was an accident with one of the kids and that we needed to get to the hospital quickly and safely, and then hung up.

I called my mother and told her to get to the hospital and find out what was going on. She told me that she would and that she would call me back. (at this point I was 2 hours out)
About a half hour went by and no one could be reached, no one would answer their phones. I called everyone, and got nothing. I began to fear the worst!
Finally we arrived the hospital. We were met by the police and friends and family. I kepted asking, "what's going on?", and no one would say anything. My wife was screaming, "where is she?"! NO ONE would say anything! So finally I looked at my brother and asked him "where's my daughter?" and he looked at me and told me ,"she's gone!" I hit the floor.
After about an hour, and the police made sure I wasn't going to hurt any one or myself, They let us see her body. She was gone, but atleast I got to hold her one last time. I didn't want to let her go! But she was already gone.
I have 9 infared cameras that cover every inch of my property. 3 of which cover the pool area. I watched my 2 year old work for 25 mins to get the 3 locks open on the back door. Then when i saw my 2 kids outside, my worst nightmare became my reality.
She fell in. My 2 year old tried to save her. He had been taking swimming lessons at the Rec summer program. He walked around the pool to where she was and entered the water. He dog paddled and reached for her, until he couldn't any more. He then got back to the wall and scaled it back to the stairs. He then ran to where she was again and again, he entered the water and tried to reach her. Once he realized he coould not get her, he ran inside and wrapped himself in a blanket and hid. The police found him asleep and scared. He's been in theropy since.

Since then I've had 2 more kids. My son is 4 and autistic, and my daughter is 2. And all my children have become my strenght and my reason. To be a better person and a better father.

To all you fathers out there, I really don't mean to make you feel this. But I have to let it be known. Otherwise I won't be doing my daughter any good. I lost her under one of the most preventable accidents, and most common, here in South FL.

I say to you.....
Take that extra second, minute, hour with your children. You never know when its your last. I learned the "Hard" way. You can learn from my mistake, and never take that time for granted.
If you have a pool, make sure it has a child fence around it. Otherwise you are playing roulette.

I do appologize for this! But I have to let you know. Welcome to my nightmare!

This is one of the last pics of her. It's now my sig pic.

Last edited by RedBullJnky; 07-29-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211, w221, w220, e46
Wow, I was not going to open the thread thinking it was a terrible car related issue, but it turned out to be an actual nightmare.

Sorry for your loss and I applaud you for being strong.

You are contributing to a great cause by posting this PSA as a word of warning to others.

Cherish her memory and I wish the best for your kids
Old 07-29-2013, 06:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
This was a terrible tragedy and I truly feel for you, you know that bro
Old 07-29-2013, 07:08 AM

'05 E55

Dude, I have briefly entered your nightmare through your story.
As a father of three myself, I can only imagine how you might feel.

Thanks for your wake up call to me to better love my kids. I too often get caught up in my own selfishness to remember what's really important. On my death bed, I'll not wish I had worked a little more or tinkered with my cars a few more times, or stared at this crazy idiot-tube.

Gonna take some time with them NOW before they go back to school.

My thoughts, condolences go out to you. I hope you can find some comfort during this time of remembrance.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
X5M, CLS55, GLA45, Ultra Classic, V Max, HR Navigator.
I read your heart wrenching account of the events of that night and after many tears I got on my knees and prayed for you and your family. I have endured a small part of what you went through and can not imagine the pain you live with. My first born son at the age of three was with the sitter at a community pool when unattended for just a few minutes slipped out of the float he was in and went to the bottom of the pool. He remaind there for maybe 5 minutes, long enough to stop breathing and for his heart to stop. When it was discovered he was missing the sitter started screaming and the life guard saw his form on the bottom and got him out. I received an urgent call at work from the police to please get to the local hospital right away because my son was in an accident at a local pool. It was an agonizing drive to the hospital and when I arrived it was pure hell, my son was on life support unconscious. But for the grace of a greater power he did recover, something about young children and an ability to survive a short period without oxygen to the brain. I only wish your outcome would have been as mine, I feel so bad for you it just breaks my heart. Again I am in tears, young children and water is such a dangerous combination. Please find peace, your precious daughter is looking down at you and your family every moment, live for her legacy, I will pray for you.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
A silent tip of the hat in her memory-

I remember reading your post last year and feeling for you... A little more so this time, since we've met and there's real people at the other end of the wire. The ocean of blessings you swim in will never never bring her back, or make you forget. You and your family seem like good people, I wish you the best looking forward!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
one car at a time
I am so sorry....
Old 07-29-2013, 08:50 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2002 SL55 (R129) Silver Arrow
I have nothing but tears
May God watch over your little angle for you
Old 07-29-2013, 09:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
A truly heart wrenching tale. I don't have children but imagine that losing a child is a fate far worse than the prospect one's own death itself. There's no fix for this, just the hope that the passage of time will ameliorate the pain. My thoughts are with you.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
She is looking down on your family with a smile I am sure...You made me cry at work thinking of my nephew last year and now doing it again. Got nothing love for you Elliott!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:11 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
SOLD W203..CURRENTLY DRIVING W211
Im sorry to hear this bro ,I feel for you :/ indeed this is reality life promises death we all must go thru this but as a parent this is tuff !!! Hang in their will keep you in my prayers
Old 07-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Every Time I Hear This Story It Brings Tears To My Eyes. I Know You're A Good Father And Thanks For Sharing Your Story So Others Can Prevent This From Happening. I Feel For You Bro And You Know I'm Here If You Or Your Family Need Anything. RIP.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Very sorry to hear this. All my problems seem so small all of a sudden. Be strong.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
E55, E320 CDI , CLA250, Jag XJ Supersport
So sorry for your family's loss man
Old 07-29-2013, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
3-five-five/ TUNDRA/ 07 997 cab
Once again, sorry to hear this terrible story! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 silver
So sorry....
Old 07-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
I'm truly sorry for your loss my friend. I hope it eases the pain a little bit knowing she is in a better place looking over you guys! My condolences to you and your family friend.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Sorry for your loss Elliot and May she Rest in Peace.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
May her soul rest in peace, I cannot say I kno how you feel, but God will surely give u the strength to be there for the rest of your family , Once again , My condolences for this sad loss
Old 07-29-2013, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
Sorry for your loss. I remember reading about your situation a while back and truly feel for you. Thank you for sharing your story and i hope it helps others at some point.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:42 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Sorry for your loss. As all fathers can relate and only feel grieve for your loss. When my friend lost his child he received this poem, which can only skim in what you feel and are going thru.

It must be very difficult

To be a man in grief,
Since "men don't cry"
and "men are strong"
No tears can bring relief.

To stand up to the test,
And field the calls and visitors
So she can get some rest.

They always ask if she's all right
And what she's going through.
But seldom take his hand and ask,
"My friend, but how are you?"

He hears her crying in the night
And thinks his heart will break.
He dries her tears and comforts her,
But "stays strong" for her sake.

To start each day anew.
And try to be so very brave-
He lost his baby too.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Be strong my friend. Best wishs to your family and sorry for the loss.

I have two small sons, and can not even grasp the concept of being without one.

Again, truely sorry for the loss, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
That's both terrible and frightening to hear. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and the mental anguish that your son endured.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
Sorry for your loss Elliot. Tragic story and reminder that life is a thin thread that can break any time.
You are a strong man with a great heart and with the few times that I have met you, you have recovered and she still lives with your memories.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
06 e55,81SC Targa,08 CLK63 BLK,91 E34 M5
it sad to read it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sorry fellas...your nightmare, my reality.... Do Not Enter....