Advice needed on E63 Intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E63
Advice needed on E63 Intake

Hey All;

I have a friend who is looking at a E63 in Florida and he wants to buy it and drive it back to NH.

Apparently the car has thrown a CEL on an Intake gasket leak, which appears to be pretty common here....

How bad are these leaks typically and if they are not that bad, he would like to fly to Fla, drive the car back to NH and fix it himself....

I know, he's really cheap....

When these leaks go, is it typically significant or just a bother? I'm guessing it just throws off vacuum, but I'm not sure how badly the car will run lean, if the MAF is giving one reading and the leak is providing add'l air...

Thoughts?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:22 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
CLS63S
When my intake manifold gasket leaked on my C63, it never threw a CEL, it just had a whistling sound that got loud when the motor was hot. On the dyno it didnt lean out the car (yes my car was dyno-tuning when it got worse) it actually flattened out the powerband in the higher rpms the AFR's were just fine. It almost looked just like the car was holding itself back.

I do not suggest fixing this yourself. There was a specific torquing direction and one time use bolts etc. Find an indy that has done it before, only cost me $200.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:40 PM

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
2014 E63s 1993 mazda rx7 on Boost
I bough my 07 from Fl with same issue drove to NY

and just snug all the bolts and never had to change the gasket ...65k later no problem...if he decide to do the intake fgasket change the PVC valve at the same time...
PM me if he get it have some e63 parts as my car is now in heaven ...I am looking for 212 bi turbo