W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Part 2..E55 AMG Newbie looking for input on first of many upgrades..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 09:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG, Silverado, Cadillac, GL450
Part 2..E55 AMG Newbie looking for input on first of many upgrades..

Sorry, I ran out of characters and have to start a new thread.

2) After taking the car for a ride at night I've come to the conclusion that the headlights (Active) are AWEFUL. I typically run DDM Tuning HID upgrades so the MB lights are very week. I believe the bulbs are original and I would like to upgrade them all around. The fogs and running lights are yellow, which have to go. I'm open for suggestions but I don't know if I want to upgrade the lens package.

3) The Stereo is solid but I would like to add Satellite radio if possible. I've read about people adding Satellite by adding receiver in the trunk and cutting into the fiber. I would have no problem attempting this (I understand I might not get all the channels) but I hate switching stations when a commercial comes on. I can't seem to pull up pictures from old threads. Also it's unclear on what the part numbers are. My radio has the SAT button and I understand I would need a portable antenna.

4) K&N or not? Seems like a big debate? This car is big dollars to work on and I worry about the engine issues that could arrive from using a K&N. But I typically run them in my other cars. Is the gain (or any) worth the chance on this expensive engine?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 07-28-2014, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by cabowabodude
Sorry, I ran out of characters and have to start a new thread.
Huh? These posts support a ton of characters?

Regardless, just reply to your original thread to add to what you couldn't get in the first post instead of creating a second.