W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Nitrous is NOTHING more than a novelty at best..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Charger Hellcat
Originally Posted by e55amgrocket
The only people that hate nitrous are the ones that don't use it or get beat by it.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 338 Likes on 290 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
This is what baffles me....The thought of an unfair advantage for the guy with nitrius. Really? Bottom line is if I am running NOS and I beat you than that means your car is slower and mine is faster...plain and simple. If you cry Foul because I thought of running NOS and you didnt, to bad. The bottom line is "Who gets to the end first"
Its a race. Not a "Nascar Rules" race... An anything goes race in my opinion. And again are there lots of horror nightmares about NOS...absa -f-ing -lootly. And why is that? Because those guys couldnt figure it out and follow the basic rules and there engine went bye-bye. And guess what ...I was one of those guys lifting heads , burning plugs, massive back fires and so on but I stayed on it and made insane horsepower on all my engines. Just food for thought.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W211 E55
I am personally all for it and will more than likely run a small shot in the future. I personally don't see how it is that much different than water/meth injection on the guidelines set out in this thread, other than less effective.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:03 PM

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
clk63, cls55, ml63, (w210) E55
A little ironic the OP starts this thread after I ask for help with nitrous.

That video of the jeep has been out for a while......nothing new. So out of the blue nitrous bashing.....really? Somebody cue blackbenzz. lol
Old 08-28-2014, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 338 Likes on 290 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
By all means if you have any questions do not hesitate to pm me. I am not an EXPERT but have been using it for 25 years.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:39 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
2019 GLE 63 S Coupe
This thread has fail written all over it.

Nitrous is nothing more than a power adder. Just like a turbo or a supercharger. When you decide to get out the kiddie pool worrying about a guy with a 150 shot....

Try running 2 or 3 stages of nitrous with making 600 - 800 hp extra on top of a motor making over 1100..... It takes a bit more than a guy with a bottle and some jets....

Or better yet my little 498 ci N/A deal just made 1256 on the dyno with no power adders, all motor.

My E55 with it's weak suck 500 hp to the tires is pale in comparison to anything making real power.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W211 E55
Originally Posted by SICAMG
By all means if you have any questions do not hesitate to pm me. I am not an EXPERT but have been using it for 25 years.
So you run it on your E I'm assuming?
Old 08-28-2014, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by HARTB18C1EG6
This video correct? The white STI is a quick sum*****

http://youtu.be/XZmYk2TaiYo
yeah this one lol

Thanks for posting.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:25 PM

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2014 E63S, 2018 GLC 300
Loving the red Vette though!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Nitrous is cheating plain & simple.. "DA in a bottle" Say it to yourselves quietly until it resonates..You can only turn boost up so far on turbs or puffers, swapping wastegates & pulley's is a far cry from adding 200-600 +++ etc etc whp in mere minutes w/fake extremely temporary nitrous power .. Ya you win the race & your motor pops in the process big winners

Erebus... You seem to have an inflated view of your importance I didn't know you made a similar thread until you posted here.. I have no need to further address your far superior knowledge on dynos & tuning lol... You flipped your wig in that thread, I merely posted viable facts, you lowered yourself to name calling etc if I wanted to confront you further I would've posted this barely 3 mo old video link I just found last night in your thread

Last edited by Thericker; 08-28-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:03 AM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by SICAMG
We're all ears here homie, do tell about your set up if you have one on your e55.

If we're going down this road of discounting injected performance, we should do the same with meth. Their both priced similarly, they both require tuning and life sucks when you run out juice.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Thericker
Nitrous is cheating plain & simple.. "DA in a bottle" Say it to yourselves quietly until it resonates..You can only turn boost up so far on turbs or puffers, swapping wastegates & pulley's is a far cry from adding 200-600 +++ etc etc whp in mere minutes w/fake extremely temporary nitrous power .. Ya you win the race & your motor pops in the process big winners

Erebus... You seem to have an inflated view of your importance I didn't know you made a similar thread until you posted here.. I have no need to further address your far superior knowledge on dynos & tuning lol... You flipped your wig in that thread, I merely posted viable facts, you lowered yourself to name calling etc if I wanted to confront you further I would've posted this barely 3 mo old video link I just found last night in your thread

From day one, it seems you have been a d*ck on this forum. Years of mini-man syndrome have rotted your brain, little guy. Experience? Is that what you bring to the table here?
Old 08-29-2014, 12:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
If youre going to compare nitrous to anything , it should be compared to a supercharger or a turbocharger, not alcohol. Alcohol is just more fuel that doesn't provide much in the name of power by itself.. It's power comes from the ability to run more ignition timing ceteris paribus.

Nitrous is very similar to a turbo or supercharger because it is allowing the engine to burn more oxygen/fuel per revolution than it would on it's own. I personally haven't run it on a car since I was a kid but I don't see how you could see it as cheating unless you're racing in an organization that doesn't allow it, and you conceal the kit and lie about it. On the street , almost anything goes!

It's true that you can run out of it, but you can run out of anything else as well if you're not attentive. This includes fuel, engine oil, and shut-down road

Originally Posted by boostiality
We're all ears here homie, do tell about your set up if you have one on your e55.

If we're going down this road of discounting injected performance, we should do the same with meth. Their both priced similarly, they both require tuning and life sucks when you run out juice.

Last edited by Sir-Boost-a-Lot; 08-29-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by EREBUS
From day one, it seems you have been a d*ck on this forum. Years of mini-man syndrome have rotted your brain, little guy. Experience? Is that what you bring to the table here?
Seriously I've treated you respectfully no name calling etc etc & yet here you come again begging for attention lol mini man syndrome? Sure I'm a little pincil necked geek.. Come break my jaw like you threatened to do when you were giving us all a dyno clinic in your mantard thread..

Im waiting for your pm princess
Old 08-29-2014, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot
If youre going to compare nitrous to anything , it should be compared to a supercharger or a turbocharger, not alcohol. Alcohol is just more fuel that doesn't provide much in the name of power by itself.. It's power comes from the ability to run more ignition timing ceteris paribus.

Nitrous is very similar to a turbo or supercharger because it is allowing the engine to burn more oxygen/fuel per revolution than it would on it's own. I personally haven't run it on a car since I was a kid but I don't see how you could see it as cheating unless you're racing in an organization that doesn't allow it, and you conceal the kit and lie about it. On the street , almost anything goes!

It's true that you can run out of it, but you can run out of anything else as well if you're not attentive. This includes fuel, engine oil, and shut-down road
I agree w/you.. Though the fans of nitrous here are using nitrous on top of blowers etc how is that comparable to another kat running purely supercharger boost alone.. I said it earlier, I have zero issue w/the cars competing if they BOTH ran nitrous regardless of boltons have at it
Old 08-29-2014, 01:12 AM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Sir-Boost-a-Lot

I will have to respectfully disagree with you in the comparison to blowers/turbos as these are not chemically injected into the engine.

Yes blowers/turbos/n2o all generate artificial atmosphere, however in the most fundamental way they operate you have to concede that by using n2o or meth that we're just injecting a chemical(s) into the power equation right?

Ricker: be it running out of juice or meth, you are correct in considering these two as novelty acts but personally I'd rather have the condom and not need it then to need it and not have one.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by boostiality
I will have to respectfully disagree with you in the comparison to blowers/turbos as these are not chemically injected into the engine.

Yes blowers/turbos/n2o all generate artificial atmosphere, however in the most fundamental way they operate you have to concede that by using n2o or meth that we're just injecting a chemical(s) into the power equation right?

Ricker: be it running out of juice or meth, you are correct in considering these two as novelty acts but personally I'd rather have the condom and not need it then to need it and not have one.
Touche' brutha
Old 08-29-2014, 01:25 AM

Seriously I've treated you respectfully no name calling etc etc & yet here you come again begging for attention lol mini man syndrome? Sure I'm a little pincil necked geek.. Come break my jaw like you threatened to do when you were giving us all a dyno clinic in your mantard thread..

Im waiting for your pm princess
You are one dense dumbazz. Entertaining.......but still a dumbazz. My broken jaw comment refers to no one gets hurt talking sh*t on the internet. If it was a threat, moderators would of suspended me.

Reread your "good luck on that" comment. How in the hell else could one take that? Besides, it's the INTERNET. Everybody can be a tough guy without getting a broken jaw

If anyone has time, you need to look up this dudes older posts. Sh*t is entertaining, to say the least. lol

Then again. Tons of meets/races on this forum. Would be kinda cool to put one's face with a post. No?

Last edited by EREBUS; 08-29-2014 at 01:29 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
You are one dense dumbazz. Entertaining.......but still a dumbazz. My broken jaw comment refers to no one gets hurt talking sh*t on the internet. If it was a threat, moderators would of suspended me.

If anyone has time, you need to look up this dudes older posts. Sh*t is entertaining, to say the least. lol

Then again. Tons of meets/races on this forum. Would be kinda cool to put one's face with a post. No?
Im dense woah.. Like you'll be splitting the Atom anytime soon.. Sure whenever you find yourself in So Cal pm me and put an end to fantasizing what I look like

Last edited by Thericker; 08-29-2014 at 02:07 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4

You sit around and read peoples post history?

And whats with the name-calling? Ricker was cool to you to a point. You definitely wouldn't say that type of stuff to his face why post it here?
Old 08-29-2014, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by hpV12
You sit around and read peoples post history?

And whats with the name-calling? Ricker was cool to you to a point. You definitely wouldn't say that type of stuff to his face why post it here?
Nope. Was here when he was posting it years ago, smartass.

Look, internet is full of tough guys. I hope WE ALL WILL SAY WHAT WE POST TO SOMEONE'S FACE. No?

Weren't you prada? Yes, that's right. Texas Mile thread.......
Old 08-29-2014, 02:34 AM

Im dense woah.. Like you'll be splitting the Atom anytime soon.. Sure whenever you find yourself in So Cal pm me and put an end to fantasizing what I look like
I see a great future of threads between you and I. lol
Old 08-29-2014, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

Look, internet is full of tough guys. I hope WE ALL WILL SAY WHAT WE POST TO SOMEONE'S FACE. No?

Pump your brakes Mantard you're going to have an aneurysm
Old 08-29-2014, 02:38 AM

Pump your brakes Mantard you're going to have an aneurysm
Again, you are a fine example why some mothers eat their young.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4

Wtf are you talking about.. yes I used to go by the username prada annnnnnd? Texas Mile? What?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why Nitrous is NOTHING more than a novelty at best..