Sponsored by:

E55 SDAR install, MOST ring connections made....HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 03:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG, Silverado, Cadillac, GL450
E55 SDAR install, MOST ring connections made....HELP

So I was looking to install Sirius into my 05 E55 which seemed to be going well and just when I thought I was complete.....I'm NOT....
I attached some pictures of the MOST ring after I made the connections and I'm lost at this point. I have the Sirius tuner installed with fiber optic connector plugged in, along with the Sirius Antenna. So I think that can be taken out of the mix. I've read on here that people just made the connections to the MOST ring and the Sirius tuner was recognized. It appears mine is not or I got something wrong....? When I turn on the car the radio comes on (I see the MB screen) then it starts beeping.....beeping...and then it shuts off? Kind of like it's trying to recognize what's going on but it can't. I've attached some pictures of my connections. HELP!!!
Attached Thumbnails E55 SDAR install, MOST ring connections made....HELP-sirius-6.jpg   E55 SDAR install, MOST ring connections made....HELP-sirius-5.jpg   E55 SDAR install, MOST ring connections made....HELP-sirius-4.jpg   E55 SDAR install, MOST ring connections made....HELP-sirius-3.jpg   E55 SDAR install, MOST ring connections made....HELP-sirius-2.jpg  

Old 08-31-2014, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
Did you just plug in a single fiber optic cable that was sitting there or did you actually disconnect the MOST loop and introduce it into the loop?
Old 08-31-2014, 02:06 PM

I took the 2 orange fiber optic ends from the Sirius Tuner and connected them into the Fiber ring.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
'06 E55
How much did this needlessly-complex system add to the sticker price of our cars?
Old 08-31-2014, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
05 E55 AMG, E320 CDI, Turbo E46 M3,IS300 2JZGTE,VQ35 Turbo Maxima, Mercedes 300D
Make sure you have not crossed your in and out. It's hard to tell what you did exactly. You need to make sure you are part of the loop. There is an input and output, indicated by an arrow on the connector. Unplug it and turn on your system while looking at it (don't shine into your eye though). One side should illuminate, that (if I remember correctly) is input to your your device. The other side remains dark, that is your output to the next device in the ring. Make sure those follow the arrows on your connector or you have likely hooked up incorrectly. I am not sure about NTG1 but NTG 2.5 also needs DAS coding to enable devices on the ring.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:11 PM

I'm still trying to figure out the correct Fiber loop. I backed out of the Sirius tuner for now and everything still works. So in the brain box (in trunk) my system (when normal) has the short yellow fiber optic wire (which comes from front of car) going to the box on the left (if looking from back of car) which states bluetooth. Then an orange fiber wire leaving the bluetooth box connects with a orange fiber wire (which is attached to the box on the far right) this orange fiber wire connects with the long yellow going back up front.

So my issue is connecting the 2 orange fiber wires coming from the sirius tuner. The sirius tuner has a short oranger fiber (it's only on the right side of the brain box) and a longer lead which goes almost to the left side of the brain box.

I read other post that say you should attach the 2 orange fiber wires from the sirius tuner to the yellow wires (which seem to fit) but then what do you do with the 2 orange wires coming from the bluetooth box and the other box (the one on the far right)? I would think they have to get put back in the loop? I swear I've tried every combination and nothing?
Old 02-10-2015, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 Wagon
OK, great information, but how about a 2005 E55 Wagon?
On the right side of the trunk I can find the fiber plug, and one blue/one white antenna plug. I thin I canmake the wires reach a good install location if I remove the sub and air tank (?). I picked up a Serius unit (part number A1698270162, model DL2140) that has one antenna plug. It looks like the fiber cables run under the rear trunk to the left side of the car. There is a DVD player for Nav(?) with fiber cables running to it, and a fuse box. Do I need to go digging to find the location for jumpering the MOSAT ring?
do I understand correctly that niether of the antenna cables work for Serius, I need another one to plug directly into the Sirius unit? Am I missing anything else? Thanks!