Supercharged LS2 GTO spanked by bolt on E55 *video*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 86 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Supercharged LS2 GTO spanked by bolt on E55 *video*

Even a Supercharger cant make these GTOs fast ?

We ran them from around 50. Going up a pretty steep hill. Both dropped into 2nd gear before honking off which you can hear. He started a hair behind me, but was gaining when we both hit it. Pretty even hit though. Damn GTO blower drowned out the sound of my car. although it got quieter pretty quick as he fell behind I miss that blower whine sometimes.

Sorry for crappy video. Set it to HD, full screen helps too.

See sig for mods on both cars =)

This one is funny. all my **** flies all over at the end.

Last edited by dllhg; 10-03-2014 at 03:59 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The GTO is my old car BTW. Friend didnt believe me when I told him my E55 was faster despite having owned both. His first fast car and he is a youngster at 25.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
E55, E320 CDI , CLA250, Jag XJ Supersport
What does the 55 trap?
Old 10-02-2014, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Originally Posted by dllhg
I miss that blower whine sometimes.
If you miss it, seriously consider a CAI. After watching Denroll's video, I jumped onto a used NeedsWings CAI offered here. You'll get that sweet blower whine at WOT, luckily our cars have heavy insulation so you'll barely hear it on the inside.

Here's mine after the install:
Old 10-02-2014, 11:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E55 AMG W211
is this like a 50 - 80 mph pull ?

i wanna see somthing like this bro

Old 10-03-2014, 02:44 AM

Your Mom Krazy
Originally Posted by iyad.2010
is this like a 50 - 80 mph pull ?

i wanna see somthing like this bro

Now that's a spanking!
Old 10-03-2014, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Posted in a new thread but does this make you happy ? Also I doubt the GTO in that video had a blower on it. =)

Old 10-03-2014, 04:53 AM

03 R230 SL55 / 94 W124 E500
That Easter Egg GTO had a full-bolt on mods, but a blower.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Bump for new video. Much better this time. I'd say this qualifies for "spanked" Started at about 50. I dont know if it comes across but I panned my camera around as I passed him and merged into his lane.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:31 PM

Your Mom Krazy
Bump for new video. Much better this time. I'd say this qualifies for "spanked" Started at about 50. I dont know if it comes across but I panned my camera around as I passed him and merged into his lane.

Nice kill.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi A4
Those vids suck, I'm sorry. I realize you may have been alone but thats why they make gopros. Not trying to be a dick, but you nearly lost it twice with those silly rear-view you-start-early-he-starts-late-proves-absolutely-nothing-twisties videos.

And I'm pretty sure the GTO just needs a driver mod. My brother had a LS2 GTO with minor mods on it and it was properly fast. I would imagine a blown GTO would put down more power than a W211 AMG, combine that with less weight and it should be a lethal combo..
Old 10-04-2014, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hpV12
Those vids suck, I'm sorry. I realize you may have been alone but thats why they make gopros. Not trying to be a dick, but you nearly lost it twice with those silly rear-view you-start-early-he-starts-late-proves-absolutely-nothing-twisties videos.

And I'm pretty sure the GTO just needs a driver mod. My brother had a LS2 GTO with minor mods on it and it was properly fast. I would imagine a blown GTO would put down more power than a W211 AMG, combine that with less weight and it should be a lethal combo..
Yeah you are trying to be a dick dont kid yourself Nearly lost what ? Control of car ? LOL, hardly. I go a good bit harder with both hands. If you are referring to the one video where I said s*it I said that because my stuff fell all over the place in my car nothing more. I pulled away from him like he was sitting still on those twisty roads because he spun more initially and plus my car is a lot faster on those roads. Proved plenty. I already knew what was going to happen no surprise to me.

That is my old car. It traps about 8-10 MPH less than the E55. Was an expected outcome.

Funny, you gave me more **** than anyone on the GTO forum where I posted these I assume you and I got into it before in previous thread. Only thing that explains all the hate.

Have a nice day.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Have you taken your E to the track?
Old 10-04-2014, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Hulk
Have you taken your E to the track?
Hello yes I did just once first week I had the car right after all the mods were tossed on. I didnt realize there was a burnout issue with the 05 and was unable to ever get a good burn out to heat tires. Was frustrating to say the least. I didnt know the car at all. I was putting it in sport 2 also Pretty much every thin wrong. Best I got was a 11.8 traps were 122-125. The GTO will go 11.8s very consistently traps 116-118 max. I think it had a little more in it maybe a 11.5. With current canned tune on the E55 I think it would go 11.3-11.4. I really need to get a real dyno tune on it and get one of those flashers to use race gas. I know I am leaving a lot on the table with this conservatively rich tune. Have hear anywhere from 25 up to 60 WHP from different people on here. Just havent had the time to put into the car that it deserves.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
11.8 with 125mph trap? You sure about that?
Old 10-04-2014, 10:12 PM

Audi A4
Yeah you are trying to be a dick dont kid yourself Nearly lost what ? Control of car ? LOL, hardly. I go a good bit harder with both hands. If you are referring to the one video where I said s*it I said that because my stuff fell all over the place in my car nothing more. I pulled away from him like he was sitting still on those twisty roads because he spun more initially and plus my car is a lot faster on those roads. Proved plenty. I already knew what was going to happen no surprise to me.

That is my old car. It traps about 8-10 MPH less than the E55. Was an expected outcome.

Funny, you gave me more **** than anyone on the GTO forum where I posted these I assume you and I got into it before in previous thread. Only thing that explains all the hate.

Have a nice day.
Yeah, this isn't a personal issue. I think we've exchanged a few words in the past but doubt any of them were negative. Anyways...

I just think the GTO needs a better driver. And you need a gopro.

And yeah, sudden abrupt braking followed by tire squeal and all of your belongings being hurled across your car would lend credence to a scenario where maybe you aren't so much in control, Button. That, coupled with the fact you dropped the camera for a brief period of time clearly illustrates moments of panic on your end. I'm all for hauling a$$ like the next guy, but what you did seemed plain stupid. It's not me hating it's just my opinion. Sorry?
Old 10-06-2014, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

11.8 with 125mph trap? You sure about that?

As I said I was slipping and sliding quite badly. I found one slip @ 123 MPH. I know I had one just a hair under 125 124.xx They ranged a bit. Just couldnt get the tires to grab. No burn out sport 2 = ****ting ET but doesnt affect traps a lot. A real tune and it should trap in the 127-128 range like everyone else with similar mods no?

Yeah, this isn't a personal issue. I think we've exchanged a few words in the past but doubt any of them were negative. Anyways...

I just think the GTO needs a better driver. And you need a gopro.

And yeah, sudden abrupt braking followed by tire squeal and all of your belongings being hurled across your car would lend credence to a scenario where maybe you aren't so much in control, Button. That, coupled with the fact you dropped the camera for a brief period of time clearly illustrates moments of panic on your end. I'm all for hauling a$$ like the next guy, but what you did seemed plain stupid. It's not me hating it's just my opinion. Sorry?
Ok perhaps I mixed you up with someone else, I apologize. You still came across pretty harsh. Kid is actually pretty good on that road. Last time I was in the car with him on it I felt he was going uncomfortably fast. Always different being in drivers seat of course.

As far as tires squealing and being out of control. I can assure you I was 100% in control. I edited that video to end where stuff flew over because I thought it was funny. I said "****" because my stuff flew all over not because of how the car was behaving. I was done taping at that point but tossed the camera down and continued to race which you can hear on the full one. A little tire squeal is very normal for any kind of aggressive driving. Thy squeal a lot more when I have both hands on the wheel and the car is perfectly composed. So what you see as "plain stupid" is just because you didn't really understand what was going on in the videos. I hope I helped clear that up for you.

Yeah Go pro would be cool but I am not going to bother to show a couple races.

Last edited by dllhg; 10-06-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
No just cause you have someone elses exact mods won't dictate same times or speed or else there would be a lot more 10 sec e55s
Old 10-06-2014, 10:30 PM

Audi A4
As I said I was slipping and sliding quite badly. I found one slip @ 123 MPH. I know I had one just a hair under 125 124.xx They ranged a bit. Just couldnt get the tires to grab. No burn out sport 2 = ****ting ET but doesnt affect traps a lot. A real tune and it should trap in the 127-128 range like everyone else with similar mods no?

Ok perhaps I mixed you up with someone else, I apologize. You still came across pretty harsh. Kid is actually pretty good on that road. Last time I was in the car with him on it I felt he was going uncomfortably fast. Always different being in drivers seat of course.

As far as tires squealing and being out of control. I can assure you I was 100% in control. I edited that video to end where stuff flew over because I thought it was funny. I said "****" because my stuff flew all over not because of how the car was behaving. I was done taping at that point but tossed the camera down and continued to race which you can hear on the full one. A little tire squeal is very normal for any kind of aggressive driving. Thy squeal a lot more when I have both hands on the wheel and the car is perfectly composed. So what you see as "plain stupid" is just because you didn't really understand what was going on in the videos. I hope I helped clear that up for you.

Yeah Go pro would be cool but I am not going to bother to show a couple races.
Ok, my bad on not understanding. Would hate to see a wrecked 211 thats all
Old 10-10-2014, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No just cause you have someone elses exact mods won't dictate same times or speed or else there would be a lot more 10 sec e55s

Should be able to get pretty darn close with same mods and same tuner. 99.9% of these cars will run nearly identical times at the same track at the same time with same consistent driver. Because these cars all have the same performance parts from the factory and all have the same exact tune. Anyway, my traps are pretty much inline with what others have trapped at the same track similar mods. I know I have a couple more MPH on the table with a good tune. Plus many use a race gas tune to get their PBs. Sac raceway traps read a consistent 2-3 MPH low. Used to run 2-3 MPH fast years ago so they moved the beams too far the other way You can tell what a car is capable of running judging by trap speeds.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok, my bad on not understanding. Would hate to see a wrecked 211 thats all

Thanks Yeah I dont like to drift corners like some people. That scares me.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Should be able to get pretty darn close with same mods and same tuner. 99.9% of these cars will run nearly identical times at the same track at the same time with same consistent driver. Because these cars all have the same performance parts from the factory and all have the same exact tune. Anyway, my traps are pretty much inline with what others have trapped at the same track similar mods. I know I have a couple more MPH on the table with a good tune. Plus many use a race gas tune to get their PBs. Sac raceway traps read a consistent 2-3 MPH low. Used to run 2-3 MPH fast years ago so they moved the beams too far the other way You can tell what a car is capable of running judging by trap speeds.
Ok , you have hammerdowns mods, same track he was at,let's see...
Old 10-11-2014, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ok , you have hammerdowns mods, same track he was at,let's see...

I dont really have the same exact mods as him. Also I still dont have a dyno tune. He runs a race gas tune as well. Same tune and my car would most definitely be running the same MPH. See what ? His trap speeds ? He nevers posts them because they are lower than the norm for an E55 running those times. The reason is because Sac has low 1/4 mile trap speeds. Its 1/8 miles are dead on but not the 1/4. Well known fact. Was also well known it read too high years ago. Why are you trying to stir stuff up ? I dont get it. I posted a video raping a supercharged LS2 GTO. How about a thumbs up instead of whatever it is you are doing ?

Last edited by dllhg; 10-11-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
What am I doing? First off I know hammerdown, he's a cool dude, secondly no he doesn't run a race gas tune, he went to the track added 100 oct to his tank for safety, no tune for the 100 oct, whatever you wanna think man
Old 10-12-2014, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What am I doing? First off I know hammerdown, he's a cool dude, secondly no he doesn't run a race gas tune, he went to the track added 100 oct to his tank for safety, no tune for the 100 oct, whatever you wanna think man

Yes seriously ? I mean I post about beating another car with some videos. Instead of "cool races" All you keep doing is second guessing everything for some completely unknown reason. Having owned both cars in question I I think I know what I am talking about . I just can't grasp where you are coming from with these posts.

As far as Hammerdown, cool dude he inspired me to get me E55 after watching run 10.9. He went from 11.4 to 10.9 that night. Dont think it all had to do with the 60 foot. Probably dropping DA and possibly the race gas kicking in. I know some peoples times drop the longer the race fuel is in. I thought he had a race tune so sue me. OE give you 3 tunes one of them being a race gas tune for the track. Regardless he has a custom tune from Jerry who spent some time on his car street tuning it. Not a canned tune like I ave from them which is very safe leaving lots of power on the table. I am pretty sure I will pick up a couple MPH with a proper tune. I am quite certain Hammerdowns car is faster than mine as it sits. Once I get a better tune I seriously doubt it. I doubt there would be more than a 1 MPH difference in trap. In fact on the street my car would probably be faster in most cases unless he puts ice in his rear tank.

Cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Supercharged LS2 GTO spanked by bolt on E55 *video*