Sponsored by:

REIMBURSEMENTS from MBUSA: Owner incurred fuels system repairs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 06:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
So if it was fixed at an Indy it's covered but what if it's a mechanic but not a Mercedes Indy?
I would not think that would make a diff
Old 03-31-2015, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E55
Thank you for making this a separate thread. Will try to gather all my paperwork to start this process.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
E55 and several 928s
Went in with letter, receipts for parts from ec tuning, and the previous prof of a visit to same stealer when it was leaking. Says on there fuel leak. Dropped that off, got my check about three weeks to 4 weeks later.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
6wks and nothing so far.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:03 PM

2007 E63
Last month, I took my car in for a pulley issue and the dealer said that my car was unsafe to drive and that the gas tank would have to be replaced. Three to 4 weeks for parts to come in from Germany. In 2013 I had mentioned gas smell problem to same dealer and they replaced the sending unit seal, this reduced smell in cabin but, not outside car. I reported this in the survey that comes after any service done at dealer, at the time. When I asked if I would be getting a credit for the seal, they had me go through customer service, after 3 calls explaining the logic of the credit and a chat with service manager they will reimburse me for the repair, which was $488. All Good.

It took 4 weeks to get my car back only to now have an airmactic front end issue 5 miles down the road, $3000. UGH!! Any one know if having a car sit for 4 weeks would cause this issue to suddenly appear? They did replace my engine mounts and fix some oil line issues while waiting for gas tank from Germany. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 712 Likes on 693 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
those u successfully got reimbursements, we should make a list of dealer/SA for other members in the area with same problems...

here's example...

Dealer | Location | Service Advisor
Old 04-11-2015, 04:58 PM

E55 AMG
Talked to the local Service Manager yesterday. He said if it doesn't mention fuel smell or leak you are getting denied. Says he's had work they've done at the dealership thats been denied due to it not saying one or the other.
Old 04-11-2015, 05:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS55
Received my check today. They reimbursed the total amount that I spent at the indy shop.

MB of North Palm Beach. I spoke directly with the service manager.

I no longer have my car but the service manager said because the expense was incurred while I was the owner and I have all the receipts, the warranty company would pay.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2004 e55
Hey guys just wanted to let you know They are fixing my gas tank which has a crack on the top hump. They might swap out the fuel sending units as well but I'm not totally sure if they diagnosed that was a problem also which that might be leaking too but I'm not sure. I made sure to fill up my tank before I went so they can smell the gas

- I went to Mercedes in Coral Gables, located in Miami FL
- Spoke to ALDO
- They gave me a Jetta as a rental which sucks but its fully paid by them
- My car is a 2004
- They are paying for everything
Old 04-15-2015, 11:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 E55, GMC Whipple Supercharged Quadrasteer Denali Pickup,Big Bored Hyabusa with nitrous
Originally Posted by miamiE55
Hey guys just wanted to let you know They are fixing my gas tank which has a crack on the top hump. They might swap out the fuel sending units as well but I'm not totally sure if they diagnosed that was a problem also which that might be leaking too but I'm not sure. I made sure to fill up my tank before I went so they can smell the gas

- I went to Mercedes in Coral Gables, located in Miami FL
- Spoke to ALDO
- They gave me a Jetta as a rental which sucks but its fully paid by them
- My car is a 2004
- They are paying for everything
They most likely will do the tank , sending units and pumps just because MBUSA will cover it all . That's what they did on mine and it moly needed a tank . The sending units and pumps were fine. The car only had 40k miles on it . They usually replace anything they can get paid to do , doesn't really matter if it needs replacing or not. In this case that's great for us . Whenever warranty is paying they can replace parts that don't need it all they want. lol
Old 04-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
Dealer | Location | Service Advisor
North Palm Beach | North Palm Beach | N/A
Old 04-20-2015, 04:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 M Roadster, 2005 E55 AMG Estate
Mine was fixed at an Indy dealer. Full tank replacement. Nearly $3k in expense.

Covered in full. Only catch was the original order HAD to say the symptom was a fuel smell (so they claimed). Luckily mine did.

All I needed was a the repair order, and proof of payment (i used a credit card statement that showed the exact same $ amount charged as the repair order).

They mailed me a check 3 weeks later. Pretty smooth.

This was MB in Chandler, AZ
Old 04-20-2015, 05:07 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 E63s, 2004 E55 AMG
Got my reimbursement

Good news for me.... I got a reimbursement check in the mail from Mercedes a few days ago. I went through my dealer and they handled the claim with corporate. I changed the part myself Feb-2014. It was purchased from RockAuto. So there's hope for people who did not have this done at the dealer, as I explained to them that I did the work and of course presented them with the receipt from RockAuto which was of course not a dealer part. (Airnox or something like that, I forget) Not sure if it matters or not but my car did have a history of fuel sender problems and leaks/smell, which the dealer dealt with a few years ago. They ended up changing the sender and changed the seals on the pump back then. The pump ended up leaking a year or so later so I just took care of it to save some cash.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
February 19th I dropped off my paperwork with pictures, a work order that stated "fuel smell" and my receipt and heard nothing. I figured it would take about 60 days, so I put it on the calendar that if I didn't hear anything by today, i'd call em. Called today and they claim to have no record of receiving anything, and that their service manager vaguely remembered seeing something about this before but he wasn't sure. Basically "lost" it. I was pretty pissed but emailed a copy of everything I originally submitted. They said they'd call me back after "doing some digging". He (the service rep) was pretty non-chalant about it, which was infuriating.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:08 AM

2005 E55, GMC Whipple Supercharged Quadrasteer Denali Pickup,Big Bored Hyabusa with nitrous
Originally Posted by ryback
February 19th I dropped off my paperwork with pictures, a work order that stated "fuel smell" and my receipt and heard nothing. I figured it would take about 60 days, so I put it on the calendar that if I didn't hear anything by today, i'd call em. Called today and they claim to have no record of receiving anything, and that their service manager vaguely remembered seeing something about this before but he wasn't sure. Basically "lost" it. I was pretty pissed but emailed a copy of everything I originally submitted. They said they'd call me back after "doing some digging". He (the service rep) was pretty non-chalant about it, which was infuriating.
Your dealing with a crappy dealership. I had my check in less than two weeks. Tell the your going to call MBUSA to ask if they can help you. Once you tell the service manager that he will most likely put more effort into assisting you.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

bone stock E55 AMG
after revising paperwork, got reimbursement check from MB of Long Beach in 2 weeks...
Old 05-21-2015, 05:10 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Boosted-AMG
Your dealing with a crappy dealership. I had my check in less than two weeks. Tell the your going to call MBUSA to ask if they can help you. Once you tell the service manager that he will most likely put more effort into assisting you.
Update: Called Mercedes of Beaverton (OR) again today, as it has been just over a month since I resent all my paperwork. I was relayed status from the service manager that the reimbursement was "in process" with no ETA. Should I contact MBUSA?
Old 05-21-2015, 09:27 PM

Absolutely . Your check will be from your dealership. So, once MBUSA approves it ( which takes no time once they actually submit it) then the dealership will cut you a check. They are just slacking or screwing you around . Making the call should help get them going.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:51 PM

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Boosted-AMG
Absolutely . Your check will be from your dealership. So, once MBUSA approves it ( which takes no time once they actually submit it) then the dealership will cut you a check. They are just slacking or screwing you around . Making the call should help get them going.
Thanks for the advice. Called MBUSA today and was relayed that the dealer didn't submit the "claim" until 5/1 (11 or so days after I gave them another copy of the paperwork). MBUSA said it will be any day now.

Although the parts guy, Collan, is amazing, I don't think I will taking my car in there anymore.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
This sucks for Canadians. I think i'll give it shot calling MBUSA. Albeit- my tank and unit have been fine so far *knock on wood* I have one replacement done since ownership of fuel sender unit.

My dealership said -we have no records in our system that such WARRANTY HAS BEEN EXTENDED booo

They also said that sometimes USA things don't trickle down here.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
He's right. This was a settlement with mbusa not mb Canada. You guys will have to put pressure on your highway safety institute to do an investigation like was done here for a few years.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Hulk
He's right. This was a settlement with mbusa not mb Canada. You guys will have to put pressure on your highway safety institute to do an investigation like was done here for a few years.
lolol yeah like that would ever happen. I wonder if I put some pressure on MBusa lol
Old 05-26-2015, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Mbusa would laugh harder at you than mbcanada lol
Old 05-29-2015, 08:59 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
After 9 weeks, I finally got my car back this morning.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
E55 and several 928s
Did you have a loaner for 9 weeks?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: REIMBURSEMENTS from MBUSA: Owner incurred fuels system repairs