Sponsored by:

FTP Engine bay I/C tank

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG 2003
FTP Engine bay I/C tank

I'm planning to buy FTP Engine bay I/C tank, did anyone tried this HE before, please I need your opinions and advices …..

Also I want to understand the difference between the Split Cooling Kit and the Engine Bay I/C tank, and if I buy the engine bay tank do I need the split cooling kit or the engine bay tank can do the same work?
Old 02-02-2015, 08:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2011 Cadillac CTS-V
I have the FTP engine bay tank you use it to split the cooling, works great for me so far but I wish I had went with the trunk tank for more capacity but no issues here, my killer chiller does most of my cooling around town. my advice would be If you got the extra cash get a trunk tank..
Old 02-02-2015, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG 2003
Originally Posted by 03svtkiller
I have the FTP engine bay tank you use it to split the cooling, works great for me so far but I wish I had went with the trunk tank for more capacity but no issues here, my killer chiller does most of my cooling around town. my advice would be If you got the extra cash get a trunk tank..
Many thanks for your advice, actually I’m not looking to go for killer chiller so is it worth to have engine bay or trunk tank only to split the S/C coolant? And if I use the tank is one pump is enough to circulate the water or have to upgrade to dual pump?
Old 02-02-2015, 10:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2011 Cadillac CTS-V
Originally Posted by ahmadnt
Many thanks for your advice, actually I’m not looking to go for killer chiller so is it worth to have engine bay or trunk tank only to split the S/C coolant? And if I use the tank is one pump is enough to circulate the water or have to upgrade to dual pump?
I would do a trunk tank and be done with it, since it comes with pump inside the tank. I haven't done dual pumps since my killer chiller makes up for it if I ever down the road make changes it will deff be swapping out for a trunk tank instead of the engine bay tank..