Sponsored by:

Questions about transmission flush

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 08:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
W211 E55 AMG
Questions about transmission flush

okay so I have been doing research for about a week now and I have gathered quite a bit of information I have read the service manual on how to do the transmission flush as well as a DIY from Benzworld now I am wondering if anybody has any alternative methods to drain the trans fluid, this DIY http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211...h-722-6-a.html says I need some sort of bolt to go to the bango bolt...why? What other ways have people done this in the past? I just wanna get this flush/conductor plate replacement finished and I can't find that bolt anywhere locally....

Im surprised nobody here hasn't posted a DIY for the flush, unless I just overlooked it. I found a "drain and refill" diy but that's not an entire flush....
Old 03-27-2015, 10:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 MERC E55
its involved man....

when i did my flush, i disconnected the tranny line coming back to the transmission from the tranny cooler. after doing the usual drain, button everything back up and refill. then disconnect that line and with a jug, mark off where 3 quarts of tranny fluid would be and crank up the car (wife would be helpful here) and allow the fluid from cooler to fill up to that mark, shut car off and refill 3 quarts of new fluid into transmission and do this 3 more times or until you notice that the fluid coming into the jug is as clean as you are pouring into the transmission via the transmission dipstick pipe. like i said, its messy and involved. but you are sure to get all the old fluid out this way. good luck!