Sponsored by:

New Car Blues.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG, Toyota Corolla
New Car Blues.....

Ok, can someone shed some light for me what may be my problem? I’ve had a bit of a look on the forum and haven’t really been able to find anything that stands out as to a related problem.
So, I’ve just picked up my new second hand E55 (Import from Japan with 75,000km. Just gone through compliance etc after being on a ship for three weeks). About 4 hours into my seven hour drive home the car started jerking and losing power as I was overtaking a campervan. I thought ‘that was weird’. Car continued ok in the cruise till I was accelerating out of a small town when it started to jerk, lose power again. I started to slow down and it completely died before stopping. All sorts of lights etc popped up all over the place. Gave it 5 minutes started it ok and heading back to the town for a diagnostics run. Nothing came up except for some back left abs wheel spin thingy.
Continued on for the rest of the drive. It happened again about 3 or 4 times in short succession then nothing for hours. Just at the end of the drive it died again. Short break off again….
However, anytime the accelerator is put to the floor the car loses all power and will not accelerate. It only seems to work with gentle applications….. If I wanted a Toyota Corolla I would have brought one!