Need some help with installing Sirius Module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55

Hey guys.

So my car is a 2006, it is prewired. I purchased a module on eBay, it plugged in fine. I was able to get the MOST connectors all set. When I click the SAT button now it gives me the ESN and says not subscribed.

The problem I'm having is with the antenna. I'm not sure what I need. The module that I have has a single antenna connector like this below:

I've done lots of reading online and see that some people use a Sirius Micro dot antenna and place it on the rear shelf?

The only antenna I was able to find at my Best Buy looks like this:

The plug feels like it almost fits in, but it never gets reception, so I don't think I have the right antenna? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 07-27-2015, 01:39 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
FWIW I have a brand new factory antenna painted black I want to sell which will plug right in
Old 07-28-2015, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none

If you look up my original post I bought that same antenna when I installed mine
You have to modify the connection as the Mercedes input is proprietary so people don't attempt what you're planning to do

You can also take a Mercedes antenna connector and splice it to that best buy one

When connected you should be able to get the Sirius Preview Channel
I did not need the STAR interface to see my channel display in the dash and was able to tune with steering wheel controls
Old 07-28-2015, 09:32 AM

CLS55
Originally Posted by moosejaw
If you look up my original post I bought that same antenna when I installed mine
You have to modify the connection as the Mercedes input is proprietary so people don't attempt what you're planning to do

You can also take a Mercedes antenna connector and splice it to that best buy one

When connected you should be able to get the Sirius Preview Channel
I did not need the STAR interface to see my channel display in the dash and was able to tune with steering wheel controls
Yeah, I was trying to figure out how exactly to modify it. It looks like the blue square type plug can be removed revealing the circle plug that the antenna will plug in to, but I don't get any results when I tried that.

How did you modify yours?

I ordered this antenna on eBay which has a plug I think would work, but at this point I'm really not sure

Old 07-28-2015, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
It was the picture above i used. The first one you cant modify.
I had to dremel a little notch in the female connection

At least your 2006 was prewired. A lot were not.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:08 AM

CLS55
Sounds good. Hopefully I can get this one working, it should be delivered on Thursday.

And yeah I was happy to see I was prewired. The fiber cables in the MOST ring turned out to be pretty easy to get to and adjust as needed.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:52 PM

CLS55
Originally Posted by OCKlasse
FWIW I have a brand new factory antenna painted black I want to sell which will plug right in
How much are you looking for? Any pictures of it? How long is the wire?
Old 07-31-2015, 01:30 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
Originally Posted by AMG_Guy
How much are you looking for? Any pictures of it? How long is the wire?
I'd take $110 shipped for it. It's made to plug in to a prewired car, so there is no wire per se.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:41 AM

CLS55
UPDATE!

This keeps getting more and more frustrating. The new antenna that I bought wouldn't work when I plugged it in, I still got nothing, just unsubscribed.

So, I bought another sirius module to give that a try. I plugged in the new module, connected the antenna (plugged right in) and AMAZING! It worked. Without even calling to activate I had all the channels, it was great. So easy!

However, the next time I got in the car, I'm back to unsubscribed messaged, but still have the background music playing which is the 184 preview channel. I called Sirius to activate it on my plan. They added it, sent signals, still nothing. Was on the phone with them for over an hour until I gave up.

What could it be now? It's so frustrating because it was working fine!!