W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Clamps for LT's -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 12:19 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Jetta TDI [Daily] , Audi A8L [Sold], '12 STI [Sold], '06 E55 [Sold], '05 S500, '15 GLA250

Hey All,

Just got back from a 3 week vacation and let my father enjoy the car while I was away. Unfortunately whenver I get back from vacation's where I let him drive my car's, there's almost always something waiting for me when I get back. It happend with my A8, it happend with my STI... and now my E.

As soon as I start it up for the first time, I hear a very obvious exhaust leak coming from under the driver's seat area.

A quick google turned up a bunch of potential cracks in/above the cat's as a common source.

Long story short, I got the car up on a lift and it's leaking from a very rusted clamp on the driver's side where the end of my MBH LT's join into the rest of the exhaust. The clamp is stamped 69.9mm.

Since I was in there I checked the remainder of them and one other clamp had a veeeery slight leak as well.

I might as well change all 4 of them out, so what are you guys using? Any ole' AutoZone band clamp, or anything more "heavy duty"?

Are they all 70mm throughout?

Last edited by mkiv_tdi; 09-01-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Mercedes

Have you contacted MBH?