Sponsored by:

Boot Locked, Batt Dead, No Key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, Mazda CX9
Boot Locked, Batt Dead, No Key

I was working on the E55, charging the battery so it's disconnected, the boot got closed, grabbed the keys only to find out they dont fit or work, in either the drivers door or boot......

How can I get power to the car through the engine bay, I have access to the inside of the car and bonnet? I noticed a large positive wire in the fuse box can I put power through that without messing up the electrics.

Finding out your keys never worked is what Sunday's are for

Thanks,
Old 09-06-2015, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...d-battery.html
Old 09-06-2015, 03:34 AM

E55, Mazda CX9
Thanks for the link, I did search...honest governor , I cant find the red wire under the passengers carpet so ideally I'll go through the bonnet connection. Not sure what the SAM is, in the fuse box there's a larger red connection.

Would this be the correct connection to use without causing any harm?

Thanks
Old 09-06-2015, 07:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
Are you sure your key doesn't work? It's a little tricky and you need to "balance" the key turn and the lever pull to get it to open. I had this issue last year and I was convinced my key doesn't work but people here assured me it does and with some playing around I opened the trunk and now I can open the trunk with key easily. It's alot easier than hooking up power and possibly damaging the SAM or worse, the whole electrical system.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 E63AMG
This^^^^^I just had this issue when i replaced my voltage regulator, was not thinking and closed the trunk/boot. You have to keep squeezing the handle and turning the key in the trunk and it will eventually open....much easier than digging into wiring bundles...GL
Old 09-06-2015, 04:47 PM

E55, Mazda CX9
Neither the driver lock or the boot lock worked, tried a few times after WD40.

Ok, I'm going to grab a chair and more WD40 and do some extreme fiddling. Pactience is not one of my virtues.

See if that works.

Originally Posted by verminator
This^^^^^I just had this issue when i replaced my voltage regulator, was not thinking and closed the trunk/boot. You have to keep squeezing the handle and turning the key in the trunk and it will eventually open....much easier than digging into wiring bundles...GL
Old 09-06-2015, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
You don't need WD40, trust me if the key is for that car and that lock, TRUST ME, it WILL open. You have to pull the latch while turning the key. You gotta find that balance, like a clutch pedal in a way. By the way try doing this in both direction with the key. It's anti-clockwise I think.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:13 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E55K AMG
Originally Posted by NSWEuroCharged
Thanks for the link, I did search...honest governor , I cant find the red wire under the passengers carpet so ideally I'll go through the bonnet connection. Not sure what the SAM is, in the fuse box there's a larger red connection.

its not a red wire on the passenger side its the single large black one into the control unit.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:38 PM

E55, Mazda CX9
I was able to open the boot by connecting to the point pictured above, no issues noticed afterwards.

Thanks
Old 09-07-2015, 03:15 PM

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
2004 W211 E55 AMG >>gone but not forgotten > W123 280E > W124 E280 > W126 380SE
Originally Posted by NSWEuroCharged

Would this be the correct connection to use without causing any harm?

Thanks
Forget about SAM's or fuse boxes. If you read all of that thread you will find out that the wiring is different for our RHD cars and the ONLY way into the trunk/boot is via the connections under the windscreen cowl. I tried everything possible - trust me on this - I've been through it more than once!

In fact had to do it again about 2 weeks ago at the mechanics. He had inadvertently closed the trunk with parts in there before removing the motor and everything from the front. Thankfully I was needing parts before he was, so was able to show him how to get in. Took us about 10 minutes. While he connected the portable battery pack to an earth location and the positive to the charge point under the cowl, with the ignition on I simply clicked the trunk release switch till it flicked open.

Originally Posted by e500slr
You don't need WD40, trust me if the key is for that car and that lock, TRUST ME, it WILL open. You have to pull the latch while turning the key. You gotta find that balance, like a clutch pedal in a way. By the way try doing this in both direction with the key. It's anti-clockwise I think.
Forget it Sammy it ain't ever gonna work like that. Not 100% certain why - I think maybe if she goes flat while locked then you're up for this ordeal.

Last edited by TheTherapist; 09-07-2015 at 03:31 PM.