W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is there no info on Weistec power packages?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2015, 12:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 AMG
Why is there no info on Weistec power packages?

Maybe my forum search game is just weak, but I can't find any specific info on weistec power packages.

Specifically I want to know if the majority of customers were happy with it, what the power increases were, if it's really worth the extra money, and if so why?

It's tempting because they are very close to me and I woukd love the peace of mind of having it installed by the designer. Unfortunately I can't seem to reconcile the extra price...

Stage 2 from eurocharged is $1000 cheaper and comes with headers, Other than the couple "eurocharged nightmare" threads nagging at the back of my mind, I'm having a hard time justifying going with weistec just so they can install it.

Any help? Also is it even wise to increase boost in an '05 with 100k miles? Maybe I should just leave it stock...
Old 09-08-2015, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,490 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
There hasn't been much posted about the Weistec (supercharger) that I remember other than 1 car blew up, and the IAT's are higher than normal. There are some threads on their newest crank pulley though.

To help your search, click on the search tab, then "advanced search" and opt for "titles" only.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:39 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
There hasn't been much posted about the Weistec (supercharger) that I remember other than 1 car blew up, and the IAT's are higher than normal. There are some threads on their newest crank pulley though.

To help your search, click on the search tab, then "advanced search" and opt for "titles" only.
Sorry I probably should have specified this was for an E55 not an E63. Stage 2 is a pulley, tune, ans some cooling
Old 09-08-2015, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,490 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by dark mod
Sorry I probably should have specified this was for an E55 not an E63. Stage 2 is a pulley, tune, ans some cooling
Weistec makes an aftermarket supercharger for the 55 !
Old 09-08-2015, 07:40 PM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
Weistec makes an aftermarket supercharger for the 55 !
Yes I inderstand but that's not what I'm referring to in my question. In fact when I search for info on their stage 2 upgrade the only thing I find are people who bought the 3.0 supercharger upgrade.

I just want a pulley and a tune, not a whole new supercharger. Just trying to find out some info if anyone has it