Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Light Turning On Randomly Out of Nowhere

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
E55 AMG (SOLD), EvoSport CLK (SOLD), 2013 GsxR 750 (SOLD)
Arrow Interior Light Turning On Randomly Out of Nowhere

This is kind of a weird question, but has anyone experienced their interior light turn-on out of nowhere?

Here's a little background and the situation...

I rarely drive my car. Maybe once a week or sometimes once every other week. I bought a beater as my daily driver.

After not using my car for about 4 days, it's been sitting outside... parked... untouched... locked.

I came home around 8pm last night. As usual, I glanced at my car to see if all was good. And everything seemed normal. Half an hour later, I happened to glance outside my window and noticed that my interior light was on. Specifically, the "reading light" underneath the rear view mirror.

I went outside to the car and thought to myself... "did I not see that earlier when I came home? Maybe it's been on all this time when I put up the sunshade 4 days ago. Perhaps I accidentally pressed something." As i walked to the car, i unlocked it with the remote, then the light turned off. I took a look inside, and everything was off... the way it should be. The way it always is.

Then tonight, the same exact thing happened. I don't really know what would cause the light to turn-on at a random moment on its own. No one touches the car but me.

I thought I'd ask in case someone happens to know what may have caused this to happen.

Main battery is a couple months old (OEM), fuses seem good.