W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fixed a few things, now a few new things have made themselves present.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E500
Fixed a few things, now a few new things have made themselves present.

So I replaced a few sensors(map, maf) and a trans mount, a carrier bearing and housing, as well as put some bump in the trunk. still a few problems are concerning me.

First off, after i put said new sensors into the vehicle, I've been driving it on and off for about the past week or so. And until recently(not considering the other problems I mentioned) the check engine light came on for an 02 sensor. Completely came out of nowhere. I had actually managed to keep the cel light off for quite some time and was happy about it. I really dont have the slightest clue as to where it came from or how it could have happened. Any idea? For the record, when I was redoing the carrier bearing. Upon dropping the exhaust, I did notice the connections had been coated in oil. Assuming that is a rear main seal?

The SECOND issue, is, replacement of the trans mount. car rides WAY better than before. Almost like a night and day difference. But there is still a vibration present. Could it be the motor mounts possibly?

and last but not least, I recently read that getting the front wheel bearings is a free repair offered at any MB dealership, is this correct? If not, what is too tight, and what is too loose?
Old 10-10-2015, 06:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E55
Can't help with the first portion of questions but the bearing procedures I use are to tighten to seat the bearing then back off a quarter turn and pin. Never had issues doing it this way.
Old 10-11-2015, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E500
cool. ill have to look into that, should i just go ahead and just repack them while im already in that area?
Old 10-12-2015, 08:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E55
Wouldn't hurt!