Sponsored by:

ATA Door Lock Beep

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 03:46 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
2004 E55
ATA Door Lock Beep

So I got my DAS last week and have been poking around my car.
For some reason my ATA setting is set to Japan (I heard Japanese settings have some interesting set points for stuff) So I tried to change it to USA with buzzer, with just ignition on, it said it couldn't be saved or something of that nature. tried to do the same thing with engine running, and it told me the same things. You guys know what I am doing wrong?

And another question, when it scans a SAM or something and tells me there is a newer configuration for it, is it ok to update it with what is in the offline system?

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 02-08-2016, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
2009 E550 2000 Honda civic mash n' go
Originally Posted by thtguy
So I got my DAS last week and have been poking around my car.
For some reason my ATA setting is set to Japan (I heard Japanese settings have some interesting set points for stuff) So I tried to change it to USA with buzzer, with just ignition on, it said it couldn't be saved or something of that nature. tried to do the same thing with engine running, and it told me the same things. You guys know what I am doing wrong?

And another question, when it scans a SAM or something and tells me there is a newer configuration for it, is it ok to update it with what is in the offline system?

Thanks,

Jeff
You may need to re-code your rear SAM to change the location of the buzzer, if coding that 1 thing individually doesn't work try doing initial startup and go from there.
And i mean, it's your car. Update at your own risk. My theory is, if its electrical and it is working fine, don't tamper with it. But it's your car so do as you please.