Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true market value of 2001 e55 amg

Old 06-07-2004, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S4
true market value of 2001 e55 amg

What is, and/or how would I determine the true market value of a 2001 e55 amg. silver/black all options, excellent condition inside/out, remainder of starmark warr. and 56K miles.
kbb says private party is 36,400 and trade in is 31,600

With the high mileage and in this "soft" market, what is a fair price?? TIA
Old 06-07-2004, 04:32 PM

only amg
tmv e-55

IF YOU HAD TO TURN THAT CAR INTO CASH TODAY YOU COULD TAKE IT THE AUCTION AND GET 31500 FOR IT, NO CONSIDERATION FOR THE STARMARK WARRANTY, IF YOU ARE BUYING THE CAR WITH STARMARK WARRANTY INCLUDED, WITH 3 YEARS OF ADDITIONAL STARMARK, 35000 WOULD BE WHOLESALE.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Re: tmv e-55

Originally posted by tntmcj
IF YOU ARE BUYING THE CAR WITH STARMARK WARRANTY INCLUDED, WITH 3 YEARS OF ADDITIONAL STARMARK, 35000 WOULD BE WHOLESALE.
can you please elaborate?? How did you get this number??
Old 06-07-2004, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
just checked out car

I just checked the car out, it turned out to be a 2000 model with 57000 miles in excellent condition. Starmark covers 3 years/100K miles. Fair price??!! Seller won't go under $36K. What do you all tihnk, should I pull the trigger on this one?? It is very clean (literally like new) and has literally every option. TIA
Old 06-07-2004, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,001 Likes on 808 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Yep, go for it! Youuuu can dooo eeettt!
Old 06-08-2004, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
thanks,

210 e55 owners, please comment as well, I appreciate your input on this. Seriously considering this car. Is there anything the starmark DOESN'T cover that I need to be worried about in a relatively high mileage car? The car definately LOOKS straight, but you honestly never know whats going on under the skin, so I would definately be getting it inspected all around by an MB dealer. Thanks guys
Old 06-08-2004, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally posted by moa4r
thanks,

210 e55 owners, please comment as well, I appreciate your input on this. Seriously considering this car.
I think you can do better if you are patient. The market is soft, reducing price but not availability. Watch ebay, it's a market by itself.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
^^ He is probably right. But not everyone is as patient as we like.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally posted by DFW01E55
I think you can do better if you are patient. The market is soft, reducing price but not availability. Watch ebay, it's a market by itself.
true, I have been watching ebay, and it seems, you can do better on a higher mileage, not so clean car; for some reason, I haven't had luck getting sellers with clean low mileage cars to go lower than the high 30's, if that. Also, for me, the 3 year starmark warranty is what really makes the car worth it. I am being patient bcs I really didn't want to spend that much $$ on a car right now, but I do have a soft spot for the 210 e55s and this one is fully loaded. I think $36 is a bit high as well, but...

Also, anyone who recently bought a used e55, please comment. thanks!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz

IF YOU HAD TO TURN THAT CAR INTO CASH TODAY YOU COULD TAKE IT THE AUCTION AND GET 31500 FOR IT, NO CONSIDERATION FOR THE STARMARK WARRANTY, IF YOU ARE BUYING THE CAR WITH STARMARK WARRANTY INCLUDED, WITH 3 YEARS OF ADDITIONAL STARMARK, 35000 WOULD BE WHOLESALE.
THese figures are very high given what the kbb sight says 31,600 for trade in value. NO car sells for private party retail for that is some inflated figure. Cars sell for wholesale and often less than that. If a dealership buys your car the starmark warranty is worthless for it automatically is voided out when a dealership purchases the car. For a private party sale the Starmark warranty should be worth about 1k but more than likely it will just make selling the car easier instead of increasing its value.

If the Kbb sight says 31,600 for trade in a dealership will give you about 29k for the car and try to get 33-34k for it after buying the car new tires, brakes and putting a new starmark warranty on the car (that costs about 1k alone).

Selling a used car is never fun. I have done this many times and I never get the price I think MY car is worth Best of luck!
Old 06-08-2004, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Re: Re: tmv e-55

Originally posted by CynCarvin32
THese figures are very high given what the kbb sight says 31,600 for trade in value. NO car sells for private party retail for that is some inflated figure. Cars sell for wholesale and often less than that. If a dealership buys your car the starmark warranty is worthless for it automatically is voided out when a dealership purchases the car. For a private party sale the Starmark warranty should be worth about 1k but more than likely it will just make selling the car easier instead of increasing its value.

If the Kbb sight says 31,600 for trade in a dealership will give you about 29k for the car and try to get 33-34k for it after buying the car new tires, brakes and putting a new starmark warranty on the car (that costs about 1k alone).

Selling a used car is never fun. I have done this many times and I never get the price I think MY car is worth Best of luck!
I came in thinking the situation is like this, however, the seller tells me his dealer offered him 35.5 for the car when he went in to order his 645, and he is hoping they will honor that when hiscar is delivered. He also does not need to get rid of the car until that time. He is also going by NADA values, which are higher than kbb values by a few thousand and is claiming the starmark warranty is worth 2K... For me, the more I think about it, it would only be an OK deal for 36K, and I would't do it for more than 33-34, which doesn't seem to be inline with what he wants for it...
Old 06-08-2004, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
i think he is unrealistic to think he will get the same from what the dealer may have stated earlier unless the car is in exact same condition. He may be getting 35.5 from the dealer but it wouldnt suprise me if he is paying a bit more for the 645. Who has the title to the car, do you know?
Old 06-08-2004, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally posted by deuce zer0
i think he is unrealistic to think he will get the same from what the dealer may have stated earlier unless the car is in exact same condition. He may be getting 35.5 from the dealer but it wouldnt suprise me if he is paying a bit more for the 645. Who has the title to the car, do you know?
In all honesty, the car is in perfect, like new condition (looks wise) and i'm sure it will be in a few months... I told him the dealer will probably mark up his car if he is getting over trade in for his current car, but he says the he has been dealing with that particular dealership for many years and is getting the 645 for sticker; not sure weather he or the bank, etc. has the title, how/why would that affect the situation?? thanks
Old 06-08-2004, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Re: Re: Re: tmv e-55

Originally posted by moa4r
I came in thinking the situation is like this, however, the seller tells me his dealer offered him 35.5 for the car when he went in to order his 645, and he is hoping they will honor that when hiscar is delivered. He also does not need to get rid of the car until that time. He is also going by NADA values, which are higher than kbb values by a few thousand and is claiming the starmark warranty is worth 2K... For me, the more I think about it, it would only be an OK deal for 36K, and I would't do it for more than 33-34, which doesn't seem to be inline with what he wants for it...
If they are going to give him 35k for the car imagine the profit the built into the purchase of the new 645Ci! The BMW is a nice car but not sure it is worth what BMW has set the price at. It is a 5 series with 2 doors and more weight. Good car but not worth the money in my mind. Plus it s a BIG darn coupe! Plus the looks... uh well.... its not a piece of art but I am getting used to them. I will call it distinct for that is the best word I can come up with Some like blonds some like brunettes some like BMW's others don’t. Still is a good car and I hope he get 35.5k for his car. But they will lose money on selling that E55 guaranteed.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4

tntmcj, you've got PM!!! Thanks!!
Old 06-20-2004, 01:44 AM

E63 AMG, formerly E55 AMG
I just bought my 2000 E55 over a month ago and got a great deal. The car came with 59k on it and more loaded than a hippy at Woodstock! My price shipped was $31,600 and worth every dime. Like you, I had a soft spot for these cars and just had to own one. Remember, if the warranty is a deal breaker you can always find one woithout and buy an extended warranty from a third party. Good luck!