W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ongoing Electrical Problems, anyone else seen this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ongoing Electrical Problems, anyone else seen this?

Greetings all,

I've searched the E55 archives and not found anything relevant. I picked up my 3rd E55 back in February, this one a brand new 2004 with a lot of options. Two months later, the car was completely dead. No start, no lights, not nothing. Would not jump. Towed to Dealer, they indicate the "master power bus" was blown and had to be replaced. 3 weeks ago while driving we hear a loud POP, and the radio goes dead. No sound, no nav, no telephone, no nothing. Everything else seems to work. Dealer pulls various componets over the course of a week, nothing will talk to each other, finally they replace the right combination of parts and now it works. Get the car home, go for a drive this sunday, now the sunroof is dead. Electric screen for the pano sunroof works fine, but the sunroof will not open or tilt. Goes back to this shop this week.

I know that the e500's had some electrical glitches the first year but that seemed to be resolved in the 2004. Any ideas? Anyone seen a pattern like this before, or is this just bad luck?
Old 09-28-2004, 02:10 PM

E55
Hey your panorama roof has to be resynchronised whenever the battery is disconnected. I had the exact same thing when mine had the battery disconnected. The instructions are in the owner's manual and you must follow them exactly. It only takes a couple of minutes but I had to try two or three times.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:35 AM

Thanks, we will try it tonight.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:16 PM

E55
rleander - check your PM's I have some more tips on how to make this work.