Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Snipe656
P1 and P2 are standard on the 2012 E63, not even sure you could get a car without them although saw someone who ordered a CLS550 without so guess anything is possible.
Yeah go figure, the wagon I got had 18inch special order wheels. Never saw that option on the "build your own" at the website.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 997.2 Carrera GTS
It boggles my mind how MB does not fit this car with LSD as standard equipment. I just sold my 08 E63 and am undecided between the new E63 and M5. I also sold my GT3 because I can no longer drive stick due to neck and shoulder problems and I am not sure if I will replace it with another weekend sports car. I'm stuck with a new camry for daily driving duties and work and I'm really itching for a real car right now. If MB carried more E63 with PP or at least the LSD on lots I'd probably end up driving one home. All I see at my local dealer is P1 or P2 cars.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C63S
Originally Posted by hakaida442
It boggles my mind how MB does not fit this car with LSD as standard equipment. I just sold my 08 E63 and am undecided between the new E63 and M5. I also sold my GT3 because I can no longer drive stick due to neck and shoulder problems and I am not sure if I will replace it with another weekend sports car. I'm stuck with a new camry for daily driving duties and work and I'm really itching for a real car right now. If MB carried more E63 with PP or at least the LSD on lots I'd probably end up driving one home. All I see at my local dealer is P1 or P2 cars.
All 2012 E63 cars come with P1/P2 and prior to that I thought all 2010-2011 E63 cars came with P1. So would seem you are just seeing cars without options although I bet they have things like lane assist added and so on. I thought more about the LSD and do not see why it would be such a big deal to put into a leased car. Not like you get your money back either way(if the factory put it in or if you had a shop put it in). I'd personally not make it a deal breaker on buying a car considering how easy it should be to have a shop put one in, heck buy the car in the morning, stop at a shop already with the part and that afternoon you should be all set.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:05 PM

'11 997.2 Carrera GTS
All 2012 E63 cars come with P1/P2 and prior to that I thought all 2010-2011 E63 cars came with P1. So would seem you are just seeing cars without options although I bet they have things like lane assist added and so on. I thought more about the LSD and do not see why it would be such a big deal to put into a leased car. Not like you get your money back either way(if the factory put it in or if you had a shop put it in). I'd personally not make it a deal breaker on buying a car considering how easy it should be to have a shop put one in, heck buy the car in the morning, stop at a shop already with the part and that afternoon you should be all set.
Not leasing, but paying for it in cash as I do for all of my other cars and hookers. I think I'm going to just wait for the M5 to come out then decide which of the 2 I like more. I've thought about the M6, but I might as well get the new 991 911CS if I'm spending that kinda money. And 130k used to be GT3 money. Unless the new GT3 is pdk I don't think I can drive one. Actually I probably should wait to see how I feel after another round of cervical neck fusion surgery. I might have to go with a softer riding car if I don't feel better. Anything a little sporty seems to really make me hurt just after 45 minutes of regular driving.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C63S
This is just my guess but I'd imagine a non PP E63 is going to ride much better than a M5 in regards to annoying any body injuries. To me BMW's historically have always had a rougher ride is why I am guessing at this. BTW I need to use credit cards for the hookers, easier to dispute the charges.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:22 PM

'11 997.2 Carrera GTS
This is just my guess but I'd imagine a non PP E63 is going to ride much better than a M5 in regards to annoying any body injuries. To me BMW's historically have always had a rougher ride is why I am guessing at this. BTW I need to use credit cards for the hookers, easier to dispute the charges.
I probably should be looking at the lower E class and F10 cars for comfort. It's been hard on me mentally to give up the track membership I had at spring mountain and all of the track events I used to go to in my area with the gt3. I was such a track junkie since 97 until some idiot rear ended me at a stop light almost 3 years ago.

In my mind I still desire the extra spicy versions of cars, but my body is killing me whenever I drive for more than 30 to 45 minutes. And my 4 hour drives to cali every other weekend is brutal. I double up on the painkillers to make that trip.

Ok I've gone off track quite a bit here. I haven't been posted here in a long time due to my medical problems, but I logged in because I will be a buyer for a midsize sedan again and wanted to do some research.

I have always liked this forum much more than the bmw forums. I know that some people here call their cars a "beast", but every poster on every bmw forum someone calls their car a "beast" in every freaking post and its really annoying.

I also give a slight preference to mercedes because they still have a F1 team and their engines power the mclaren team (my favorite team).

Last edited by hakaida442; 02-23-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:39 PM

997 C2S
Anyone have any idea when they will be stopping production of 2012's?
Old 02-24-2012, 12:17 AM

2012 E63 AMG
I probably should be looking at the lower E class and F10 cars for comfort. It's been hard on me mentally to give up the track membership I had at spring mountain and all of the track events I used to go to in my area with the gt3. I was such a track junkie since 97 until some idiot rear ended me at a stop light almost 3 years ago.
I dont think he meant "a lower e-class"... for me, the seats in the AMG are part of the reason for buying AMG. The comfort level and the side bolsters make the seats so much better to sit in, especially for long rides.