Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > E55 AMG, E63 AMG (W210, W211, W212) > W212 AMG
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Member
 
AMG12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 90
Drives: 997 C2S
Buying Advice

Hi,
I am new to the forum and am in the process of working out a deal on a 2012 E63. The car I am interested in ordering has the PP, Limited Slip and the 5 Spoke AMG wheels. Price is around 101k. Dealer is offering 4% off MSRP. I don't think this is a great deal and I view it as a starting point. Edmunds TMV puts this car a little over 6% off MSRP. I am not sure if there is conquest cash on AMG's, but that would represent the extra $2000. Unless if conquest is offered you can get an additional $2000 off over and above the 6%.

Also I am most likely leasing. With the 4% discount i was given a lease of $1299/month with tax/title reg around $6800 out of Pocket for 36months 10k/year. I do not have the MF or residual. I told SA to e-mail me numbers.

So how does this deal rate for what some of you have paid and or leased?

Thanks I appreciate any feedback you can give me.
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

AMG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 9,307
Drives: 2013 SL63, 2013 M6, 2012 R8 V10, 2012 C63 Black Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG12 View Post
Hi,
I am new to the forum and am in the process of working out a deal on a 2012 E63. The car I am interested in ordering has the PP, Limited Slip and the 5 Spoke AMG wheels. Price is around 101k. Dealer is offering 4% off MSRP. I don't think this is a great deal and I view it as a starting point. Edmunds TMV puts this car a little over 6% off MSRP. I am not sure if there is conquest cash on AMG's, but that would represent the extra $2000. Unless if conquest is offered you can get an additional $2000 off over and above the 6%.

Also I am most likely leasing. With the 4% discount i was given a lease of $1299/month with tax/title reg around $6800 out of Pocket for 36months 10k/year. I do not have the MF or residual. I told SA to e-mail me numbers.

So how does this deal rate for what some of you have paid and or leased?

Thanks I appreciate any feedback you can give me.
6% off is full invoice- anymore than that and you are into dealer holdback which has another 6% and they might or might not share depending on their economics, allocation, demand, etc.

Im not sure if conquest is around in February or not but I used mine in October on the CLS with my 997TT. If it is they will give it to you as its not out their pocket. If you are leasing and currently have an open lease or loan with MBFS you can go the loyalty route and get 2k. You can not combine the conquest and loyalty.
__________________
2014 Porsche Turbo S
2013 Mercedes Benz SL63
2013 BMW M6
2012 Audi R8 V10
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series
Vic55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Member
 
AMG12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 90
Drives: 997 C2S
According to TMV Invoice on this car is $93,894 and TMV is $94,787. I am not an existing Mercedes customer and I have seen several dealerships offering Conquest cash for February. So I guess if I can get the 4% off and the 2k conquest that would be fair. It seems to me dealership is only giving me 2k off and rest is conquest which is not going to work for me.
AMG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #4
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 9,307
Drives: 2013 SL63, 2013 M6, 2012 R8 V10, 2012 C63 Black Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG12 View Post
According to TMV Invoice on this car is $93,894 and TMV is $94,787. I am not an existing Mercedes customer and I have seen several dealerships offering Conquest cash for February. So I guess if I can get the 4% off and the 2k conquest that would be fair. It seems to me dealership is only giving me 2k off and rest is conquest which is not going to work for me.
Make sure to check the fine print on Conquest- its not always applicable to AMG but it has been in the past so it depends on the program dates.

I think 4% PLUS Conquest as you stated is a fair deal. Where are you located?
__________________
2014 Porsche Turbo S
2013 Mercedes Benz SL63
2013 BMW M6
2012 Audi R8 V10
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series
Vic55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
Member
 
AMG12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 90
Drives: 997 C2S
Yeah I will have to call around and find out if applicable on amg. I am located near Buffalo NY.
AMG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
vdubpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: OC
Posts: 4,646
Drives: i drive them all, fast and hard
whats conquest?....
is that the same as having a competitor car and getting a discount because of that
__________________

1985 500SEL Euro Nautic Blue - A Classic Beauty
2012 E63 AMG Iridium Silver - Performance Package


vdubpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
Member
 
AMG12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 90
Drives: 997 C2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubpower View Post
whats conquest?....
is that the same as having a competitor car and getting a discount because of that
Yes intended to attract new customers.
AMG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #8
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
vdubpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: OC
Posts: 4,646
Drives: i drive them all, fast and hard
on our car we used a golf gl 2003 as a competitor car , and they met our price with that discount

all of our other cars were mercs, and even tho we purchased a s550 from that same dealer 2 yrs prior didnt seem to make a difference

we got the rant about amgs are so special and unique they cant budge much
__________________

1985 500SEL Euro Nautic Blue - A Classic Beauty
2012 E63 AMG Iridium Silver - Performance Package


vdubpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calabasas,Ca
Posts: 144
Drives: 12 E63 matte white
Just p/up my Matte white E63 from Laguna Niguel. Here's the deal..amg does qualify for conquest which is $3k also the loyalty discount is $2k you could use one but not both. the MF on this car is .00145 and residual is 57% for 15k and 59% for 12k. Most dealers will tell you that they'll give you the $8k discount but will try to f*** you on the MF. I got $5k off my $109k car + $3k for conquest. I was lucky to sell my CLS63 to a private party as we're having our third child and needed to extra seat in the back. I know this will help you
FlyC63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
vdubpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: OC
Posts: 4,646
Drives: i drive them all, fast and hard
who was your sales person at laguna, PM me

are u gonna fit 3 car seats in the back of the E, i thought i would be able to but its still too tight, i guess the wife will have to stick with the Denali

whats MF mean.
__________________

1985 500SEL Euro Nautic Blue - A Classic Beauty
2012 E63 AMG Iridium Silver - Performance Package


vdubpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:30 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calabasas,Ca
Posts: 144
Drives: 12 E63 matte white
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubpower View Post
who was your sales person at laguna, PM me

are u gonna fit 3 car seats in the back of the E, i thought i would be able to but its still too tight, i guess the wife will have to stick with the Denali

whats MF mean.
My salesman's name is Bernie. The deal was done over the phone..told him this was the most i can pay and if not i had another deal working elsewhere. Of course they tried to come back to me with BS #'s with .0023 MF which is a lot more. I demanded that i was only to pay .00145..call me back an hour later and ask when they can deliver the car.

My oldest daughter will sit in the middle w/o car seat as she's old enough.

MF = money factor which determine the interest rate. Go to Leaseguide.com click under lease calculator and plug in all #'s and you'll get the monthly payment. Remember drive off fee does not count as down payment.
FlyC63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #12
Member
 
AMG12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 90
Drives: 997 C2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyC63 View Post
Just p/up my Matte white E63 from Laguna Niguel. Here's the deal..amg does qualify for conquest which is $3k also the loyalty discount is $2k you could use one but not both. the MF on this car is .00145 and residual is 57% for 15k and 59% for 12k. Most dealers will tell you that they'll give you the $8k discount but will try to f*** you on the MF. I got $5k off my $109k car + $3k for conquest. I was lucky to sell my CLS63 to a private party as we're having our third child and needed to extra seat in the back. I know this will help you
Assuming your speaking of a 36 month lease this puts you at roughly $1280 per month which is def a good deal for that car.

As for the 3k conquest is this up to each dealer? I have seen 2k, 3k and 4k as discount. Does not seem to be any set number or explanation on Mercedes Website.
AMG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #13
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 9,307
Drives: 2013 SL63, 2013 M6, 2012 R8 V10, 2012 C63 Black Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG12 View Post
Assuming your speaking of a 36 month lease this puts you at roughly $1280 per month which is def a good deal for that car.

As for the 3k conquest is this up to each dealer? I have seen 2k, 3k and 4k as discount. Does not seem to be any set number or explanation on Mercedes Website.
Conquest is set by the car you buy and is not up to the dealer. The .00145 Money Factor is a Current February special on the AMG sedan.

What is your exact MSRP on the car you are looking at? Also since you are in NY- most here will not understand that you are an "upfront" state- where all the lease payment taxes are paid ... up front.

You said your car is around 101k msrp- so lets say 101500 with no gas guzzler tax. At 10k/36 the residual is 60% so your buyout is 60900. Assuming you are at 4k all in off- your net cap is 97500 and your payment would be 1246.00 (around there) prior to taxes and cap reduction. This is based off the .00145 money factor that is the current special. I didnt include the MBFS 1095 acq fee either fyi.

Its not a bad payment but here in California that payment would be 1342.56 (7.75% taxes per month) which I find a little heavy for a 101500 msrp car. You are in a state where these cars tend to sit around sometimes due to the winter seasons. I would press for more off-
__________________
2014 Porsche Turbo S
2013 Mercedes Benz SL63
2013 BMW M6
2012 Audi R8 V10
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series
Vic55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #14
Member
 
AMG12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 90
Drives: 997 C2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Conquest is set by the car you buy and is not up to the dealer. The .00145 Money Factor is a Current February special on the AMG sedan.

What is your exact MSRP on the car you are looking at? Also since you are in NY- most here will not understand that you are an "upfront" state- where all the lease payment taxes are paid ... up front.

You said your car is around 101k msrp- so lets say 101500 with no gas guzzler tax. At 10k/36 the residual is 60% so your buyout is 60900. Assuming you are at 4k all in off- your net cap is 97500 and your payment would be 1246.00 (around there) prior to taxes and cap reduction. This is based off the .00145 money factor that is the current special. I didnt include the MBFS 1095 acq fee either fyi.

Its not a bad payment but here in California that payment would be 1342.56 (7.75% taxes per month) which I find a little heavy for a 101500 msrp car. You are in a state where these cars tend to sit around sometimes due to the winter seasons. I would press for more off-
Good to know the MF of .00145 is a special rate for Feb. As for the Purchase price it is 100895. I need to get more off on the car to do a deal. I need to be in the $1100 area. TMV on this car is 6.68% off or 94575. If you take another 2k off for conquest that is around $1090 month. I just wonder if the special MF rate cancels out the conquest cash. Pretty good considering an M5 will probably be around $1500/month.
AMG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #15
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 9,307
Drives: 2013 SL63, 2013 M6, 2012 R8 V10, 2012 C63 Black Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG12 View Post
Good to know the MF of .00145 is a special rate for Feb. As for the Purchase price it is 100895. I need to get more off on the car to do a deal. I need to be in the $1100 area. TMV on this car is 6.68% off or 94575. If you take another 2k off for conquest that is around $1090 month. I just wonder if the special MF rate cancels out the conquest cash. Pretty good considering an M5 will probably be around $1500/month.
Conquest is seperate of rate/mf specials. Here is another trick, sign up for auto pay with MBFS from your bank and you can lower the .00145 to .00135 which is about 25 basis points. Every little bit helps and then after you make 3 or 4 payments cancel the auto pay LOL.
__________________
2014 Porsche Turbo S
2013 Mercedes Benz SL63
2013 BMW M6
2012 Audi R8 V10
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series
Vic55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
Member
 
AMG12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 90
Drives: 997 C2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Conquest is seperate of rate/mf specials. Here is another trick, sign up for auto pay with MBFS from your bank and you can lower the .00145 to .00135 which is about 25 basis points. Every little bit helps and then after you make 3 or 4 payments cancel the auto pay LOL.
Good Idea. I just need to find out what the conquest cash amount is. Kind of amazing that it is not in black and white somewhere. Also for what it's worth TMV lists the dealer cost on car as 91333

Last edited by AMG12; 02-20-2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: additional info
AMG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #17
Member
 
AMG12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 90
Drives: 997 C2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Conquest is seperate of rate/mf specials. Here is another trick, sign up for auto pay with MBFS from your bank and you can lower the .00145 to .00135 which is about 25 basis points. Every little bit helps and then after you make 3 or 4 payments cancel the auto pay LOL.
Follow up question does MBF allow you to lock a rate on an ordered vehicle?
Spoke with a sales guy said you can order car today, but you will not get the same rate when car is delivered. I have never run into this before with any other mfg. Most vehicles I have leased were ordered eg BMW. Audi. Is this accurate or just a sales tactic?

Also how long for delivery typically?
AMG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #18
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 9,307
Drives: 2013 SL63, 2013 M6, 2012 R8 V10, 2012 C63 Black Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG12 View Post
Follow up question does MBF allow you to lock a rate on an ordered vehicle?
Spoke with a sales guy said you can order car today, but you will not get the same rate when car is delivered. I have never run into this before with any other mfg. Most vehicles I have leased were ordered eg BMW. Audi. Is this accurate or just a sales tactic?

Also how long for delivery typically?
Rates are time sensitive- so its when you take delivery. The rate on that day/month is applied.
__________________
2014 Porsche Turbo S
2013 Mercedes Benz SL63
2013 BMW M6
2012 Audi R8 V10
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series
Vic55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #19
Member
 
AMG12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 90
Drives: 997 C2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Rates are time sensitive- so its when you take delivery. The rate on that day/month is applied.
Wow that sucks! With the rate being .00145 which seems pretty low almost have to get one now unless of course they extend to March...
AMG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #20
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 9,307
Drives: 2013 SL63, 2013 M6, 2012 R8 V10, 2012 C63 Black Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG12 View Post
Wow that sucks! With the rate being .00145 which seems pretty low almost have to get one now unless of course they extend to March...
Get the car now.
__________________
2014 Porsche Turbo S
2013 Mercedes Benz SL63
2013 BMW M6
2012 Audi R8 V10
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series
Vic55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #21
Member
 
AMG12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 90
Drives: 997 C2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Get the car now.
Looked nothing equipped way I want it so may have to sacrifice MF. Looks like the Power Pack and LSD are not too popular.
AMG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #22
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 9,307
Drives: 2013 SL63, 2013 M6, 2012 R8 V10, 2012 C63 Black Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG12 View Post
Looked nothing equipped way I want it so may have to sacrifice MF. Looks like the Power Pack and LSD are not too popular.
Really? If memory serves I saw a nice lot of units with both packages. But they were on the WC and are probably sold.

Well you have the rest of the month if the program stops.

What is the exact sticker on this car that you described in post 1.
__________________
2014 Porsche Turbo S
2013 Mercedes Benz SL63
2013 BMW M6
2012 Audi R8 V10
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series
Vic55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #23
Member
 
AMG12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 90
Drives: 997 C2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Really? If memory serves I saw a nice lot of units with both packages. But they were on the WC and are probably sold.

Well you have the rest of the month if the program stops.

What is the exact sticker on this car that you described in post 1.
As mentioned 100895 none on east coast with 19's LS and PP
AMG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #24
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 9,307
Drives: 2013 SL63, 2013 M6, 2012 R8 V10, 2012 C63 Black Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG12 View Post
As mentioned 100895 none on east coast with 19's LS and PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG12 View Post
Good to know the MF of .00145 is a special rate for Feb. As for the Purchase price it is 100895. I need to get more off on the car to do a deal. I need to be in the $1100 area. TMV on this car is 6.68% off or 94575. If you take another 2k off for conquest that is around $1090 month. I just wonder if the special MF rate cancels out the conquest cash. Pretty good considering an M5 will probably be around $1500/month.


Sorry I read your other quote as "purchase price at 100895" which to me is not that same as msrp.
__________________
2014 Porsche Turbo S
2013 Mercedes Benz SL63
2013 BMW M6
2012 Audi R8 V10
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 Black Series

Last edited by Vic55; 02-20-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Vic55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #25
Member
 
AMG12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 90
Drives: 997 C2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Sorry I read your other quote as "purchase price at 100895" which to me is not that same as msrp.
Good point my bad. MSRP of $100,895.
AMG12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:55 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
2012, 63, benz, cash, cls, conquest, factor, february, feburuay, lease, list, march, mercedes, money, s550



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:00 PM.


Copyright 2001-2012 InternetBrands, Inc. / MBWorld.org. All Rights Reserved.
Everyone's Personal Details

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2