W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap DVD player holder

Old 07-23-2014, 11:54 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2008 Saab 93 TurboX SC (BSR stage 1)/2014 E63 S Wagon (Rebellion Tuned/Renntech Sport Mufflers)
Cheap DVD player holder

For those f you with kiddos that need entertainment on long drives here is a solution. I was able to modify a previous holder for my Saab by drilling only one additional hole on aluminium bar. Cost is cheap (can't remember since I build it 5 years ago).

Cheap DVD player holder-img_2737.jpg

basically an aluminium square rod with 4 holes and 2 U bolts with butterfly nuts to hold headrest and 4 aluminium plates holding DVD in compression mode. Added some rubber door seal for added security.

I can post more pictures if you want to buid one...
Old 07-23-2014, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Good invention. Just need some paddings so no one would get bolt marks on the forehead or having a bolt going through the skull/eyes.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:03 PM

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2014 E63 S
Good idea, however, an easier and slightly more elegant solution is to buy a tablet holder from someone like Arkon (generic picture is below). I use one of theirs and it works fairly well, however, make sure you hook your iPad / tablet up to the multimedia input instead of streaming via Bluetooth -- if you stream, the audio will be out of sync with the video as the streaming seems to introduce a half second delay.
Attached Thumbnails Cheap DVD player holder-tab3-rshm-incar.jpg  
Old 07-24-2014, 11:50 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2008 Saab 93 TurboX SC (BSR stage 1)/2014 E63 S Wagon (Rebellion Tuned/Renntech Sport Mufflers)
Originally Posted by otakki
Good invention. Just need some paddings so no one would get bolt marks on the forehead or having a bolt going through the skull/eyes.

Good point never thought of that! I will try to reversu "U-bolts" so the wingnuts will face forward.

I know there is other options but for the price it's a good alternative. I also use it ocasionnally to mount camera during track days (original purpose was that - then modded it for DVD).