W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing air filters on 2014 E63 AMG S...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63 AMG S
Changing air filters on 2014 E63 AMG S...

I know this is a dumb question, but I am new to AMG with a 2014 E63 AMG S and want to throw in some BMC filters (for now, ECU tune, downpipes, etc later). I am having the darndest time finding instructions on changing the air filters - I think there is a torx screw (at least one) but don't know size and it's tough as h*ll to get to. In fact, seems just changing an air filter is overly difficult!

Nothing in the manual - seems everything is on the "digital manual" which is a CD and I no longer have any computers with a CD/DVD reader so I can't access that. I"ve googled and read forums and pages for hours (literally) and finally occurred to me, maybe I should just ask :-)

Anyway, I'd be VERY grateful if you can tell me how to change my filters in a 2014 E63 AMG S... or point me someplace useful where I can read how :-)

Thanks!

P.S. new to the forum over the last couple days - enjoy it so far!
Old 07-25-2014, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Welcome. I haven't done it so I have no clue on that either. I have read a thread back then warning about BMC filters falling apart and cumulating in major engine damage so research on that and proceed with caution.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:26 PM

2014 E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by otakki
Welcome. I haven't done it so I have no clue on that either. I have read a thread back then warning about BMC filters falling apart and cumulating in major engine damage so research on that and proceed with caution.
Thank you! I've used BMC in my cars, bikes and race bikes for years and many of my friends have - never had an issue.... though, I have no doubt there is a risk using non-OEM stuff so probably happens.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:31 PM

2014 E63 AMG S
BTW - I'm on my way out to try to feel my way through it... I mean, I've rebuilt engines - I should be able to replace a couple filters, uh em... (famous last words? :-) )

I was just hoping for some easy instructions so I don't screw something up... I at least like to have a couple thousand miles on a new car so the newness is gone before I screw something up.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Here you go:

1) remove center engine cover...single front friction clip and one each back side...rear are easily broken away from cover so you want to ensure your fingers are under each clip when you extract...don't just grab cover
2) grab and pull off fore small separate cover (friction fit)
3) loosen rear hose clamp of two per side
4) filter assembly lifts off...pull away from clamp/hoses,,again friction fit
5) watch for wires to sensors...unclip
6) once off remove screws to access filter
Old 07-26-2014, 02:20 AM

2014 E63 AMG S
Thanks xtyper... that's what I did... mostly but it worked out