Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Did Your AMG Have For Lunch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 04:32 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
What Did Your AMG Have For Lunch

Ok. I though it would be a cool thread to share what your AMG raced recently or AKA kick butt.

Here is my lunch from yesterday ( May 2nd., 2015 ).

So me and my family was embarking on a family fun day at Ranging Water in Palm Springs., Ca. which is about an 100 miles trip from my house yesterday and while on the 10 freeway cruising the speed limit ( mind you that my wife hates me speeding ) and I see from my rear view mirror, a mustang pulling up fast on me. I know my mustangs because I grew up with 3 saleen mustangs so I asked the wife if I can race the young man that was now on the right hand side of me where my wife was sitting in the passenger side and I can hear him dropping a gear and Revving the engine. Of course my wife said no, but then the new Saleen mustang with no plates slow down a bit to my speed then dropped a gear again then the guy flapped his arm to stimulate a chicken and just as he was doing that, my wife said ok. Do what you want because if you guys was ever on the 10 freeway going to Palm Springs, it's a pretty wide freeway with hardly any cars ( probably because we were in the desert now ) so I pointed my finger toward the road in the front and honk my horn once and at the same time I hit the S+ mode getting ready to race. At that time I was already going 90mph so I dropped a gear as the saleen did the same and the other driver honked 3 times and we both punched it ( my first time hitting the pedal of my AMG to the floor ) and I can tell you it was breath taking. My car was at lease 3 cars ahead of the competition going 130 so I slow down enough for him to catch up and as he did. The guy had the ***** to give me a thums down sign so I honked my horn 3 times and dropped another gear going 100 now and my car got to 160 before the saleen was history.

I google the saleen afterwards and the new ones with the lease horse power was at 450 pony and the top rated was at 730 HP. Was not sure which model saleen I raced, but it just goes to show, the Germans really out did themselves with the AMG.

I can tell you that all the cars that wanted to race me were mostly American muscle cars with their high egos thinking the Mercedes is just a luxury sedan with no speed capabilities and it just brings a smile on my face as I am typing this thread.

If you like to share your lunches here I would appreciated it.

If you find it boring, please excuse the thread and move on.

P.S. I have decided to get 2 GoPro car mounts for my AMG so I can record everything especially when I'm racing. Any experiences with GoPro mounting method would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts
2015 E63s AMG, 2020 GLC 43 AMG
Originally Posted by Davidkuo0330
Ok. I though it would be a cool thread to share what your AMG raced recently or AKA kick butt.

Here is my lunch from yesterday ( May 2nd., 2015 ).

So me and my family was embarking on a family fun day at Ranging Water in Palm Springs., Ca. which is about an 100 miles trip from my house yesterday and while on the 10 freeway cruising the speed limit ( mind you that my wife hates me speeding ) and I see from my rear view mirror, a mustang pulling up fast on me. I know my mustangs because I grew up with 3 saleen mustangs so I asked the wife if I can race the young man that was now on the right hand side of me where my wife was sitting in the passenger side and I can hear him dropping a gear and Revving the engine. Of course my wife said no, but then the new Saleen mustang with no plates slow down a bit to my speed then dropped a gear again then the guy flapped his arm to stimulate a chicken and just as he was doing that, my wife said ok. Do what you want because if you guys was ever on the 10 freeway going to Palm Springs, it's a pretty wide freeway with hardly any cars ( probably because we were in the desert now ) so I pointed my finger toward the road in the front and honk my horn once and at the same time I hit the S+ mode getting ready to race. At that time I was already going 90mph so I dropped a gear as the saleen did the same and the other driver honked 3 times and we both punched it ( my first time hitting the pedal of my AMG to the floor ) and I can tell you it was breath taking. My car was at lease 3 cars ahead of the competition going 130 so I slow down enough for him to catch up and as he did. The guy had the ***** to give me a thums down sign so I honked my horn 3 times and dropped another gear going 100 now and my car got to 160 before the saleen was history.

I google the saleen afterwards and the new ones with the lease horse power was at 450 pony and the top rated was at 730 HP. Was not sure which model saleen I raced, but it just goes to show, the Germans really out did themselves with the AMG.

I can tell you that all the cars that wanted to race me were mostly American muscle cars with their high egos thinking the Mercedes is just a luxury sedan with no speed capabilities and it just brings a smile on my face as I am typing this thread.

If you like to share your lunches here I would appreciated it.

If you find it boring, please excuse the thread and move on.

P.S. I have decided to get 2 GoPro car mounts for my AMG so I can record everything especially when I'm racing. Any experiences with GoPro mounting method would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.
I posted a M5 kill on a separate thread somewhere but I cant remember which one. Getting too damn old! Lol
Those GoPro videos are also very useful for a-holes that pull road rage crap like brake checks and stuff.
Not everyone takes losing with dignity unfortunately! Lol as you saw in the Saleen.
Let us know after you optimize your GoPros.
Cheers
Old 05-04-2015, 12:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2012 E63
Love the post! Was so excited reading the post

Unfortunately for me though, no lunches YET!
Old 05-04-2015, 08:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 ML63 Biturbo
An Audi RS5 had me for lunch from standstill the other day.

It was slightly damp and I just couldn't put the power down. Him and his 4WD left me standing.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:05 AM
Banned

2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
Cool. I'm assuming it's the newer model M5? Good kill.

Will post after I do some study on the mounting of the Gopro.

Originally Posted by Vrodman
I posted a M5 kill on a separate thread somewhere but I cant remember which one. Getting too damn old! Lol
Those GoPro videos are also very useful for a-holes that pull road rage crap like brake checks and stuff.
Not everyone takes losing with dignity unfortunately! Lol as you saw in the Saleen.
Let us know after you optimize your GoPros.
Cheers
Old 05-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Banned

Really. That is interesting. From your data, we have the same car ( 2012 E63 with P30 ) and I google the Audi RS5 assuming it's the 2014-2015 model and the performers data shows slower times than ours.

http://www.caranddriver.com/audi/rs5

It must have been tuned?

Originally Posted by c32_amg
An Audi RS5 had me for lunch from standstill the other day.

It was slightly damp and I just couldn't put the power down. Him and his 4WD left me standing.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Banned

Thanks. All I can say is it was really exciting to punch our beast. I felt like is was on rails giving the weight of our cars going 160+ on a straight away.

Originally Posted by sbtm
Love the post! Was so excited reading the post

Unfortunately for me though, no lunches YET!
Old 05-04-2015, 01:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 ML63 Biturbo
Really. That is interesting. From your data, we have the same car ( 2012 E63 with P30 ) and I google the Audi RS5 assuming it's the 2014-2015 model and the performers data shows slower times than ours.

http://www.caranddriver.com/audi/rs5

It must have been tuned?
yup we have the same car 2012 E63 Biturbo with the P30 or Performance Pack as we call it over here.

No idea might have been tuned but he was away like a shot while mine was still looking for traction.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:04 PM
Banned

The only 2 scenario I can think of:

1: You were spinning your tires while the AWD Audi made a break for it.

2: The Audi was tune a couple of stages that upped the HP to our level, but took the advantage of being lighter and AWD.

Good luck on your future hunt.

Originally Posted by c32_amg
yup we have the same car 2012 E63 Biturbo with the P30 or Performance Pack as we call it over here.

No idea might have been tuned but he was away like a shot while mine was still looking for traction.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ford Pinto
Haven't had a real good run yet. Have beat many easy cars like 370z's, Mustangs, Camaro's, etc. best run yet was a 2015 M3. Barely won that one.

Quick question. Any of you think our cars handle like garbage? I know they're heavy and not nimble but still. At speeds of 160+ I feel very unsteady. Almost a top heavy feeling.
Even maneuvering at 80+ I feel that I'm going to lose it, whereas, in a BMW it feels like it's glued to the ground.
I get a lot of that body roll feel. Is that only me?
Old 05-04-2015, 11:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,321 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Nope, I feel planted and solid at all speeds .. Especially highway speeds
Old 05-04-2015, 11:53 PM
Banned

Hi,

Not sure what year or if yours has the P30, but my felt like it was on rails when I hit 160+ for the first time last weekend. Its hard to imagine you barely beat an 2015 M3. I raced my friend with the same year and model and he wished he got my AMG.

Could it be your shocks going out? It might be worth a trip to your local dealer.

Originally Posted by AMGJAY
Haven't had a real good run yet. Have beat many easy cars like 370z's, Mustangs, Camaro's, etc. best run yet was a 2015 M3. Barely won that one.

Quick question. Any of you think our cars handle like garbage? I know they're heavy and not nimble but still. At speeds of 160+ I feel very unsteady. Almost a top heavy feeling.
Even maneuvering at 80+ I feel that I'm going to lose it, whereas, in a BMW it feels like it's glued to the ground.
I get a lot of that body roll feel. Is that only me?
Old 05-05-2015, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Yes, planted all the time. With an open stretch of highway in good condition and good weather, my comfort level at high speed is based mostly on tire condition. A massive tire failure is not going to be pretty, especially at the car's speed limit.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:10 AM

Ford Pinto
I do not have P30. I do have a Eurocharged tune on it. But maybe I should take another on similar to mine for a ride and see how it feels. Like I said it feels like it's floating at high speeds. The steering wheel doesn't get much stiffer for higher speeds. All in all doesn't feel stable. Driven other cars 150+, they feel much more planted.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:05 AM
Banned

I do not have P30. I do have a Eurocharged tune on it. But maybe I should take another on similar to mine for a ride and see how it feels. Like I said it feels like it's floating at high speeds. The steering wheel doesn't get much stiffer for higher speeds. All in all doesn't feel stable. Driven other cars 150+, they feel much more planted.
Does you car felt like this before when you were going 100+

Also you mentioned you driven other cars 150+ and they felt more planted, I'm assuming it was AMGs or Mercedes ?

I doubt the ride has anything to do with the Eurocharge tune so all I can think of is the suspension/airmatic that I would have the dealer inspect. Wouldn't help to have an shop Forman go on a ride with you so he can feel what your feeling though the Forman might not want you to go 150+ to prove your point.

Side question, how long have you had your Eurocharge and have you visited you Mercedes dealer after the tune? Has the dealer said anything or notice it was tune that might void the warranty?

Thanks and good luck.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:09 AM

Ford Pinto
Does you car felt like this before when you were going 100+

Also you mentioned you driven other cars 150+ and they felt more planted, I'm assuming it was AMGs or Mercedes ?

I doubt the ride has anything to do with the Eurocharge tune so all I can think of is the suspension/airmatic that I would have the dealer inspect. Wouldn't help to have an shop Forman go on a ride with you so he can feel what your feeling though the Forman might not want you to go 150+ to prove your point.

Side question, how long have you had your Eurocharge and have you visited you Mercedes dealer after the tune? Has the dealer said anything or notice it was tune that might void the warranty?

Thanks and good luck.

I don't recall from before honestly. I don't think it was that bad. It's a possibility the shocks have gotten worn over time.

I've had the Eurocharged tune for about 5 months now. Had no issues. The greatest thing about the tune is in manual mode, when you downshift, it really revs up and you can hear the aggressive exhaust. It also removed the top speed limiter allowing me to hit insane amounts of speed, although I don't exceed 150 much due to the instability feeling. I took the tune out a week ago and didn't notice any power change really. Only thing I was missing was the downshift exhaust gurgle. I really need to call them and see if it's normal since I don't know if it's improved my performance.

As for the dealer, I haven't taken it out when I've brought it in for service or warranty work. They haven't said anything about it either. If I ever do have engine/transmission issues, I'd definitely remove it before taking it in since they'd most likely hunt for any ECU altercations. But for regular visits, nah.

Another thing is I don't want to tell them about the top speed instability. If they find out the car can exceed 160 stock. It's going to throw a red flag since I'm electronically limited stock. Lol. But I'd be more than happy to take a foreman for a ride. He may never feel the same again though. Lol.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Banned

I don't recall from before honestly. I don't think it was that bad. It's a possibility the shocks have gotten worn over time.

I've had the Eurocharged tune for about 5 months now. Had no issues. The greatest thing about the tune is in manual mode, when you downshift, it really revs up and you can hear the aggressive exhaust. It also removed the top speed limiter allowing me to hit insane amounts of speed, although I don't exceed 150 much due to the instability feeling. I took the tune out a week ago and didn't notice any power change really. Only thing I was missing was the downshift exhaust gurgle. I really need to call them and see if it's normal since I don't know if it's improved my performance.

As for the dealer, I haven't taken it out when I've brought it in for service or warranty work. They haven't said anything about it either. If I ever do have engine/transmission issues, I'd definitely remove it before taking it in since they'd most likely hunt for any ECU altercations. But for regular visits, nah.

Another thing is I don't want to tell them about the top speed instability. If they find out the car can exceed 160 stock. It's going to throw a red flag since I'm electronically limited stock. Lol. But I'd be more than happy to take a foreman for a ride. He may never feel the same again though. Lol.
If that's the case. Remove your tune and visit your dealer. It really sounds like something is wrong with your shocks/airmatic. It doesn't sound like it's safe to drive your beast in its current condition. But I would love to see your Forman's face when you hit 150+.

BTW. Does your service department seem cool when you brought your car in for service ? I know it's by far from a ECU tune, but when I brought my E350 into any Mercedes after it was lowered with 20" after market wheel which I heard would void the suspension warranty, but no one said anything to me when it's obvious. But I would certainly remove the ECU tune before bring your car in for service.

Good Luck and please keep us posted on the outcome. Thanks.