W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

service experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 10:13 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2009 E350 Sport (gone) 2012 E350 (gone ) 2014 E63s ( gone ) 2016 E63S Diamond white 2019 E63s AMG
service experience

Had the vehicle serviced at MB Of Brooklyn for the first time, had the worst experience ever.
They held the vehicle for more than 35 days, there was poor communication of keeping me updated. Finally pick up the car to learn that there is damage to interior trim around the shift knob, car is pulling to the left after wheel alignment was supposedly done, rear deck rattle sound not isolated as it was stated in the work order.
Contact my service advisor after driving the car to work to let him know of all the issues, he assures me everything will be take care of. Then he starts giving me the run around, part is back ordered, drive the car for now and we will take care of all issues next time you bring it in.
Now, MB of Brooklyn is refusing to service my car, and take care of the issues that were promised.
One of the worst dealerships to deal with.
Any suggestions what I should do, and how to have them held responsible for negligence and poor quality of work.

Thank You!
Old 08-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by odessit
Had the vehicle serviced at MB Of Brooklyn for the first time, had the worst experience ever.
They held the vehicle for more than 35 days, there was poor communication of keeping me updated. Finally pick up the car to learn that there is damage to interior trim around the shift knob, car is pulling to the left after wheel alignment was supposedly done, rear deck rattle sound not isolated as it was stated in the work order.
Contact my service advisor after driving the car to work to let him know of all the issues, he assures me everything will be take care of. Then he starts giving me the run around, part is back ordered, drive the car for now and we will take care of all issues next time you bring it in.
Now, MB of Brooklyn is refusing to service my car, and take care of the issues that were promised.
One of the worst dealerships to deal with.
Any suggestions what I should do, and how to have them held responsible for negligence and poor quality of work.

Thank You!
At least open an inquiry with Mbusa tomorrow
Old 08-09-2015, 11:32 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
First, I would open a claim with MBusa and ( BBB ) better business bureau. Once you file the report, be sure you get the service manager or director ( the head of the service department ) a copy of the report. If that doesn't help them try to rectify the situation. Let MBusa and BBB take care of the rest.

Hard to believe a Mercedes dealer with that kind of service. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
2019 E63 S
service experience

Your experience is not remotely surprising. My fiancé had them try to fix her car for electrical problems (a C280). She must've brought the car in 15 times, they didn't fix anything and kept charging her massive amounts of money. I think they're terrible. For a really wonderful service experience go to Mercedes of Rockville Centre in Long Island. Their service department is simply the best one I've ever seen.

I would never let Mercedes of Brooklyn touch my E63 S.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S
service experience

I would definitely contact the New York City Department of consumer affairs immediately.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Might be worth it to jump on the ferry with the car and go to a mb dealer in Conn. Lots of crazy stuff out on long island, I try to steer clear of it.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s4
Benzl Busch is one exit after the GW (NJ side). I've gotten great service from this dealership.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:42 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2009 E350 Sport (gone) 2012 E350 (gone ) 2014 E63s ( gone ) 2016 E63S Diamond white 2019 E63s AMG
Have been in contact with MBUSA, and so far they can not seem to get any answers for me.
I have been getting the run around from everyone, starting from dealership to MBUSA. Nobody wants to do what is right, extremely dissapointed how this entire situation is being handled. Dealership is ignoring and avoiding me.
Does the dealership have the right to deny servicing your car when it is under factory warranty.

Any recommendations as to which dealer ship and possibly service advisor someone can recommend. Need to have the issues corrected.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Have been in contact with MBUSA, and so far they can not seem to get any answers for me.
I have been getting the run around from everyone, starting from dealership to MBUSA. Nobody wants to do what is right, extremely dissapointed how this entire situation is being handled. Dealership is ignoring and avoiding me.
Does the dealership have the right to deny servicing your car when it is under factory warranty.

Any recommendations as to which dealer ship and possibly service advisor someone can recommend. Need to have the issues corrected.
Several recommended dealers above in posts to your thread
Old 08-10-2015, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S
service experience

George Jimenez at MB of Rockville Centre. He is excellent and specializes in AMGs. Also seeks Renntech mods
The following users liked this post:
JonDiamond (09-17-2019)