W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W212 e63 lowering

Old 10-19-2016, 10:57 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
a car.
Along with the suspension drop I also installed larger wheels and thinner tires so my car is going ride a bit harder than stock no doubt. But when I have my stock wheels on I don't think I could tell the difference from the normal suspension when in comfort mode.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Is anyone using the Renntech kit?

Looks like threaded sleeves that would allow you to use the stock springs, which may ride a bit smoother. Links on the rear, although Id probably use the newer ones that you dont have to remove to adjust. Its also fairly reasonably priced.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 E63S Sedan
Just ordered the KW HAS kit and adjustable rear links, what I was wondering was on which setting have you all installed your rear links on? Since the car hieght changes in the rear from comfort/sport/sport+ I was wondering at which setting you all would recommend the ride hieght be set at?
Old 01-06-2017, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Mj39,

Would you mind sharing where you got your kit?
Old 01-06-2017, 07:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 E63S Sedan
Originally Posted by allenjdmb
Would you mind sharing where you got your kit?
Ordered it from my local shop.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
All you lowered guys, can you please share your experience with alignment and tire wear. I lowered my E55 and no matter what suspension kit I tried, I could never get rid of premature rear inner tire wear. Does the W212 suffer this problem? Are you guys able to get front and rear alignment within factory specs with or without other suspension mods?

Thanks...

Last edited by chiromikey; 01-11-2017 at 08:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Roseylv (01-06-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chiromikey
All you lowered guys, can you please share your experience with alignment and tire wear. I lowered my E55 and no matter what suspension kit I tried, I could never get rid of premature rear inner tire wear. Does the W212 suffer this problem? Are you guys able to get front and rear alignment within factory specs with or without other suspension mods?

Thanks...
Anyone???
Old 01-17-2017, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lol. Thanks for the help guys...
Old 01-17-2017, 11:44 AM

Received 110 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 E63S
I'm lowered. Have been for a few miles now. I don't see any premature inner wear in the front. The rear will certainly see some premature inner wear, due to the noticable negative camber. To adjust the camber in the rear, you'll need to buy adjustable camber arms, which I did. Didn't install as I like the amount of negative camber (visually) and it helps tuck the tires in the wheel well a bit.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Ralcbah
I'm lowered. Have been for a few miles now. I don't see any premature inner wear in the front. The rear will certainly see some premature inner wear, due to the noticable negative camber. To adjust the camber in the rear, you'll need to buy adjustable camber arms, which I did. Didn't install as I like the amount of negative camber (visually) and it helps tuck the tires in the wheel well a bit.
Finally, thank you!! Lol.

Please update us when you get those adjustable camber arms installed. I could never get a solid alignment with the bushings or arms on my W211 so I'm afraid to do it on the 212. Do the adjustable camber arms push the top out or pull the bottom in on this car? Also wondering how much being lowered will change the wheel position or preferred offset?
Old 01-18-2017, 03:22 PM

Received 110 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 E63S

Please update us when you get those adjustable camber arms installed. I could never get a solid alignment with the bushings or arms on my W211 so I'm afraid to do it on the 212. Do the adjustable camber arms push the top out or pull the bottom in on this car? Also wondering how much being lowered will change the wheel position or preferred offset?
No prob man. Probably won't install them as I like it as is. If want to give it a go I'll give you a real deal on them. If I installed them with my offset (stock wheels + 15mm spacers) wouldn't work at the height I like the car.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600

They will push the top out.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:12 PM
SPONSOR

Received 144 Likes on 114 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Anyone???
Chiromikey – let us know when you have that W212 because recall at the time we did offer (and still have) a free upgraded rear kit for your W211 with airmatic suspension.

Yes the W212 rear suspension is close to identical to the W211 and like the front suspension has only “Toe” adjustment!

OK if maintained and driven at showroom height, but day to day commuting with high cambered roads, altering height, load carrying, suspension sag, fitting wideprofile tires or curb knock damage – the feature of having Camber adjustment to change tire “contact angle” is essential.

K-MAC has the experience of being the longest established manufacturer of adjuster kits (World’s largest range) and the original inventor of front and rear kits to suit virtually every model Mercedes 1968 to 2017.

Sedans, Wagons, SUV’s and Commercials. With the advantage of not outsourcing/importing but “in-house” manufacture - this allows total control over quality and rapid/ongoing design improvements.

Which has cultimated in current “Series 4” rear kits with all the features:
  • Rear Camber ‘bushings’ (unlike “upper arms”) to resolve costly, premature edge tire wear adjust the ‘lower arms’ retaining essential clearance top of tire to outer fender and easy access – to adjust accurately under load, no wheel removal
  • K-MAC kits also importantly include extra ‘Toe’ adjustment to compensate for the new Camber facility
  • Comes with bush extraction tool allowing the Camber bushes to be replaced on vehicle
  • The patented design allows precise “single wrench” adjustment - accurately on car (under load direct on alignment rack)
  • Long term maintenance free – highest quality elastomer bushings on nickel chromed, hardened steel centers with spiral grease grooves
  • Proven fail safe/non slip locking system including airmatic suspension with alloy arms
  • Bonus is the 4 rear bushings (and also the 4 front) replace the highest wearing bushes at the same time. The front bushes have ‘5’ times the adjustment range of the inaccurate (one only offset position) “fluted bolts” – the adjustment scope to fix it right the 1st time (and are precisely adjusted on car under load)
  • Another feature with the front bushes is that they have twice the load bearing area and are 2 axis/self aligning without the use of OEM oil and air voids. Result is noticeably improved brake and steering response. Situations in all out competition racing where Race Safety scrutineers insist only K-MAC bushings are allowed to be used
  • For track days/competition we also manufacture front replacement top strut mounts – available to suit all W212 models (and all other Mercedes Models) with coil spring/strut suspensions.
Stage 2 kits (Street/Race) or Stage 3 (Full Race) – both precisely Camber and Caster adjustable providing serious adjustment to reduce understeer allowing to go deeper into the corners with increased traction and braking response. When used in conjunction with the lower front bushes allowing up to 4.5 degrees extra Negative Camber (and 30mm extra track width)– in the pursuit of pole setting lap times for race day!

Besides amount of adjustment range the K-MAC patented design also allows fast change of adjustment at trackside from engine bay (unlike other brands no time consuming removal of strut required each time).

• Also for performance driving/track days because of the rear multi link arms (6) - K-MAC saw the need to manufacture 12 replacement high performance bushings to accurately locate the rear end reducing unwanted flex. Noticeably improved traction/stability especially when applying power to lane change/overtake. Unlike unforgiving short life Delrin style bushings that soon pound out, the K-MAC design incorporates all the proven features – maximum diameter but light weight alloy casings with bonded elastomer bushings to contain side loads and large load bearing nickel chromed steel inners. Complete with bush extraction/insertion tubes.

FRONT CAMBER AND CASTER BUSHING KIT
W212/S212 #502916K $480
E63/CLS63 AMG #503316K $480

* ’ALL’ COIL SPRING MODELS FRONT CAMBER AND CASTER STRUT ADJUSTER KIT
Stage 2 (Street/Race) #502916-2L $545
Stage 3 (Full Race) #502916-3L $545

* Fit with OEM diameter springs or all brands of coil overs 60-70mm ID

REAR CAMBER (AND EXTRA TOE) BUSHING KIT
All W212/S212 incl AMG #502226K $480

REAR 12 LINK BUSHING KIT
W212/S212 #502628K $480
E63/CLS63 AMG #502628-1K $480

Delivery $40 one kit or $50 front and rear kits. We accept PayPal, Visa or MasterCard.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I still have both my W211 E55s and I do recall your offer but I'm sure you recall my skepticism on running your bushing kits again. I've had the W212 E63 for a little bit now and just put some nice forged AGs on her. It's my daily but it does the occasional track days. I very much want to lower it to get the proper stance but I just can't take the chance of going through the alignment/handling issues I had after trying adjustable parts on the W211...

Originally Posted by K-Mac
Chiromikey – let us know when you have that W212 because recall at the time we did offer (and still have) a free upgraded rear kit for your W211 with airmatic suspension.

Yes the W212 rear suspension is close to identical to the W211 and like the front suspension has only “Toe” adjustment!

OK if maintained and driven at showroom height, but day to day commuting with high cambered roads, altering height, load carrying, suspension sag, fitting wideprofile tires or curb knock damage – the feature of having Camber adjustment to change tire “contact angle” is essential.

K-MAC has the experience of being the longest established manufacturer of adjuster kits (World’s largest range) and the original inventor of front and rear kits to suit virtually every model Mercedes 1968 to 2017.

Sedans, Wagons, SUV’s and Commercials. With the advantage of not outsourcing/importing but “in-house” manufacture - this allows total control over quality and rapid/ongoing design improvements.

Which has cultimated in current “Series 4” rear kits with all the features:
  • Rear Camber ‘bushings’ (unlike “upper arms”) to resolve costly, premature edge tire wear adjust the ‘lower arms’ retaining essential clearance top of tire to outer fender and easy access – to adjust accurately under load, no wheel removal
  • K-MAC kits also importantly include extra ‘Toe’ adjustment to compensate for the new Camber facility
  • Comes with bush extraction tool allowing the Camber bushes to be replaced on vehicle
  • The patented design allows precise “single wrench” adjustment - accurately on car (under load direct on alignment rack)
  • Long term maintenance free – highest quality elastomer bushings on nickel chromed, hardened steel centers with spiral grease grooves
  • Proven fail safe/non slip locking system including airmatic suspension with alloy arms
  • Bonus is the 4 rear bushings (and also the 4 front) replace the highest wearing bushes at the same time. The front bushes have ‘5’ times the adjustment range of the inaccurate (one only offset position) “fluted bolts” – the adjustment scope to fix it right the 1st time (and are precisely adjusted on car under load)
  • Another feature with the front bushes is that they have twice the load bearing area and are 2 axis/self aligning without the use of OEM oil and air voids. Result is noticeably improved brake and steering response. Situations in all out competition racing where Race Safety scrutineers insist only K-MAC bushings are allowed to be used
  • For track days/competition we also manufacture front replacement top strut mounts – available to suit all W212 models (and all other Mercedes Models) with coil spring/strut suspensions.
Stage 2 kits (Street/Race) or Stage 3 (Full Race) – both precisely Camber and Caster adjustable providing serious adjustment to reduce understeer allowing to go deeper into the corners with increased traction and braking response. When used in conjunction with the lower front bushes allowing up to 4.5 degrees extra Negative Camber (and 30mm extra track width)– in the pursuit of pole setting lap times for race day!

Besides amount of adjustment range the K-MAC patented design also allows fast change of adjustment at trackside from engine bay (unlike other brands no time consuming removal of strut required each time).

• Also for performance driving/track days because of the rear multi link arms (6) - K-MAC saw the need to manufacture 12 replacement high performance bushings to accurately locate the rear end reducing unwanted flex. Noticeably improved traction/stability especially when applying power to lane change/overtake. Unlike unforgiving short life Delrin style bushings that soon pound out, the K-MAC design incorporates all the proven features – maximum diameter but light weight alloy casings with bonded elastomer bushings to contain side loads and large load bearing nickel chromed steel inners. Complete with bush extraction/insertion tubes.

FRONT CAMBER AND CASTER BUSHING KIT
W212/S212 #502916K $480
E63/CLS63 AMG #503316K $480

* ’ALL’ COIL SPRING MODELS FRONT CAMBER AND CASTER STRUT ADJUSTER KIT
Stage 2 (Street/Race) #502916-2L $545
Stage 3 (Full Race) #502916-3L $545

* Fit with OEM diameter springs or all brands of coil overs 60-70mm ID

REAR CAMBER (AND EXTRA TOE) BUSHING KIT
All W212/S212 incl AMG #502226K $480

REAR 12 LINK BUSHING KIT
W212/S212 #502628K $480
E63/CLS63 AMG #502628-1K $480

Delivery $40 one kit or $50 front and rear kits. We accept PayPal, Visa or MasterCard.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:10 PM
SPONSOR

Received 144 Likes on 114 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
I still have both my W211 E55s and I do recall your offer but I'm sure you recall my skepticism on running your bushing kits again. I've had the W212 E63 for a little bit now and just put some nice forged AGs on her. It's my daily but it does the occasional track days. I very much want to lower it to get the proper stance but I just can't take the chance of going through the alignment/handling issues I had after trying adjustable parts on the W211...
Yes design breakthroughs, new products always create controversy, but at K-MAC we would rather have this than being a manufacturer sitting on the fence and doing nothing flawlessly. History shows there is not a single new product that cannot be an improved product.

Situation we suggest is advise address (and if for W211 or your new 212) and will send rear at no cost. Am sure on “visual sighting” you will agree current Series 4 development is bullet proof! Withstanding all out 10/10th competition racing let alone off the track commuting.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
2011 E63 AMG
Part #

To Bachman..

I have the links for the rear just trying to find a good front pair of lowering springs. H&Rs are good but only lower a tad. You have pics of your car? What's the KW part # for the adjustable height springs for the front? Since you said they are listed under CLS 63.
Old 04-24-2020, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 539 Likes on 358 Posts
'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
Originally Posted by e63hammer
To Bachman..

I have the links for the rear just trying to find a good front pair of lowering springs. H&Rs are good but only lower a tad. You have pics of your car? What's the KW part # for the adjustable height springs for the front? Since you said they are listed under CLS 63.
I just lowered my CLS with H&R’s and it’s a LOT lower than quoted. No problems here, looks fantastic.
Old 04-25-2020, 12:03 AM

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts
CLS 63 and M4
I love the stance the H&R gave my CLS...

Old 04-25-2020, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

H&R’s and rear links
Old 04-25-2020, 12:31 AM

2011 E63 AMG
Both car stances are nice. Curious for the white CLS why does it seem it didnt lower by much? Are those 20" or 19". If they are 20"s then it definitely shouldn't show much of a drop for my AMG since I have 19"s. Would be nice if it lowered to the same level as the rear. I'm disappointed it doesn't lower much and that I have to get 20" just so the gap wouldn't be less to the fenders up front. Looks like I have to get KWs or coilovers..
Old 04-25-2020, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Both car stances are nice. Curious for the white CLS why does it seem it didnt lower by much? Are those 20" or 19". If they are 20"s then it definitely shouldn't show much of a drop for my AMG since I have 19"s. Would be nice if it lowered to the same level as the rear. I'm disappointed it doesn't lower much and that I have to get 20" just so the gap wouldn't be less to the fenders up front. Looks like I have to get KWs or coilovers..
19” wheels. KW’s are the way to go if you want it slammed.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:27 AM

2011 E63 AMG
Yeah but I can't seem to find the front springs Part #. Just seeking the front lowering springs NOT the whole coilover kit. Someone stated that it's under CLS63.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:24 AM

Received 145 Likes on 95 Posts
E63s
Yeah but I can't seem to find the front springs Part #. Just seeking the front lowering springs NOT the whole coilover kit. Someone stated that it's under CLS63.
what you’re paying for with KW is the fronts, the rear links are worth pennies.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:31 AM

2011 E63 AMG
I wonder if KW sells just the front springs?

part #
Old 04-25-2020, 04:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I wonder if KW sells just the front springs?

part #
It’s a system, the springs don’t work without the adjustable hat.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W212 e63 lowering