Xpel wrap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by HKJay
I had to fight for diminished value about a year ago after getting hit on both right side doors and rear quarter panel. Took almost 8 months and finally I accepted their 2nd offer with no lawyers involved. Always felt like I took a little less than I should of. Just wondering how much you got for yours. You can pm if you want.
Originally Posted by CliffJumper
I'd be curious to learn about how successful both of you were regarding your diminished value claims. I tried and didn't get very far in my M3 incident. That was an extremely busy time at work so I didn't continue to pursue it after the first few denials.
My damage was about $3,500 to fix. Mind you, they had to replace some suspension components as the driver tagged a concrete pole with the right front fender which also was wrinkled. See attached. They also paid $1,250 in rental car and $2,200 in diminished value.

Originally, the carrier offered me $400 for diminished value (they just sent me a check without any discussion lol) and I hired a professional appraiser. Appraiser said $4000 diminished value and I sent the report with my demand. Settled at $2,200 without any further fuss or need for attorney.
Attached Thumbnails Xpel wrap-img_0549.jpg  
Old 01-19-2017, 01:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by Wickdwagon
We have used xpel ultimate in the past full wraps on a few cars. On the wagon we went with a full wrap of expel stealth. Its all about the installer and I take the car through the automated car wash nearly daily! The ultimate has amazing healing properties and I would say the stealth has very good healing properties but their is a difference.

That Xpel Stealth wrap looks so good.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:12 PM

2014 E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by jvakos
i have a 2015 steel grey e63 just like yours and just got an Xpel wrap on the full front bumber, full hood, full fenders and side mirrors (paid approx 1600) which looks great and I think you also will really like.

i'm in downtown chicago oand garage park the car but felt i needed this added protection due to our winter, ice, salt, and pot holed streets and grimy roads totallybeat on the paint

There is zero color or shine differences between the Xpel covered areas and non-covered areas on mine in steel grey which i was concerned about.

Also for washing, while i ypically get it hand washed it is OK to run it through a gas station car wash if needed which i've done a couple times and doesnt damage the wrap.

the installer i used in chicago did a very good job. the only questionable area i saw after the install was the "Biturbo" badge area where my installer just cut around that and if you look very closely at that "Biturbo" badge area you can see where it was cut out and the lines. i heard some installers remove the badge or something to avoid that... but its not a big deal to me and you really dont see it especially on a dark steel grey colored car like mine.

here's a pic....
Great pic! Thanks for the detailed info. I think I'm going to go ahead with the front end like you did and maybe the rear bumper.

Thanks!
Old 01-19-2017, 09:44 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
04 E55
Originally Posted by 1809
That Xpel Stealth wrap looks so good.
Thanks, the place that we use is generically called "The Tint Shop" in Edison NJ. They have done quite a few cars for us and they all turned out great.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
'10 F150 FX4 SCrew. '14 S212S
Originally Posted by 10speed
Beautiful wagon ! I love the wheels , do you mind sharing your setup, size ,offset, brand , and size and brand tires , will that setup work on a sedan ?

Also did you wrap the headlights and tail lights ?

My car is a CPO , the full hood is clear wrapped and front bumper , that's it , the hood is still good but the bumper needs to be redone , Thanks
Been away for a bit from mbworld.

Wheels are Nutek. Not sure if they are in business anymore.

19x9 and 19x10. Not sure the offset as they were custom for PSS tires. PSS run way wider than stock PZero.

Headlight have xpel ultimate. Tails have 50% plus Xpel matte.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:23 AM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
no MBs at the moment :(
Originally Posted by benyl
Been away for a bit from mbworld.

Wheels are Nutek. Not sure if they are in business anymore.

19x9 and 19x10. Not sure the offset as they were custom for PSS tires. PSS run way wider than stock PZero.

Headlight have xpel ultimate. Tails have 50% plus Xpel matte.
wow, really thought they were 20s. They fill the gap nicely. What type of drop do you have? Any rubbing on the front wheels turning at full lock?
Old 02-03-2017, 11:52 AM

Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts
16 GLC 19 Volvo XC40 06Corvette Z06
Originally Posted by Chappy
How does a wrapped car complicate repairing a car after collision damage? Will the wrap be covered by insurance?
My insurance company (Erie) covered this situation.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:58 PM

2014 E63 AMG S
Quick update: I ended up going with a complete front end and rear bumper. I actually ended up going with ClearGuard Nano at the shop's recommendation. They carry both Xpel and ClearGuard products which cost the same.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:05 PM

2014 E63 AMG S
Another quick update: Supposedly, ClearGuard Nano has some of the same self-healing properties as Xpel Ultimate. I noticed some light swirling after a wash this weekend and decided to test it out. I took my wife's hair dryer and the swirls were gone after several seconds of heat application. Needless to say, I'm happy and impressed.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:00 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
22 (WIFE) & 23 G63,22 TOYO TUNDRA TRD,21 GT BS, 22 McLaren GT,23 DUCATI MULTI V4 PIKES PEAK, 23 S580
Originally Posted by benyl
Here is stealth on a Diamond white wagon. Got it done the week I picked it up.

More pics here:

http://www.beyond.ca/life-lessons-co...s/39305.html/3
Love the wagon but wow, breathtaking home!!