Gearbox with 1200nm +

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG S 4Matic
Gearbox with 1200nm +

Hi,

iam the proud owner of an tunes e63 amg s, we did several tunes now but from 1200nm+ the gearbox, specialy the glutch begins to slide. So how or where do i get a gearbox with more torque ? GAD is to expensive...

9K just to harden it...
Old 02-17-2017, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by Michael Mollet
Hi,

iam the proud owner of an tunes e63 amg s, we did several tunes now but from 1200nm+ the gearbox, specialy the glutch begins to slide. So how or where do i get a gearbox with more torque ? GAD is to expensive...

9K just to harden it...
Wow thats alot of torque. If im understanding this that is 885WTQ+?

Just curious how you are making this much?
Old 02-17-2017, 11:06 AM

E63 AMG S 4Matic
sorry, i dont know how its gonna be translated overseas, ive did exhaust upgrades from turbo with catless downpipes, 3 inch from turbo till the end. Software and gearbox 710hp and 1210nm torque. I was on the dyno myself so these results are true and not a dream from alot of tuners which state 700 and dont get it. There are not much who knows how to tune gearbox beyond 1000nm. i can fully recommend the tuner.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:23 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 E63S
722.9 gearbox upgrade is supposed to be good up to 1000 ft lbs (1355 nm).

http://weistec.com/all/c/c-63/2015-w...ssion-rwd.html
Old 02-17-2017, 11:26 AM

E63 AMG S 4Matic
i have 4 matic
Old 02-17-2017, 11:30 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 E63S
i have 4 matic
Here you go...

http://weistec.com/all/e/e-63/2014-p...ssion-awd.html
Old 02-17-2017, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
CLS63 AMG
sorry, i dont know how its gonna be translated overseas, ive did exhaust upgrades from turbo with catless downpipes, 3 inch from turbo till the end. Software and gearbox 710hp and 1210nm torque. I was on the dyno myself so these results are true and not a dream from alot of tuners which state 700 and dont get it. There are not much who knows how to tune gearbox beyond 1000nm. i can fully recommend the tuner.
Which tuner did you use for this? Which upgraded turbos are you running?
Old 02-17-2017, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
i have 4 matic
they have it for 4 matic too

http://weistec.com/all/e/e-63/2014-p...ssion-awd.html
Old 02-22-2017, 09:50 PM
e65

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
2014 E63 S model
You get what you pay for word of caution.

Weistec bulletproof transmission. You can get there in House upgrade or you can order their clutch packs. If you send your transmission to them they will cryogenically harden a lot of the components. This is a dubious science, it may benefit the transmission it may not.

when I sent them my transmission that took a lot longer than they said they would and stopped responding to my emails. Whenever they did respond it was always to say there were two weeks left. I think they didn't realize that they said this already months before and I suspect this a generic reply. Same when I sent them my turbos I was told 2 weeks and it took four months despite emails and phone calls from me asking them how much longer. The reply was always 2 weeks.

Many of their customers are happy with their transmission although some have reported issues with clutches slipping. I had mine inspected when it was brand new and was told it was a definite upgrade in terms of torque capacity. Their clutch material will result in harsh shifts.

Gad motors upgrades more than just a clutch packs. They don't do cryogenic stuff that actually replace other components as well and can hold 1500nm. Also the clutch engagement is more gentle similar to stock because of different clutch material and different clutch design.

they required two days to do the upgrade much much faster than weistec. Let's say the Weistec transmission fails and you want to send it in for a service as it has happened with other customers you'll be waiting for several months.

I paid over $6,000 for weistec exhaust and it did not fit due to poor quality control so I decided I couldn't trust them with my transmission and even though it was brand new I had it rebuilt at Gad Motors for peace of mind. So all that waiting for weistec transmission and the $6,000 it cost all in the garbage for me. I could have given their transmission a chance to prove itself but when I saw that their exhaust didn't fit for my car and for another one of their customers in Edmonton I but the bullet and went with gad.

if you don't want to spend that kind of money you can get the clutch packs from weistec, AMS or renntec. You could probably send your transmission to AMS and rentec is well and let them do the build. They will upgrade most likely the clutch packs only but you will save money that way

Last edited by e65; 05-13-2018 at 01:29 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by e65:
Amg63- (02-23-2017), quandary (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 09:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 CLS63 AMG S
Originally Posted by e65

Weistec bulletproof transmission. You can get there in House upgrade or you can order their clutch packs. If you send your transmission to them they will cryogenically harden a lot of the components. This is a dubious science, it may benefit the transmission it may not.

when I sent them my transmission that took a lot longer than they said they would and stopped responding to my emails. Whenever they did respond it was always to say there were two weeks left. I think they didn't realize that they said this already months before and I suspect this a generic reply. Same when I sent them my turbos I was told 2 weeks and it took four months despite emails and phone calls from me asking them how much longer. The reply was always 2 weeks.

Many of their customers are happy with their transmission although some have reported issues with clutches slipping. I had mine inspected when it was brand new and was told it was a definite upgrade in terms of torque capacity. Their clutch material will result in harsh shifts.

Gad motors upgrades more than just a clutch packs. They don't do cryogenic stuff that actually replace other components as well and can hold 1500nm. Also the clutch engagement is more gentle similar to stock because of different clutch material and different clutch design.

they required two days to do the upgrade much much faster than weistec. Let's see the WeisTec transmission fails and you want to send it in for a service as it has happened with other customers you'll be waiting for several months vs 2 days if you ever had to resend your transmission to gad Motors.

I paid over $6,000 for weistec exhaust and it did not fit due to poor quality control so I decided I couldn't trust them with my transmission and even though it was brand new I had it rebuilt at Gad Motors for peace of mind. So all that waiting for weistec transmission and the $6,000 it cost all in the garbage for me. I could have given their transmission a chance to prove itself but when I saw that their exhaust didn't fit for my car and for another one of their customers in Edmonton I but the bullet and went with gad.

if you don't want to spend that kind of money you can get the clutch packs from weistec, AMS or renntec. You could probably send your transmission to AMS and rentec is well and let them do the build. They will upgrade most likely the clutch packs only but you will save money that way
Great to hear from someone with real-world experience on this. Thanks for sharing your story.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:34 AM

E63 AMG S 4Matic
Originally Posted by e65

they required two days to do the upgrade much much faster than weistec. Let's see the WeisTec transmission fails and you want to send it in for a service as it has happened with other customers you'll be waiting for several months vs 2 days if you ever had to resend your transmission to gad Motors.

thank you very much, some other member told me that already with that clutch packs. I will wait and saving money doing the gearbox with gad maybe.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:58 PM
e65

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
2014 E63 S model
Update, my clutches are slipping. The motor is putting down ~1000hp perhaps it would do better with less hp, I wonder if there is really a such thing as a bulletproof MCT.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by e65
Update, my clutches are slipping. The motor is putting down ~1000hp perhaps it would do better with less hp, I wonder if there is really a such thing as a bulletproof MCT.
There isn't.

Mine slips here and there in the high gear pulls that start low. Thinking about doing clutch packs only but I'm just on a tune/dp's @ 620whp/760wtq.