Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 E63 AMG
ALPHA Performanc Carbon Fiber Intake / Induction system *RELEASE*

Alpha Performance Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Carbon Fiber Intake System

Lightweight and aesthetically appealing, the Alpha Performance Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Carbon Fiber Intake System is also the most efficient choice you have for improving the air intake of your 2012+ Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG. It was designed, first and foremost, to improve performance and power production while offering a beautiful quality finish to truly complement your stock or upgraded M157 5.5L Biturbo V-8 engine. You’ll gain 20+HP over stock turbos and a tune alone with an even more prolific 30+HP gain on top of the power produced by our upgraded Alpha 9 Turbochargers.

Engineered To Achieve The Absolute Best Results

Development of this high-flow intake system began during testing of our Alpha 7 Performance Package. Our engineers discovered a significant pressure drop in the intake ducting located after the stock air filter box - a telltale indication that the OEM system was not performing efficiently. To improve air flow and eliminate restrictions, the process of designing a set of higher volume air filter boxes, filters and piping began with a CMM scan to determine the best use of space within the tight confines of the engine bay. With that data, a CAD design was developed and taken to a working prototype. The results confirmed our suspicions and rewarded us with HUGE power gains!

Optimum Airflow Unleashes Maximum Horsepower And Torque

In our design, the cross-sectional area of the air box filter was increased by a massive 41%. In addition, the cross-sectional area of the inlet was increased by 20%, while the outlet was increased by 25%. Enlargement of these three sections reduced bottle-necking within the system. By creating a more balanced and less restrictive intake system, we were able to significantly improve the performance of your 5.5L BiTurbo equipped Mercedes.

Much More Than Just A Fancy Lid And Different Filter

Unlike other intakes in the market, we redesigned the entire intake system - not just the air filters or the filter lid. It is considerably larger and makes more power than the competition and provides your AMG with improved air flow dynamics for greater efficiency and maximum output! By using full carbon fiber construction, the air boxes, inlets and tubing are incredibly strong, lightweight and look great. In addition, we supply wire reinforced, custom molded silicone couplers for durability and function.

Works On Both Factory And Upgraded Turbos

While other air box options are available, the Alpha Carbon Boxes offer far superior performance and are the last ones you'll ever need to buy. Rather than requiring replacement, if you decide on larger turbos down the road, our engineering team designed an innovative coupling sleeve. This allows you to transition from stock to upgraded turbos if you so choose – making this truly a one-time purchase.

Optional Carbon Fiber Engine Cover

You have the option of either trimming your factory cover or complementing your new intake with our matching carbon fiber center cover. Provisions have been made to transfer the Mercedes emblem and the AMG name plate for a unique yet factory appearance which will wow anyone peering under your hood.

Do it right the first time, order your Alpha 5.5L BiTurbo Carbon Fiber Intake System today!

Exclusive Benefits
  • 20-30+ HP gains
  • 20% increase in intake tubing size
  • 25% increase in turbo inlet tubing
  • Wider and deeper air filter box with a 41% increase in cross sectional area
  • Elimination of the air flow obstruction created by the stock paper filter cartridge
  • A synthetic, multi-layer media filter with a MERV rating of 9 and 41% more surface area than stock
Includes
  • Carbon fiber upper and lower air boxes
  • High-flow synthetic multi-layer media air filters
  • Carbon fiber intake tubing
  • Carbon fiber air inlets
  • Molded silicone couplers
  • All necessary hardware for installation
Applications
  • W212 2014+ E63 AMG 4Matic 5.5L Biturbo (standard or S-Model)
  • W212 2012-2013 E63 AMG 5.5L Biturbo (RWD)
Options
  • Carbon fiber computer/center engine cover
Product Notes
  • For optimal results, an Alpha tune specific to your modifications is needed

Click here to purchase: http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/a...ke-system.html

Full Induction kit without carbon fiber center cover: $4399.95
Carbon fiber center engine cover for use with Alpha Induction kit: $399.95

Old 12-01-2015, 01:14 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
For anyone wondering.... Yes it is sexier in person
Old 12-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Tal@ACGAutomotive
For anyone wondering.... Yes it is sexier in person
Get a pic up in here Tal!

Eric
Old 12-01-2015, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
That is a beautiful product there, just a little too pricey for an air induction system. 3k and you would have me. Good luck.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by KLR CLS
That is a beautiful product there, just a little too pricey for an air induction system. 3k and you would have me. Good luck.
We understand its not the cheapest but vs the competition ours is a FULL airbox not just a lid. The volume is substantially increased in all areas. Its priced because we know that with the number of cars on the road that its going to be a low volume part so the engineering time and tooling/mold costs have to be amortized over a small number of parts.

It doesn't help that its expensive to make too. This is actually our second version. the first was about $1000 more expensive which caused us to go back to the drawing board to try and find ways to make it more efficiently and cut some costs.

There is no denying that it works and works WELL! We saw 20+ whp on a stock turbo car and over 30whp on one with an upgraded turbo.....all on pump gas.

Eric
Old 12-02-2015, 07:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Based on what ive read your tune should have the car at +-600whp

Downpipes should increase another 20-30 +-

Airbox another 20-25 +-

In total without upgrading turbo we should be at about 650-660 WHP? Is that acurrate?
Old 12-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
a car
These should play nicely together....

Old 12-03-2015, 07:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 MB CLS63 AMG
These are nice, but what's the latest on the TOPS turbo pipes you guys said you were developing??
Old 12-03-2015, 09:35 AM

2012 MB CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by trboda6
Based on what ive read your tune should have the car at +-600whp

Downpipes should increase another 20-30 +-

Airbox another 20-25 +-

In total without upgrading turbo we should be at about 650-660 WHP? Is that acurrate?
Total gain isn't necessarily the sum of the advertised gains of individual parts. While the total power may sometimes equate or even surpass the sum of the advertised gains of the individual parts, that isn't always the case.

You won't always see a huge increase in hp or torque gains but you will often see a more efficiently operating engine as a result of a free flowing and less restrictive intake and exhaust combination. You will also likely see lower IATs, lower coolant temps (from an upgraded heat exchanger), the ability to decrease boost pressure to make the same power (from the intake and exhaust).
Old 12-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Very well said Yaadman! We love educated customers especially when they save me time !

I wouldn't expect 650whp with all the parts added together as eventually the factory turbo becomes your bottleneck. An engine after all is really just an air pump and if the car cant get more air in or out its going to affect its total output. With that being said would think that a full bolt on car using our parts (ALPHA 7) coupled with this airbox would be good for about 630whp on 93 octane or a bit higher.

Eric
Old 12-03-2015, 12:37 PM

2012 MB CLS63 AMG
You guys have an update on the TOPS pipes?
Old 12-04-2015, 12:29 AM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
CL63 AMG
Amazing quality, gorgeous product, I agree price is extreme. But if you have the cash and you have done everything else possible, this may be a great option.

Do y'all sell just the upgraded air filters for the stock Airbox still or does this replace that?

Also, something that may not have been mentioned, six e you are switching some of the components from metal to CF, I assume there is some additional heat reduction as well, is that correct?
Old 12-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Yaadman_AMG
You guys have an update on the TOPS pipes?
Due to the fact that engine has to be lowered to install them we are more than likely not coming to market with this part. Its still undecided. The engineering work is done we just dont know how many orders are willing to pay twice the money in labor vs the part price to install it.

Originally Posted by ML63 AMG
Amazing quality, gorgeous product, I agree price is extreme. But if you have the cash and you have done everything else possible, this may be a great option.

Do y'all sell just the upgraded air filters for the stock Airbox still or does this replace that?

Also, something that may not have been mentioned, six e you are switching some of the components from metal to CF, I assume there is some additional heat reduction as well, is that correct?
Heat reduction is a factor but it would be relatively negligible.

The filters we sell here are for this airbox which is substantially larger than stock. These filters dont work. If you are asking if we make stock replacement filters we do not.

For those commenting on the price, again its not cheap but vs the competition that only sells a lid that is the stock size and the intake tubes for $5000 we are giving you a better product, better designed and it includes more for $600 less. I dont think we are too out of line.

Eric
Old 12-07-2015, 05:06 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Porsche 991 GT3, 2012 cls63 Kleemann K3
doesnt look good. too much pointless carbon fiber.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:29 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
^^^Are you joking or being serious?? You can't really be serious, right?
Old 12-09-2015, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by will175
^^^Are you joking or being serious?? You can't really be serious, right?
yeah im serious. whats the point of hokus pokus mods like this? except to charge 3-$4000. whats the weight savings? a pound? lol. all these parts are light as a feather anyway. its nice to have carbon fiber like the way the engine came stock but theres such a thing as over doing it. this is even starting to look cheesy. plus it breaks easier.

Last edited by mainly; 12-09-2015 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by mainly
yeah im serious. whats the point of hokus pokus mods like this? except to charge 3-$4000. whats the weight savings? a pound? lol. all these parts are light as a feather anyway. It's nice to have carbon fiber like the way the engine came stock but There's such a thing as over doing it. this is even starting to look cheesy. plus it breaks easier.
??? not sure where you are getting your information but carbon fiber is one of the strongest materials you can manufacture with. There is a reason so many chassis are moving to carbon fiber and why many racing teams use it. It's very strong.

The "point" as you say of a mod like this is to make more horsepower. These boxes are good for 20-25whp on a stock turbo car and even more if you have upgraded turbos. The fact that it is a touch lighter is just a bonus. We are not advertising some miraculous amount of weight savings. We are however stating these "hokus pokus" parts make power...because they do. We dont build things that done serve a purpose. Take a look at our catalog for all the cars we support. If it doesn't improve the car we dont offer it.

If you don't like the looks of the piece then that is totally fine but do not discredit the product with false information because you don't have good information. That doesn't help anyone.

Eric
Old 12-10-2015, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by AMS_Performance
??? not sure where you are getting your information but carbon fiber is one of the strongest materials you can manufacture with. There is a reason so many chassis are moving to carbon fiber and why many racing teams use it. It's very strong.

The "point" as you say of a mod like this is to make more horsepower. These boxes are good for 20-25whp on a stock turbo car and even more if you have upgraded turbos. The fact that it is a touch lighter is just a bonus. We are not advertising some miraculous amount of weight savings. We are however stating these "hokus pokus" parts make power...because they do. We dont build things that done serve a purpose. Take a look at our catalog for all the cars we support. If it doesn't improve the car we dont offer it.

If you don't like the looks of the piece then that is totally fine but do not discredit the product with false information because you don't have good information. That doesn't help anyone.

Eric
well lets just say my information is from a credible source.

and if they do add a small amount of power, would the same power be achieved with just going with bigger parts? it isnt the carbon fiber that makes the power. lol.

the price:reward ratio for using carbon fiber on a 4200 lb car just seems silly to me. maybe in the cabin where you can see it and appreciate it all the time, but under the hood?

ill put my money elsewhere.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:55 PM

2012 MB CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by mainly
well lets just say my information is from a credible source.

and if they do add a small amount of power, would the same power be achieved with just going with bigger parts? it isnt the carbon fiber that makes the power. lol.

the price:reward ratio for using carbon fiber on a 4200 lb car just seems silly to me. maybe in the cabin where you can see it and appreciate it all the time, but under the hood?

ill put my money elsewhere.
First, I'm gonna say that I don't work for AMS, I'm not sponsored by them, and I have not one single piece of AMS product on my CLS or any other car in my household.

Also, stating information without giving examples or citing sources doesn't lend to the credibility of your information (or your source for that matter).

Hey man, whoever is telling you that carbon fiber breaks easily is not well educated. Sure, carbon fiber that is created using incorrect methods, subpar equipment, and contaminated materials will result in a less than perfect product that could very well be brittle or weak as you described. As Eric stated, there has been more than enough products created and tested using carbon fiber and have proven themselves stronger than even some metal alloys.

Carbon fiber has been used to build complete wheels (360 Forged, HRE, and a few other wheel manufacturers, as well as the factory wheels on the Koenigsegg One), its mated up to aluminum sub structures for vehicle chassis (Lambo Aventador), and its used in the aerospace industry quite a bit (space shuttles, fighters, etc.)

What's the reason? Simple. Because its both light and strong.

The point is, if a "thing" isn't for you, you don't have to publicly devalue the product. The product is advertised as both an aesthetically pleasing upgrade with an increase in power. While the gains aren't enormous and the price out of range for most, I'm sure AMS knows that they probably won't make millions of dollars off selling these.

I'm completely with you on spending on another power upgrade: turbos, exhaust, tune, etc. I always try to have a good ratio of gains:cost. The good thing is, AMS also has all those areas covered for the CLS and a number of other cars.

Hit em up for your performance needs!!

Last edited by Yaadman_AMG; 12-10-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Yaadman_AMG
First, I'm gonna say that I don't work for AMS, I'm not sponsored by them, and I have not one single piece of AMS product on my CLS or any other car in my household.

Also, stating information without giving examples or citing sources doesn't lend to the credibility of your information (or your source for that matter).

Hey man, whoever is telling you that carbon fiber breaks easily is not well educated. Sure, carbon fiber that is created using incorrect methods, subpar equipment, and contaminated materials will result in a less than perfect product that could very well be brittle or weak as you described. As Eric stated, there has been more than enough products created and tested using carbon fiber and have proven themselves stronger than even some metal alloys.

Carbon fiber has been used to build complete wheels (360 Forged, HRE, and a few other wheel manufacturers, as well as the factory wheels on the Koenigsegg One), its mated up to aluminum sub structures for vehicle chassis (Lambo Aventador), and its used in the aerospace industry quite a bit (space shuttles, fighters, etc.)

What's the reason? Simple. Because its both light and strong.

The point is, if a "thing" isn't for you, you don't have to publicly devalue the product. The product is advertised as both an aesthetically pleasing upgrade with an increase in power. While the gains aren't enormous and the price out of range for most, I'm sure AMS knows that they probably won't make millions of dollars off selling these.

I'm completely with you on spending on another power upgrade: turbos, exhaust, tune, etc. I always try to have a good ratio of gains:cost. The good thing is, AMS also has all those areas covered for the CLS and a number of other cars.

Hit em up for your performance needs!!
yeah i did hit them up. didnt see any results. went with another company.

and the person that told me about the carbon fiber breaking was a mercedes tech and mercedes parts. this was a couple years ago. im not talking about the driveline parts like the drive shaft made of carbon fiber,. im talking about those parts made of carbon fiber that are just for looks. btw. ams specialty is not in mercedes.

and what devaluing the product? im stating my opinion. and entitled to. this is a forum.

i hate the view that just because a vendor advertises some new product on here were all supposed to treat it like its the greatest thing since sliced bread?? give me a break. if you put something on here be prepared to accept the negative comments with the good. .

im not saying ams is a bad company. but ask a lot of other car people from different countries and even here in north america, and they have never heard of them.

i just dont see the value in using carbon fiber for parts like these when the performance increase doesnt come from the fact that its carbon fiber, but the price goes up huge when using it, whay not just make the parts out of the same material? seriously what is the weight savings here?

25 hp increase on a car that already makes 550 hp is anything but significant. especially for the price. i mean $4500 for 25 hp... is absolutely ridiculous. and for carbon fiber than no one will ever see.

Last edited by mainly; 12-10-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:58 AM

First off your totally able to state your views on here....BUT! not with wrong info..

Ill quickly point out first that you mentioned people in other countries have not heard of AMS.. You sir are seriously mistaken. AMS is one of the few privately owned aftermarket companies here in the US which are known Worldwide....

You said you touched bases with AMS about there Mercedes line and you didn't see results? Again very doubtful. They have made huge strides in the Benz model lineup in such a short period compared to others in the game. And they make power, dont see how you can't see that..

You stated that Benz is not there Specialty..Since you know so well, could you explain to us what you think there specialty is...Making cars go fast, may be. Yes, there are well known for Omega and countless other Alpha GTR builds/parts...But did you know they do so much more then that? I was very excited when the decided to get involved with the Benz market. If they had the support and market for it, they could take the new benz line up very far...Every wonder what a 1200awhp CLS63 would feel like. I could only imagine, I would of gave my 1400awhp GTR up for that...

You also said a 20-25WHP is just a little improvement..Again, how is that a little. That is WHEEL HP not crank on a Stock car. It says you own a GT3, so I have no idea how you could say that additional WHP is really nothing. A 25whp increase on your GT3 would be very significant.

And as mentioned REAL CF is very strong.

Oh I got another good one. I have a Weistec tune on my CLS63 on top of down pipes and filters...Had a buddy with the same mods you just did..I pulled him pretty easy with my CLS63...Here is the good part, I have another buddy with a AMS tuned CLS63 with DPs and he walked me...Do you still think AMS doesn't make power, and they do it with real tuning knowledge. I have to run Weistec spark plugs, where as AMS you do not. Stock plugs all day with no issues....Just pointing out facts here bud. We all want to hear each others opinion, but please next time commenting on a paying Vendors products state the facts if your criticizing them. And that goes for all the Vendors on here not just AMS..Granted Eric is a really good guy.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by will175
First off your totally able to state your views on here....BUT! not with wrong info..

Ill quickly point out first that you mentioned people in other countries have not heard of AMS.. You sir are seriously mistaken. AMS is one of the few privately owned aftermarket companies here in the US which are known Worldwide....

You said you touched bases with AMS about there Mercedes line and you didn't see results? Again very doubtful. They have made huge strides in the Benz model lineup in such a short period compared to others in the game. And they make power, dont see how you can't see that..

You stated that Benz is not there Specialty..Since you know so well, could you explain to us what you think there specialty is...Making cars go fast, may be. Yes, there are well known for Omega and countless other Alpha GTR builds/parts...But did you know they do so much more then that? I was very excited when the decided to get involved with the Benz market. If they had the support and market for it, they could take the new benz line up very far...Every wonder what a 1200awhp CLS63 would feel like. I could only imagine, I would of gave my 1400awhp GTR up for that...

You also said a 20-25WHP is just a little improvement..Again, how is that a little. That is WHEEL HP not crank on a Stock car. It says you own a GT3, so I have no idea how you could say that additional WHP is really nothing. A 25whp increase on your GT3 would be very significant.

And as mentioned REAL CF is very strong.

Oh I got another good one. I have a Weistec tune on my CLS63 on top of down pipes and filters...Had a buddy with the same mods you just did..I pulled him pretty easy with my CLS63...Here is the good part, I have another buddy with a AMS tuned CLS63 with DPs and he walked me...Do you still think AMS doesn't make power, and they do it with real tuning knowledge. I have to run Weistec spark plugs, where as AMS you do not. Stock plugs all day with no issues....Just pointing out facts here bud. We all want to hear each others opinion, but please next time commenting on a paying Vendors products state the facts if your criticizing them. And that goes for all the Vendors on here not just AMS..Granted Eric is a really good guy.

look you moron.

25 whp is significant on a gt3 yes, but not a 4200 lb sedan. that already has 600 lbft of torque. you wouldnt even feel 25 hp. no chance in hell.

Oh I got another good one. I have a Weistec tune on my CLS63 on top of down pipes and filters...Had a buddy with the same mods you just did..I pulled him pretty easy with my CLS63...Here is the good part, I have another buddy with a AMS tuned CLS63 with DPs and he walked me...
and besides these are all CLAIMED results. go buy it for $4500 and dyno the before and after results. and ill bet you want see no 25 hp gains.

so 3 nearly identical cars, identically modded yest with one faster than the next, by a lot?

sounds like legitimate races to me. lol

and you expect me to give you any credit for stating that?

oh right it must be because ams tune and dp's are MAGIC! lol....

and of course if you do dyno it and dont show the 25 hp gains they claimed.. what are you gonna do? oh, well the dynos may not be accurate, or there may be all sorts of reason why the gains didnt show..
lol

25 hp for $4500

give me a freakin break.

no reputable company would even bother trying to sell this nonsense to someone. and you are one gullible fool if you pay $4500 for a few pieces of carbon fiber that do absolutely nothing.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Thank you Will and Yaadman, you beat me to it. You are too kind!

Being a Mercedes Tech doesn't make you an expert on carbon fiber. Just like ANYTHING else in the world there are good and bad versions of product. You can make cheap "carbon fiber" but usually that's because its only partially carbon fiber. ie a carbon fiber sheet over a fiberglass base. Not what we are doing here.

Again I go back to my statement about costs to manufacture that you seemed to skip over Mr. Mainly. If we were going to sell 1000 of these a year then yes we could have made them out of plastic and sold them a lesser price point. The problem is we are not going to sell 10% of that even at a really low price point. An injection mold for a plastic part like this (there would be several of them) is insanely expensive. So while the per part price at our cost would be less in plastic the tooling and mold cost that we would need to amortize over those few units would make it just as if not MORE expensive. So when given the option carbon fiber was a no brainer.

If you dont like the product then move on. We are not being aggressive in how we offer it. We are simply presenting a nice part and letting those who are interested purchase it. So far we have sold a good number and those that have bought it are extremely happy.

no reputable company would even bother trying to sell this nonsense to someone. and you are one gullible fool if you pay $4500 for a few pieces of carbon fiber that do absolutely nothing.
One of the biggest Mercedes aftermarket companies in the world is selling a carbon airbox lid with carbon inlet tubes...almost half of what we include for $5000. I wont post their link out of respect to them but i'm sure you can find it within about 30 seconds.

As far your statement of "didnt see any results" why dont you PM your name. I would love to look up your invoice and see what we sold you that didn't produce as you expected. We take our products very seriously and if there is a dissatisfied customer we would love the opportunity to make it right.

Eric

Last edited by AMS_Performance; 12-11-2015 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:39 AM

Last edited by will175; 12-12-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:18 AM

Lol... You talk of me being a keyboard warrior... You give the phrase a whole new meaning.

The fact that you don't want to say what you do for a living makes me think Its probably something illegal.

Nevermid I don't really care. But whatever it is, judging from your grammar, I really suggest you take a year off of Rosetta stone and Sesame Street. Then re-Attempt.

Threatening someone on an internet forum though... That really takes the cake. Grow up you lowlife piece of crap.

Last edited by Rock; 12-12-2015 at 11:35 PM. Reason: requested by will175

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ALPHA Performanc Carbon Fiber Intake / Induction system *RELEASE*