Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > CLS55 AMG, CLS63 AMG (W219, W218) > W219
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

W219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #1

Drives: Lexus; BMW; WTB AMG CLS or SL
Bluetooth Question

Hi, I'm shopping for a 2007-08 CLS 63 AMG. I test drove one at a local dealer and was trying to determine if it had bluetooth. There was a button for the phone, but I couldn't figure out a way to set up a phone. The salesman at the dealer had no idea.

I called a guy who has one for sale locally (at a crazy high price) and asked him about it. He said he never figured out how to set up the bluetooth.

There are a few posts here talking about a "puck" that is needed. The are from cartronics, trying to sell their products, but their site is down or doesn't exist anymore.

Can someone please explain how this works so I know what to look for when shopping? In particular, are all 2007-08 CLS AMGs wired for bluetooth, and what is needed is this "puck" thing to make it work? Will it work for any phone?

Thank you in advance.
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

adamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #2

Drives: CLS55 AMG
hi adamski,

i have an 06 cls55 with bluetooth but it didn't have the "puck" when i bought it. i found one on ebay for about $120 similar to this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-09-MERCED...ht_5273wt_1011
plug it into the armrest cabinet and sync to your phone. pretty easy.
ripgut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #3

Drives: 08 CLS63 AMG
Good call - I've got an 08 (without the puck) and never got mine figured out. I think they all disappear when traded into an off-brand dealership.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:14 PM   #4

Drives: CLS55 AMG
just make sure you have this plug before you go buy the puck. if it's not wired, don't bother buying the puck. see this posting for photos.
http://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg-...-my-cls55.html
ripgut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #5

Thank you all. That is very helpful!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #6

Drives: CLS 63 ////AMG
High School thing no one should use anymore. You guys dont wanna follow me. Im fairly annoying I really have no clue what this is ThEcARguRuKinG PSN Sucks
Yupppp, If its prewired, youre good to go... If not....have fun....those "pucks" can be a bit pricey just for a damn bluetooth setup, I didnt bother, becuase frankly, I like music, and my exhaust note over people's voices...

Theyre all over eBay....sooo just search for your car year and model.....pretty simple after that
Old 07-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmarYasirA View Post
and my exhaust note over people's voices...
+1 Yes, that's why I mostly have the music on when I'm cruising at constant highway speed.
otakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmarYasirA View Post
frankly, I like music, and my exhaust note over people's voices...
LOL, I also definitely prefer music or a nice exhaust note...but when you have to make calls, bluetooth sure is convenient.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamski View Post
LOL, I also definitely prefer music or a nice exhaust note...but when you have to make calls, bluetooth sure is convenient.
Definitely. I wasn't going to use it when I first got my car since I'm not the kind of person who is into gadgets. Then I said, "what da heck--I paid for it, I might as well use all the features." So I took time to learn to pair my old RAZR to it. Moreover, I don't like using the phone to my ear since I'm paranoid about brain tumor and all that.

Now look at me, I prefer to use the car's bluetooth phone feature when traveling.
otakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:28 PM

Tags
06, 2007, 55, 63, amg, benz, bluetooth, call, cls, cls55, install, making, mercedes, phone, setup, wired