C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Halogen to Xenon swap on CLS63

Old 04-17-2014, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CLS63
Halogen to Xenon swap on CLS63

Looking to swap out my stock halogen assemblies for the Bi-Xenon Adaptives. Has anyone done this? Do I just need the headlight assemblies with the HID bulbs/ballast and the AFC computer?
Old 04-17-2014, 07:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everything you've mentioned above + STAR xenon decoding :-)
I believe it's going cost more than $2k to complete this project.
I'd just buy a set of canbus HID kit. Have your local MB dealership set the light as xenon presence. You'd be glad that you did :-)
Ned
Old 04-17-2014, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
Get a Morimoto kit! DDMTuning is cheaper but I've had some compatibility issues, then just get matching halogen high beams like Phillips DiamondVision 5000ks
Old 04-18-2014, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CLS63
I'm stopping by my speed shop this afternoon to get their take on it. The owner there had a 550 and he's saying my lows should be HID....that there's 3 option levels on the car: all halogen, HID/halogen and the Bi-Xenon. I don't think that's correct but we'll find out.

Putting the finishing touches on the stereo upgrade....yeah!!!

But I gotta say this MOST fiber optic system is not cheap to play with.

Going with custom sub box and amp rack in the truck against the back seat, carpeted to match, all new Hertz speakers through out and a Bit Ten processor. $$$$
Old 04-19-2014, 12:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2008 CLS 63 amg
Originally Posted by JStones
I'm stopping by my speed shop this afternoon to get their take on it. The owner there had a 550 and he's saying my lows should be HID....that there's 3 option levels on the car: all halogen, HID/halogen and the Bi-Xenon. I don't think that's correct but we'll find out.

Putting the finishing touches on the stereo upgrade....yeah!!!

But I gotta say this MOST fiber optic system is not cheap to play with.

Going with custom sub box and amp rack in the truck against the back seat, carpeted to match, all new Hertz speakers through out and a Bit Ten processor. $$$$
Nice for a fellow AMG'er with a Audison Bit 10 Processor. I did this 2 years ago.......running all Focal Separates in the Front and Co-Ax in the Rear with an Alpine Digital PDX amp. My rear trunk is powered by a JLAudio 500/1 and 2 Alpine Type R 10's........

The Bit 10...is night and day difference with sound control...and mounted my Audison controller in the astray section..to control the subs at my leisure.