C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

Lowering and alignment and tire wear issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Lowering and alignment and tire wear issues

So I have been researching lowering our cars and addressing alignment and tire wear issues.. From what I have read once you lower the car you can fix the alignment and Camber wear with the KMAC kits. Unfortunately it sounds like there are issues with the rear KMac kits and I don't want to have to deal with something like this.. Do we have any other options when lowering?

How much lower than stock can you go before you run into tire wear issues with the stock parts?

thanks
Old 04-25-2014, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 55 AMG
subscribe
Old 04-28-2014, 01:41 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by supraman95
So I have been researching lowering our cars and addressing alignment and tire wear issues.. From what I have read once you lower the car you can fix the alignment and Camber wear with the KMAC kits. Unfortunately it sounds like there are issues with the rear KMac kits and I don't want to have to deal with something like this.. Do we have any other options when lowering?

How much lower than stock can you go before you run into tire wear issues with the stock parts?

thanks

There's no issues with the rear kits! We've been manufacturing and have proven this design concept over 18 years.

Virtually maintenance free - fit and forget. Allowing full adjustability - Camber with extra Toe to compensate for this new facility.

Did have feedback re problems caused by nuts not being fully tight but this can be expected with any loose suspension component. We quickly resolved with a unique fail safe lock feature.

Mercedes - a performance vehicle yet only front and rear Toe adjustment ex-factory.

K-MAC front and rear kits allow to return vehicle to factory specs to fix premature inner edge tire wear, steering pull, improve traction and steering response.

A result of altering height or tire size. Fitting wide profile tires or simply having ongoing adjustment capability for curb knock damage or being able to change settings on track days.

Re other options - for the rear there are "upper adjustable link arms with spherical bearing rod ends". But these are rigid unlike the K-MAC elastomer bushings. So as anyone in the race industry would confirm soon pound out allowing metal to metal contact with resultant rattles and squeaks.

Also these upper links means top of tire is moved outwards to overcome inner edge tire wear but this results in all important reduction of tire to outer fender clearance!