C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

My CLS 55 AMG drivers headrest won't go up and down

Old 12-21-2014, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 55 AMG
My CLS 55 AMG drivers headrest won't go up and down

Loves my CLS 55 AMG...Only had it for a week or so, and everything works. Except one thing. The drivers side head rest will not move up and down with the little button on the driver side control. The passenger side works fine, goes up and down about 4 inches or so.

I have read about a resetting feature of the active headrest that apparently is for a rear end collision that will cause the headrests to move forward to support the head in case you are rear ended.

Two questions...
1. Where is the fuse that lives in that switch circuit for the drivers side head rest up and down function? That's what I'd like to check first.

2. If there had been a rear end collision at one time, would this cause the headrest not to go up and down with that top switch on the doors control panel if it were not "reset"? I may or may not have that tool that looks like an alan wrench to rest it. Haven't really looked for it. I don't know if it needs resetting at all. Or if that is relevant to the problem.

I cannot imagine what Mercedes Benz in Gainesville will want to fix that little problem, if I can find a fix on my own it would be a definite $avings...

Sorry about the duplication, I put it on the wrong forum first time....

Thanks in advance
Dave...