C219 CLS55 and CLS63, 2004-2010

New to the AMG world!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 CLS55 AMG
New to the AMG world!

Well my uncle gave me a killer deal on his '06 CLS55 AMG and I am now the proud owner of a black, 46k mile 55.

I am a Mustang guy to the core and that's where I get my adrenaline/speed fixes but I can respect all vehicles especially one as amazing as this AMG!
My uncle bought it used in 2009 and let me drive it multiple times and I was immediately hooked, I never imagined I would be able to own it but thanks to depreciation and his generosity I was able to make it work.

Being in college with these payments, I will be hard pressed to mod it but I definitely want to get a pulley/tune on it this year and most likely get the resonators deleted until I can afford full exhaust sometime next year. For the time being, that will most likely be it in the performance department.

So far I am looking to go with Eurocharged for the ECU tune/pulley combo. Most likely the 83mm since it is my DD, or does anyone daily with the 77mm? Once you go down to that small of a pulley, is the heat exchanger and IC pump a necessity? To my understanding, the 83mm pulley with tune will be perfectly fine without cooling upgrades but I will definitely get the IC pump regardless when funds allow.

As far as looks go, I am contemplating sending the stock wheels to get powdercoated gloss black and dipping a couple chrome pieces on the car black to blend it in, but leaving some pieces chrome to pop with the silver calipers (until I can afford a nice set of 20's). However, I am starting to really like how the car looks as it sits so I may decide otherwise. I will also be getting the windows tinted within a week or two.

Please give any input/suggestions as I am open to everything while I learn more about this car!

Mine and my father's built/TT 5.0 aka the race car. I am very blessed to be able to share this car among others with my dad as we both have a passion/hobby with cars.