Help with some issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 05:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Help with some issues

Hi all,

I just recently pick up a 2010 CLS 63. I'm running into a few issues, and was hoping someone here can help me or guide me in the right direction to get these issues fixed.

Problems:
My right headlight auto level is not working working its stuck on the down position.
- Is there a module that is shot? or do i have to replace the whole light ?

Rear driver door does not react to keyless controls, it does not unlock or lock the car. But you can still open the door?
- Is there a fix for this? or does it have to be replaced.
Any help will be really appreciated.

Side note; I saw a few posts that says you can cage the logo on the command unit to say AMG instead of Mercedes Benz? is that possible on this car. Trying the 7/5/3 key did not do anything at all.

thanks for the help in advance. Here is what the car looks like.
Attached Thumbnails Help with some issues-rear-side.jpg   Help with some issues-e3337a5b7fa9216f5a0e767e21ccb10dx.jpg  
Old 01-27-2017, 08:18 AM

2011 CLS63 AMG
Nice ride!

As for the door lock I had the same issue on my rear drivers door too. Did have to get the whole assy changed out and think it was like 400.00 at the dealer.

Not sure about the headlight but I am guessing it will be the whole headlight.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:52 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2011 CLS63 AMG
If everything else is right with the CLS - then you have an almost perfect car! (Love those wheels!)
Old 01-27-2017, 01:23 PM

03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by Mike Johnson
Nice ride!

As for the door lock I had the same issue on my rear drivers door too. Did have to get the whole assy changed out and think it was like 400.00 at the dealer.

Not sure about the headlight but I am guessing it will be the whole headlight.
Thanks the reply, that sucks about the door handle... Annoying considering that it needs to be painted.

Originally Posted by RobSmith
If everything else is right with the CLS - then you have an almost perfect car! (Love those wheels!)
Thanks for the complement. Yeah I did luck out on this car for sure, it has a lot of features. Some of it i don't yet know how to use. lol

The car for some reason has an remote start and has a back up camera. Both options are not factory, and the camera is not working at the moment (or i don't know how to activate it) and the remote start works sometimes and does not sometimes. So thats a little confusing.