Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Change Brake Pads - DIY on 2001 / W203

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 08:49 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C240 Elegance Auto Lthr
Change Brake Pads - DIY on 2001 / W203

Hi Everyone,

I am looking into the possibility of changing my own brake pads on my 2001 W203 C240 and was wondering if there were any online guides on how to do it (step by step). ps. I live in the UK so can't visit Tire Rack - Sorry!!

I've heard that it takes about 1 minute from the time you have taken the wheel off. Can it really be this simple? I have also heard that the front brake pads only have wear sensors and that these must be changed at the same time as the old ones will not be removable without breaking them. I have learnt that the rear pads have no wear sensors.

I have also been informed that there could be one of three different types of pads for the 2001 W203 - pot luck as to which one's I have - I will need the full chassis number. Is that correct.

Cheers, Paul S
Old 06-18-2003, 03:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Subaru Legacy GT Limited
Any chance you can post a pic of your front caliper? If it's anything like that of a W210 E-class's, I have a link at work that I'll post up tomorrow...

As for the correct part number, check out bimmerparts.com, they'll ask you the year of your car to determine the exact part number. (And yes, despite the name, they do stock MB parts...I got front pads for my mom's W210 a few months back.)

Last edited by AJChenMPH; 06-18-2003 at 03:15 AM.