Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

W203 on H&R springs and front camber is totally out of wack with adj bolts. Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 08:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2007 c280
W203 on H&R springs and front camber is totally out of wack with adj bolts. Help!

I'm really in need of some help guys. I lowered my w203 on H&R springs and have been wrestling with my camber ever since.

The rear I was able to get right in spec with a set of rear adjustable camber arms that I pieced together myself.

The front is completely crazy. I installed a set of adjustable upper strut hole lobed camber bolts that were supposed to bet me up to 1.75 degrees. Well when I went for alignment today this is the best they could accomplish with the bolts installed.

W203 on H&R springs and front camber is totally out of wack with adj bolts. Help!-fac73e22-a0fe-41f3-9b60-f4217d2d560c_zpsr4xqg5wm.jpg

Anyone have any thoughts? I'll installed the merecedes crash bolts but from what I read they can only net me another .3 degrees of camber play.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to how I can eliminate more negative camber?

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!

Here's the car in question:

W203 on H&R springs and front camber is totally out of wack with adj bolts. Help!-5165a4de-09d5-42c8-83f4-f5d063892824_zpsrdwawovb.jpg
Old 08-05-2014, 02:09 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by Stuka Bomber
I'm really in need of some help guys. I lowered my w203 on H&R springs and have been wrestling with my camber ever since.

The rear I was able to get right in spec with a set of rear adjustable camber arms that I pieced together myself.

The front is completely crazy. I installed a set of adjustable upper strut hole lobed camber bolts that were supposed to bet me up to 1.75 degrees. Well when I went for alignment today this is the best they could accomplish with the bolts installed.

Anyone have any thoughts? I'll installed the merecedes crash bolts but from what I read they can only net me another .3 degrees of camber play.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to how I can eliminate more negative camber?

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!

It's no wonder - since the mid 90 model’s, there has been no Camber and Caster adjustment facility fitted OEM!

Only current adjustment is front and rear Toe.

To attempt to return vehicle to factory specs to resolve premature inner edge tire wear, improve traction, fix steering pull, increase/decrease negative Camber the only current alternative for Camber and Caster is to fit offset, slotted bolts. But these are inaccurate one only position bolts offering a minimal .3 of one degree adjustment (3mm).

Many owners continually change tire brands or go from one MB Dealer or alignment shop to another trying to get it right/fix the problem.

The current K-MAC W203 kits have up to 3 times the adjustment of the one position offset bolts (both Positive or Negative). And unlike these offset bolts they can be accurately adjusted - under load, direct on alignment turntable (no need to remove and reinstall each time).

For the rear, similar kits for precise Camber adjustment with additional Toe to compensate for the new Camber facility. Unlike the alternative adjustable Camber arms K-MAC rear kits do not move top of tire outwards - this reducing all important clearance to outer fender when adjusting to fix premature inner edge tire wear/improve rear traction.

Also at K-MAC we have developed these kits with long life maintenance free elastomer bushings with just the right amount of flex to get power to the ground, maximum traction. Unlike the spherical bearings used in Camber arms that soon pound out allowing metal to metal contact.

Bonus with the four front and four rear bushes is that they are designed with twice the load bearing area and also replace the highest wearing suspension bushings. And with K-MAC no special tools are required to fit.

Old 08-05-2014, 05:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2007 c280
Originally Posted by K-Mac

It's no wonder - since the mid 90 model’s, there has been no Camber and Caster adjustment facility fitted OEM!

Only current adjustment is front and rear Toe.

To attempt to return vehicle to factory specs to resolve premature inner edge tire wear, improve traction, fix steering pull, increase/decrease negative Camber the only current alternative for Camber and Caster is to fit offset, slotted bolts. But these are inaccurate one only position bolts offering a minimal .3 of one degree adjustment (3mm).

Many owners continually change tire brands or go from one MB Dealer or alignment shop to another trying to get it right/fix the problem.

The current K-MAC W203 kits have up to 3 times the adjustment of the one position offset bolts (both Positive or Negative). And unlike these offset bolts they can be accurately adjusted - under load, direct on alignment turntable (no need to remove and reinstall each time).

For the rear, similar kits for precise Camber adjustment with additional Toe to compensate for the new Camber facility. Unlike the alternative adjustable Camber arms K-MAC rear kits do not move top of tire outwards - this reducing all important clearance to outer fender when adjusting to fix premature inner edge tire wear/improve rear traction.

Also at K-MAC we have developed these kits with long life maintenance free elastomer bushings with just the right amount of flex to get power to the ground, maximum traction. Unlike the spherical bearings used in Camber arms that soon pound out allowing metal to metal contact.

Bonus with the four front and four rear bushes is that they are designed with twice the load bearing area and also replace the highest wearing suspension bushings. And with K-MAC no special tools are required to fit.

Happen to have a price on the kmac kit for an 07 4matic c280?

I tried to price them out in the past and I believe it was something like $80 for shipping alone. Can that be right?

Greatly appreciated!
Old 08-05-2014, 11:33 PM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by Stuka Bomber
Happen to have a price on the kmac kit for an 07 4matic c280?

I tried to price them out in the past and I believe it was something like $80 for shipping alone. Can that be right?

Greatly appreciated!

'07 4 Matic C280 (W203) - Front kit (Precise Camber Caster adjustment) 4 times the adjustment range of the offset, slotted bolts is part number 502216K $480.

Rear kit (Camber and also with extra Toe adjustment) part number is 501926J $380.

Re shipping - this month of August (MB World members) FedEx air is $35 to USA/Canada.