Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

94 SL600 ADS suspension advice needed...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Volvo xc70
94 SL600 ADS suspension advice needed...

Hello all,
I am inline to inherit a fairly decent 1994 sl600 from one of my fathers co-workers and I am the current caretaker. It had the usual biodegradable wiring harness fixed and now I have been set the task of fixing the wonderful ADS . I come from the Volvo community and I thought the 4C system in the s60r/v70r was bad. I never thought I would come across something worse! The problem with the suspension is that it is riding rather rough (I'm assuming blown spheres), the switch does absolutely nothing except light up, and it leaks hydraulic fluid somewhere near the reservoir. The owner wants to just ditch the system and i don't blame her. So we are putting to geter a list of things in order to convert it to fixed suspension and this is what we have so far
-H&R lowering springs
-sl500 Bilsteins
-shock mounts(?)
It is also my understanding that the control arms in the 600's are shorter but we are not concerned as we are looking for a somewhat "stanced" look as it does have a pretty nice set of OZ MAE three-piece wheels on it. Any parts/advice necessary to complete this job would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-24-2014, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Volvo xc70
Also is it strictly necessary to replace the springs or will sl500 shocks work with sl600 springs?