Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Tire pressure question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
Tire pressure question

Hi guys, I have a 2013 GLK 350 4Matic, and today I went to check the tire pressure of the tires at the gas station and noticed all of them are around 20 psi. After looking at the normal psi on the fuel door( the gas lid thing), I pumped the tires up to that normal value (NOT MAX, just the normal) , which is 35 front and 38 back. And then i told my friend about this and he said i shouldn't have pumped them because it's winter(I am in Toronto, so temperature can get quite low during winter), so the tire pressures are supposed to be lower, and when it gets warm it'll cause damage to the tires.

I am not an expert on cars, so I am just asking should i not have pumped the tires instead? What should I do now?
Old 12-16-2014, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
14'G63 AMG ,1994 Mercedes E500, 2020 Range Rover HST
You are good, keep your tire pressure as recommended by your manual(whatever it shows on the fuel door sticker). Make sure you don't ride on 20psi now that was way too low and bad for your tires..