Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Nutek wheel order Disaster! Please Read!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63
Nutek wheel order Disaster! Please Read!

I am posting this as a heads up for anyone interested in purchasing Nutek wheels. I wish I had read a posting like this before I had ordered my wheels. Here is my story….

I placed an order with a vendor I regularly use, Auto Sound Performance (ASP), on September 10th. Although ASP had never ordered from Nutek, they had plenty of good things to say about their style and build quality. After deciding on the model I wanted, the 708’s, ASP placed my order. As a result of the custom wheel design (ie: concave, clearance for 14” Brembo’s, specific lip, etc.) the wheels ended up costing a total of 10K. When the wheels were ordered, I was given a scheduled delivery date of 4-5 weeks. Sounds fine, right??

5 weeks later (October 15th ) no wheels and no contact what so ever. ASP called the sales rep from Nutek (Kendo) and was told that because they were relocating their shop and that SEMA was just around the corner they were behind schedule, which was not mentioned at the time of the order. At that point, they said that the wheels were out to the finishers and we would see them in 2 weeks, just before SEMA. 2 weeks later (October 29th) no wheels. ASP contacted Nutek again and was told that they did not get finished and they would be closed for a week because they were at SEMA. Although they promised they would be done within 2 weeks of them being back from SEMA. 3 weeks later no wheels.

Around the December 1st I decided to take matters into my own hand and contact Nutek directly. I spoke to Kendo the sales rep and he apologized, but he wanted another couple of weeks to finish them. I said this was not going to work and that I needed to speak with the owner. At that point I spoke to Anthony Thomson – President of Nutek wheels. He apologized for the delay and promised he would have them to my door no later than January 7st, even if he had to deliver them himself. Also as compensation for the delay he would refund the shipping. I had him write this into an email and send it to me for my records. Here it is….

If anyone would like to see a screen shot of the original please don’t hesitate to ask.

“Tom,
This email is to review my verbal agreement to you to concerning your Series 708 wheels for your 1967 Camaro. I agree to ensure you receive the wheels no later than 1/7/15 and in return for the extended delay, I am also going to refund to you (via Auto Sound and Performance) the shipping charge for this order. Again, thanks for being patient as you have during our relocation process and the SEMA convention.

Anthony Thompson
Nutek Wheels - President
4516 Runway St. Unit B
Simi Valley, Ca. 93063
805-526-6883
www.nutekwheels.com”

Well you guessed it. January 7th no wheels, nor any contact what so ever from Nutek. I called ASP to see if they had heard anything and they told me that they had just received an email the day before stating that they were going to be delayed until January 22nd. At this point I called to speak with Anthony Thompson to find out what was going on and was told that he was busy and that he would call me back. No call back. January 22nd no wheels. ASP and I have contacted Nutek on several occasions to find out what is going on and we both keep getting the run around. Apparently, Kendo is no longer with the company and Anthony Thompson is just too busy to take our calls or call either of us back.

As of today February 6th (5 months later!) no wheels, nor any contact what so ever from Nutek. I have never dealt with such an unprofessional company in my life. Please repost my story on any forum to help others avoid the nightmare I am going through. Thanks for reading.

Tom

I'm not really worried about the money. I put it on a credit card, I'll get my money back. I'm posting this more to put the word out on how these guys do business. Also I'm hoping people share this. Or if anyone has any other forums they would recommend posting this on I'll do it myself. Thanks
Old 02-08-2015, 02:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
14'G63 AMG ,1994 Mercedes E500, 2020 Range Rover HST
You should get those wheels half price at this point, or get your money back and go with ADV, People over there are beyond awesome and they sell quality and beautiful wheels.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:24 PM

2014 CLA 45
Response

I am responding to this thread about my business and issue that occurred. We took the order 10/21. We got a deposit from our customer a few days later for $2600. We placed the order for the raw materials and got it 2 weeks later than we expected (after we arrived back from SEMA). We had scheduled months in advance our facility move to a larger site in Simi Valley. We moved at the end of November. The move didn't go as well as planned and we were behind do to the movers dropping the machine and causing production delays.

We own the delay in shipping the product to Tom and I did speak with him and explained this. We have since refunded immediately the full deposit we received from our customer. We have had growing pains and in 15 months since I've bought this company this was the first time I ever had to return a deposit to the customer or missed on a delivery we confirmed. Because of the poor customer service in this transaction, I have revamped our entire sales staff to limit this in the future. As the owner, I am willing to work to make this right for both of us.

Again, this is not the foundation I have built this business on and I personally take this as a learning opportunity for me and our staff.

Obviously, this isn't what we like to hear, but we offer a challenge for anyone to find a customer that has dealt with us prior or since our move to have anything but excellent feedback on our business. There is a reason we grew 475% in the first year of business under my leadership.

Last edited by Nutekwheels; 02-11-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:55 AM

c63
Ok… Let’s go with what Mr. Thompson said. September is when I placed the order with ASP and when I gave them the deposit, which was 5K. 10K was the retail price on the wheels delivered. Am I wrong Mr. Thomson?

Regardless of September or October Mr. Thomson is still extremely delayed. SEMA and the move were not explained as production time issues when ordering the wheels. It was 4-5 weeks to my door, period. I understand that things come up but it’s all about communication which had been nonexistent until I contacted Mr. Thomson.

Mr. Thomson still has not contacted me as of today. I’m glad Mr. Thomson was prompt to reply to this post though.

I’m glad Mr. Thomson is explaining his company’s difficulties with forum members even though he has not contacted me since his email on December 22nd. His post above is the first I have heard from his company.

Refund? How does that make sense? Why would he refund my order without contacting me? I wanted the wheels. I did do a charge back on my card recently because of the lack of contact, which resulted in ASP doing the same.

What ever.. Mr. Thomson and Nutek are a joke.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:25 AM

2014 CLA 45
Tom, I'm not sure what you left for a deposit as that's between you and your dealer. All we can tell you is what we got. I'm not going to get into disrespectful things in social media or any other avenues. As I said before, you are free to call the office Monday and we can discuss this like gentlemen. I'm the owner and everything starts and stops with me. The lack of communication falls on me and I own that. Any other thing about financial things, we do not owe you or anyone else anything. We are a fully debt free multi-million operation.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:52 PM

c63
Originally Posted by Nutekwheels
Tom, I'm not sure what you left for a deposit as that's between you and your dealer. All we can tell you is what we got. I'm not going to get into disrespectful things in social media or any other avenues. As I said before, you are free to call the office Monday and we can discuss this like gentlemen. I'm the owner and everything starts and stops with me. The lack of communication falls on me and I own that. Any other thing about financial things, we do not owe you or anyone else anything. We are a fully debt free multi-million operation.
Mr. Thomson, I’ve called your company several times over the last few months. I spoke with Kendo and your son Anthony. Both of them expressed your concerns and said you would call me back immediately. I never received a call back. I can post my phone records if you’d like exposing you even more. It would show several outgoing calls and nothing coming back. What is astonishing to me is that you still haven’t contact me but you keep defending my posts. I’m not trash talking, I’m telling the truth and you know it. I promise you the more you defend my posts the more the truth will unveil.

This was not just about the money. I charged it on a credit card; I knew I’d get my money back. It is about how much time you wasted of mine and the shop where the car is being worked on. They need the wheels to finish the car. As a result of your delays the car has been sitting on a lift getting charged storage fees for the past few months, which I’ll have to pay for.

Respect? Are you kidding me? It wasn't like it was just poor communication; you straight up purposely ignored my calls. Now you’re battling it out with me on a forum instead of calling me and working this out. It was your lack of respect that had me start this thread.

I am also a business owner and I have never treated a customer as you and your company has treated me. If I was in your position I would feel incredibly embarrassed and would do everything I could to defuse the situation. Not ignore the situation completely, which has ended up bothering me the most.

You’re right on one thing though. Calling you and your company a joke was unprofessional. I apologize. From this point forward it will only be facts.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:56 PM

c63
I got more for ya. ASP posted our concerns to Nutek's instagram. ASP's post was immediately deleted. Then some of his followers busted him out for it. Also another company, instagram name concavewheels, expressed similar problems as we had. Here are screen shots of the posts. ASP post was deleted before the screen shot, although concavewheels comment are there.

Also the sole reason ASP and I chose Nutek for this build was their promise to the automotive community to be better than the rest. Although, thus so far have been nothing but the worst. The deposit was not once an issue, if they needed more money that should have been communicated.

There was no refund! ASP also did a charge back. If you would like me to get proof and post please don't hesitate to ask.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
A fancy website and someone to make these prototypes and all of a sudden you're a wheel company.

These start up wheel companies are generally gone as quickly as they pop up.

The delay is one thing and I know that happens with aftermarket stuff.

The lack of communication is another. Saying that "I own it", is great, but it seems the company hasn't done anything to either deliver the wheels or give the man a guaranteed delivery date that might actually happen.

If you know you are moving and going to sema, why the hell would you tell him he would get his wheels so soon?

sigh, this is rookie ****.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:46 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
06 CLS55 & 2011 G55
Originally Posted by Nutekwheels
I am responding to this thread about my business and issue that occurred. We took the order 10/21. We got a deposit from our customer a few days later for $2600. We placed the order for the raw materials and got it 2 weeks later than we expected (after we arrived back from SEMA). We had scheduled months in advance our facility move to a larger site in Simi Valley. We moved at the end of November. The move didn't go as well as planned and we were behind do to the movers dropping the machine and causing production delays.

We own the delay in shipping the product to Tom and I did speak with him and explained this. We have since refunded immediately the full deposit we received from our customer. We have had growing pains and in 15 months since I've bought this company this was the first time I ever had to return a deposit to the customer or missed on a delivery we confirmed. Because of the poor customer service in this transaction, I have revamped our entire sales staff to limit this in the future. As the owner, I am willing to work to make this right for both of us.

Again, this is not the foundation I have built this business on and I personally take this as a learning opportunity for me and our staff.

Obviously, this isn't what we like to hear, but we offer a challenge for anyone to find a customer that has dealt with us prior or since our move to have anything but excellent feedback on our business. There is a reason we grew 475% in the first year of business under my leadership.
Sounds like a big story to me. You should have just said he ****ed up and here is how we will fix it. Our customers matter. Not look how fast we are growing brag brag

If you want a challenge send the guy his wheels for FREE so he can brag about your customer service. At 475% growth im sure you can afford to give away one set of wheels.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 S63, 2012 E550, 2005 E55, 2005 SL55, 2013 SL63, 2020 AMG GT, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2001 SL500
Glad I read this. I was really digging on the 801's or the 805's.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,321 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Will never touch nutek

Thanks for this thread!
Old 02-12-2015, 03:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by scottyOTM
Sounds like a big story to me. You should have just said he ****ed up and here is how we will fix it. Our customers matter. Not look how fast we are growing brag brag

If you want a challenge send the guy his wheels for FREE so he can brag about your customer service. At 475% growth im sure you can afford to give away one set of wheels.
Lol

Let's brag about our company growth to compensate for not delivering on the product

Excellent business strategy
Old 02-13-2015, 04:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Seems like you have an issue with ASP if you gave a $5000 deposit and asp only sent $2600 to nutek.

That's quite a profit margin $2400 asp was trying to keep for themselves!! And if they were keeping $2400 from your final $5k payment they were really screwing you !

I've heard a lot of bad thing about ASP but this is really shady
Old 02-13-2015, 01:48 PM

2014 CLA 45
We aren't a startup company that has someone else make out wheels. We own our own machines and manufacture everything in-house. We actually private label for many other companies that I'm sure you are aware of. I bought the company from the founder of HRE Wheels. We have made changes to address the poor communication issues and this situation will work itself out, I'm sure.
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
A fancy website and someone to make these prototypes and all of a sudden you're a wheel company.

These start up wheel companies are generally gone as quickly as they pop up.

The delay is one thing and I know that happens with aftermarket stuff.

The lack of communication is another. Saying that "I own it", is great, but it seems the company hasn't done anything to either deliver the wheels or give the man a guaranteed delivery date that might actually happen.

If you know you are moving and going to sema, why the hell would you tell him he would get his wheels so soon?

sigh, this is rookie ****.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:56 PM

c63
Originally Posted by tusabes
Seems like you have an issue with ASP if you gave a $5000 deposit and asp only sent $2600 to nutek.

That's quite a profit margin $2400 asp was trying to keep for themselves!! And if they were keeping $2400 from your final $5k payment they were really screwing you !

I've heard a lot of bad thing about ASP but this is really shady
This really had nothing to do with ASP once I made contact with Mr. Thomson from Nutek. ASP were just middle men trying to make their mark up. A deposit really has nothing to do with the final price. Who Knows what ASP was making on them but I know nothing shady was going on with ASP. Iv'e been working with them for years with many cars and I can't say enough good things.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Yes that's my point , they were just middle men trying to earn a markup. But a $2400 or $4800 markup is simply robbery for doing nothing other than placing an order

People have gone to nutek directly and got rims for $3-4000. Asp just saw you as a rich guy willing to pay $10k and decided to fleece you
Old 02-15-2015, 09:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
Originally Posted by tusabes
Yes that's my point , they were just middle men trying to earn a markup. But a $2400 or $4800 markup is simply robbery for doing nothing other than placing an order

People have gone to nutek directly and got rims for $3-4000. Asp just saw you as a rich guy willing to pay $10k and decided to fleece you
that goes with all dealers in the wheel industry and even the automotive industry, or hell...in everything

U can goto a legit company like HRE, and get what u want with good service etc but u will pay the premium along with the markup thru their dealers...

what determines a reasonable markup ....let me know when there is a concensus
Old 02-15-2015, 10:08 PM

2006 Lexus GS300, 2007 Lexus GS350
Because of this thread, I will never use ASP nor Nutek. Done. Finito.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by platinumsc
Because of this thread, I will never use ASP nor Nutek. Done. Finito.
Lol...amen