Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

ML350 parking brake help, EPB not resetting after brake change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C350, 2012 ML350
ML350 parking brake help, EPB not resetting after brake change

I did a rear brake job on my '12 ML350 W166 last week and after putting everything back together my electronic parking brake(EPB) won't reset. Before starting the rear brakes I put the rear brakes into service position by:

1. Turn the ignition to Position 1.

2. Make sure the mileage is displayed in the dash center window

3. Don't wait very long before accomplishing the next step: Push the far right "telephone accept call" button on the steering wheel, then push the "OK" button on the left and hold both down for 5 seconds or so.

4. The workshop menu should appear.

5. Scroll down to "Pad replacement" and push OK.

6. Choose OK for "Moving to fitting position"

After installing the new rotors and pads I put everything back together, I tried to "Exit Fitting Position", and I got the "Cond. for Exiting Fitting Position not correct" message. I thought this message would go away after a few days(thought maybe it had to reset) however its been a week and I am still getting the EPB warning message. I am no mechanic by no means but I've done tons of brakes jobs. I have unplugged and plugged back in the EPB many times but still no fix. Anyone have some sound advice?

Old 04-12-2016, 08:11 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 GL63; 2012 750Li; 2016 Nissan Titan XD; 1989 F150
How did you resolve this issue? I'm getting ready to replace the pads and rotors on my 2015 GL63 and want to make sure I don't create any problems for myself.

thanks,