Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

camber help 2001 s500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 s500 with amg factory sport package (black)
camber help 2001 s500

I have lowered my s500 1 1/4" and had an alignment done. I need more camber and I'm out of adjustment. Does anyone make an adjustable arm or cammed bushings or cut and weld? What can I do to keep this new ride hight and get back into factory alignment specs? Please don't say the only thing you can do is to lift it back up. Someone has to have an idea or product. I can weld, get parts machined, whatever.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:17 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by ssfisher
I have lowered my s500 1 1/4" and had an alignment done. I need more camber and I'm out of adjustment. Does anyone make an adjustable arm or cammed bushings or cut and weld? What can I do to keep this new ride hight and get back into factory alignment specs? Please don't say the only thing you can do is to lift it back up. Someone has to have an idea or product. I can weld, get parts machined, whatever.

THERE IS ONLY FRONT AND REAR “TOE” ADJUSTMENT OEM!

‘WE SAW THE NEED THEREFORE TO MANUFACTURE PRECISELY ADJUSTABLE (ON CAR – ACCURATELY UNDER LOAD).... FRONT CAMBER AND CASTER AND REAR CAMBER (WITH EXTRA TOE) ADJUSTER KITS TO SUIT EVERY MERCEDES FROM 1968 TO THE VERY LATEST 2015 MODELS.

For the front (only) you can purchase “one position” offset slotted bolts for the 4 main front bushings. But these only allow a minuscule .3 of one degree (1/8 of an inch – 3mm). And to change settings means labour intensive disassembly each time. The K-MAC kits offer up to 3 times the adjustment range (single wrench on car with ongoing adjustment capability). Similar with the rear adjusters.

Kits are essential to resolve costly, premature edge tire wear, steering pull/improve traction. The result of altering height, fitting wide profile tires/wheels or curb knock damage. Or just the advantage of being able to change settings for “track days”

YOU FIX IT RIGHT THE 1ST TIME WITH K-MAC – No more ongoing trips to dealer or alignment shops or constantly changing tires brands because of only Toe adjustment or the minimal adjustment offered from inaccurate one only position offset bolts!

Bonus is the 4 front (and the 4 rear) bushings also replace the highest wearing suspension bushes. With the K-MAC patented design also having twice the load bearing area. The front bushes are 2 axis/self aligning without the use of oil and air voids. Result is improved brake, traction and steering response.

Also importantly K-MAC rear adjusters move lower arms/tires inwards when wanting to reduce inner edge wear/improve traction (unlike “Camber Arms” that move top of tires outwards diminishing essential clearance to outer fender).

All kits come with instructions and bush extraction/insertion tubes (MB World Member Heiss Rod has kindly provided step by step picture sequence re front bush installation. See https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/518431-k-mac-bushing-install-guide-w211-airmatic.html )

$480US Front kit (W220)

$480US Rear kit

Special promotion price delivery for MB World members USA/Canada $30 one kit or $40 for front and rear (average delivery time is 3 to 4 days). Payment can be made using Visa, MasterCard or PayPal.